Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's much more fun of an experience to go to DHS at night, schedule a few FP+, and hit the rides as they typically don't have much of a line + see fireworks or Fantasmic!
When on our WDW vacations we rarely went to DHS in the morning. Most always we would tour from around 2 PM until closing. We enjoy the shows so generally we needed that long to do everything, and our main objective, as tourists, was Fantasmic. The few times we went in the morning, crowds were pretty light.

Reactions: Nick
Still means more attendance for the park as those 300 and 70 minute wait rides weren't there a few weeks ago when rides around the park were pulling similar waits.

Like I said though, I think DAK is pulling from DHS, not increasing total WDW attendance.
not this week
talked to my nephew who works at DHS and they have been swamped
big numbers this week
the wait for rock n roller coaster was 100 minutes at 10:00 yesterday morning

and agree its obvious DAK is pulling more people thats not even debatable

not this week
talked to my nephew who works at DHS and they have been swamped
big numbers this week
the wait for rock n roller coaster was 100 minutes at 10:00 yesterday morning

and agree its obvious DAK is pulling more people thats not even debatable

RnR changed their dispatch procedures and is running one train empty.

DHS is not swamped, it is not running "big numbers". Waits only say how long it takes to get onto an attraction, nothing about park capacity.

DHS is not swamped, it is not running "big numbers". Waits only say how long it takes to get onto an attraction, nothing about park capacity.

Doesn't WDW cutting staffing tie into this?

I noticed that last week, luckily we had a FP+ for that one, but I thought there might have been an issue with that train. Why would they run one empty? There were actually two employees in one of the cars on the one I saw.

Breakfast bun was good. I cut up the green onion and ate a bit with each bite of the bun. Went well together. Slaw was even better at breakfast. Instead of boba there's a light dressing and pepper on top only. I liked the French toast a lot too. Although the purple stuff didn't really add anything. (Tasted different than the cream cheese mousse to me btw.) I keep hearing the chorizo and hash is really good too, but didn't try it yet.

View attachment 4617

I got a sweet potato hash with pork for breakfast one day. It was absolutely delicious and I would seek it out again. Very flavorful, a little spicy, and somewhat healthy.

For lunch I got the cheeseburger pod and blueberry dessert, both of which I was dying to try. The pod was only okay, the outer layer was more like dry compressed white bread than a steamed bun. I did not like the side slaw it came with. It was dry and boring, and the Boba balls did not contain dressing in my opinion, they were very sweet and belonged in a drink. I would rather try something else than get these again. The blueberry dessert was okay, I would not get it again. It had a very strong natural fruit flavor like a blended yogurt would. It did not taste like cream cheese and wasn't sweet. The passion fruit mousse on top was good but also very fruity. I'm not a big fan of fruit desserts I guess.

From Pongu Pongu I tried the Pongu Lumpia snacks which were WAY better than the blueberry dessert. They are like sweet crispy fried spring rolls with a sweet cream filling and a few chunks of pineapple. They are large and you get 2 for under $5. These are the dessert you should get. So good and served warm.

I did not try the drinks because they didn't seem exciting to me and I avoid sugary drinks. Too much of a ripoff of butterbeer. My friend got the blue sangria from the Canteen and it was very good though.

Although I wasn't overly impressed with my lunch choice, I still think this is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney. The food is interesting and healthy. The restaurant itself doesn't have a special or memorable atmosphere, but it was still a nicer place to spend time compared to other AK food spots. They serve food here all the way till park closing, even if that is 1am for extra magic hours.

Reactions: Alicia
I got a sweet potato hash with pork for breakfast one day. It was absolutely delicious and I would seek it out again. Very flavorful, a little spicy, and somewhat healthy.
Can't wait to try this next time.

I did not like the side slaw it came with.
Blasphemy! The slaw is the best thing in the world. How dare you.

From Pongu Pongu I tried the Pongu Lumpia snacks which were WAY better than the blueberry dessert. They are like sweet crispy fried spring rolls with a sweet cream filling and a few chunks of pineapple. They are large and you get 2 for under $5. These are the dessert you should get. So good and served warm.
I think we can all agree, Lumpia is the greatest thing to come out of this new land. Well worth the billion dollars. (And I am not even being funny, I actually mean that. It's that good.)

Thanks for your thoughts on the food. And I agree, the bun is more bread-like than I was expecting. But I like the bread-like consistency. Goes well with the burger concept.

Reactions: illumination
Can't wait to try this next time.

Blasphemy! The slaw is the best thing in the world. How dare you.

I think we can all agree, Lumpia is the greatest thing to come out of this new land. Well worth the billion dollars. (And I am not even being funny, I actually mean that. It's that good.)

Thanks for your thoughts on the food. And I agree, the bun is more bread-like than I was expecting. But I like the bread-like consistency. Goes well with the burger concept.

Very true about the pod. And although I didn't love it as much as I hoped, it was still fun to try and it makes me happy that they have these new foods on the menu. If they tweak it a bit it can be perfect. Also it could use a noticeable layer of melted cheese inside of it.

I'm actually considering upgrading my AP for Disney to go back on FOP before August (when my blackout dates end)...it's THAT good ....Disney reclaimed the crown for screen based attractions IMO
But you gotta ask yourself if it's worth $149.10 +tax to go from a Silver to a Gold pass?

I've thought about it, but my pass is up for renewal soon anyway. I may just start off as Gold next time from the start though. Still blocked out for Xmas and Spring Break, but open allllll summer.

Reactions: ChrisFL
But you gotta ask yourself if it's worth $149.10 +tax to go from a Silver to a Gold pass?

I've thought about it, but my pass is up for renewal soon anyway. I may just start off as Gold next time from the start though. Still blocked out for Xmas and Spring Break, but open allllll summer.

That is a lot of money, August isn't too far away...

just going by people who actually work at the park in management so ill go with what they say

just going by people who actually work at the park in management so ill go with what they say

Have they mentioned specific numbers?

I'm not privy to anything with DHS, but in general with WDW the management is umm.. taught.. to always say everything is the best most wonderful bestest best ever even when it's obviously a flaming pile.

And to note, my understanding was somewhere in between. Studios above AK but not by much.

Have they mentioned specific numbers?

I'm not privy to anything with DHS, but in general with WDW the management is umm.. taught.. to always say everything is the best most wonderful bestest best ever even when it's obviously a flaming pile.

And to note, my understanding was somewhere in between. Studios above AK but not by much.
yes they did

AK's FOP - Looks like FOP has been closed for most of the day. I do understand they are using 1 theater at the time due to over heating but Does anyone know if all 4 theaters are "show ready" and "operational"? or Are they still switching back and forward within 2 theaters like the screening days?

AK's FOP - Looks like FOP has been closed for most of the day. I do understand they are using 1 theater at the time due to over heating but Does anyone know if all 4 theaters are "show ready" and "operational"? or Are they still switching back and forward within 2 theaters like the screening days?
I've been there while 3 (or maybe even all 4) theaters were running. The line went so fast that day! But that was only once out of the three times I've been in line for the ride.

Today though, I believe there was a fire alarm situation that has caused both rides to close temporarily. Since both rides share a single building they both had to close during the alarm.

Have we ever gotten any real confirmation that "overheating" is the issue? It could be something as innocent as a timing issue. One time I rode I had to wait for the ride system to cycle through entirely before we could begin. You could hear all of the music queues and everything without the screen running. There could be a lot of little things wrong, rather than one big flaw I'm thinking.

...Although, maybe the fire alarm was because of some severe overheating. Anyone have any news on the current situation over there? According to MDE both are still closed now.