Nintendo Switch | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder....why?

Like is it to make it more powerful? Making them should no longer be an issue we are years past covid

Once again I don't need it but every month it doesn't come out...is kinda costing them because unless they aren't Nintendo seems to be stacking games so now more titles will be pushed back plus the laugh titles

Hopefully soon we get a write up as why

Not likely at all, but one could hope they've seen the negative response to the rumors of the new system only having an LCD screen, and that they'd offer a premium OLED option at launch.

Not likely at all, but one could hope they've seen the negative response to the rumors of the new system only having an LCD screen, and that they'd offer a premium OLED option at launch.
lol

I hope not....I really dont under stand people. I have the OG switch...its perfect

Let people upgrade sure but making me pay 50 bucks more for some brighter colors....I don't get. My friend has one and wanted me to get one but after playing his...I don't see it as something needed.

My only hope would be they are making a REAL online this time...and thats slowing them down since they want it to launch at the same time but yeah haha thats not gonna happen

lol

I hope not....I really dont under stand people. I have the OG switch...its perfect

Let people upgrade sure but making me pay 50 bucks more for some brighter colors....I don't get. My friend has one and wanted me to get one but after playing his...I don't see it as something needed.

My only hope would be they are making a REAL online this time...and thats slowing them down since they want it to launch at the same time but yeah haha thats not gonna happen
I bought the original Switch at launch, and I upgraded to OLED last year. As someone who primarily uses the system in handheld mode, it makes a significant difference to me, and it would be very difficult for me to switch back to LCD. A number of my friends have agreed that they wont buy the system at launch if it's LCD, and will wait for an upgraded version later on. I'll be picking it up when it releases in any case.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I bought the original Switch at launch, and I upgraded to OLED last year. As someone who primarily uses the system in handheld mode, it makes a significant difference to me, and it would be very difficult for me to switch back to LCD. A number of my friends have agreed that they wont buy the system at launch if it's LCD, and will wait for an upgraded version later on. I'll be picking it up when it releases in any case.
lol

Nintendo Fans say a lot of things...put out a Mario game people will buy the system and if they don't someone will but its like how fans complain about Pokemon then it sells well everytime

lol

Nintendo Fans say a lot of things...put out a Mario game people will buy the system and if they don't someone will but its like how fans complain about Pokemon then it sells well everytime
Whether the screen is LCD or OLED is not going to make or break the system. It doesn't matter to the majority of the general public, but there's also no good reason not to include it. Intentionally releasing the system with a worse screen, just to release a better version a year or two later is a bit scummy, especially since OLED has become the standard for most portable devices now.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Eurogamer has now reported on Q1 2025.

harumph-harrumph.gif

I stopped playing Pokémon many, MANY years ago and I have almost no faith in Game Freak to make a modern mainline title worthy of the series’ legacy so whenever Pokémon comes up these days there’s only 1 thing I want: HD remakes/remasters of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness from the GameCube. Or even a third game in that series :dizzy:

Makes sense when you consider their investor call will be the month before which is when they can announce the reveal event to shareholders and the public. Either that or they announce the event during the rumored April Direct that this article also claims is coming.

Soooooooooo happy that the first Epic Mickey is getting a remake. Such an underrated game with a great concept that was further bogged down by its terrible sequel. Hopefully they fix the bugs and the camera lol.

Also who here recommends the original Star Wars Battlefront games?

Soooooooooo happy that the first Epic Mickey is getting a remake. Such an underrated game with a great concept that was further bogged down by its terrible sequel. Hopefully they fix the bugs and the camera lol.

I felt like Epic Mickey was a very well made game, but the camera and motion controls ruined it for me. I'm very glad to see it get another chance.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mike S

Star Wars BF2 has a good amount of content like a conquest mode and story mode along with online plus you can always just play offline against bots on any map.

Both are worth it if the collection is like 30 bucks. BF2 is better but there are some cool maps on the first game that didnt make it over and are worth playing

Reactions: Mike S
I’m willing to give him an air of trust considering he nailed Prime Remastered being essentially finished for a while before releasing which the act of the shadow drop it got basically confirmed. If it’s planned for Switch 2 though it could be 2025.

At this point I’m wondering a bit why games might not be ready. Certainly they’ve had enough time since Odyssey and Bowser’s Fury to make a new 3D Mario right? Also Mario Kart should be ready by now as I think the only other projects that team made were Arms and the DLC. I don’t know who made Mario Kart Tour if it was the main team or a side team.
Either way we’ll know what’s going on soon enough if the rumored announcement event still happens next month. If not, there’s still the end of year investor call in May where if the console does come out in March of next year they’ll likely mention it by codename like they did with the original Switch. If neither of these things happen there’s going to be a lot of upset fans, including me :lmao:

Last edited:

As if there weren’t plenty of other arguments already for backwards compatibility being included in the Switch 2, here’s another one. Also this will likely be the last big Pokémon game for the original Switch. There’s never been more than 2 generations per console.

I’m over Pokémon myself unless they remake Colosseum and XD from the GameCube but it seems very unlikely the more time goes by. My only choice might be to *gasp* emulate them if and when I decide to get a Steam Deck for Indiana Jones.

Reactions: saint.piss