Nintendo Switch | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The one third party game I’m hoping for is DOOM: Year Zero.

I know Starfield was made exclusive and I think this same leak made it seem like Elder Scrolls VI would be as well, but I’m hoping what Phil said earlier about a “case by case basis” remains true. DOOM doesn’t really sell gangbusters so maybe they’d think the best option would be to keep it multi platform.

The one third party game I’m hoping for is DOOM: Year Zero.

I know Starfield was made exclusive and I think this same leak made it seem like Elder Scrolls VI would be as well, but I’m hoping what Phil said earlier about a “case by case basis” remains true. DOOM doesn’t really sell gangbusters so maybe they’d think the best option would be to keep it multi platform.
I think he said anything new, is exclusive. Which would mean new IP? I’m sure doom won’t be Xbox /PC exclusive but who knows

We already know Thousand Year Door and Luigi’s Mansion 2 are coming during this time so this news was pretty obvious but still interesting to hear. The fact they’re saying this at all is evidence that the successor is on the way otherwise there would be no need to say it.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I mainly want more power for third party games

Besides Pokémon most first party games don’t need much power to run well

I mainly want more power for third party games

Besides Pokémon most first party games don’t need much power to run well
There’s no doubt in my mind that Pokémon could be done well on the Switch. Game Freak just doesn’t have the talent necessary and is unable to make these games in the deadline required by the generational cycle. What they need to do is slow it down and give them the time that’s needed.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
$500 for the version that can take cartridges…? Is a card reader really that similar in price to an actual disc drive that the difference would be the same as what we see with the PS5 and XBSX/S between the digital and physical models?
It's worth it in the long run for Nintendo to sell a digital only version at a much lower price, even if it is at an initial loss, as anyone who gets it will only be able to buy games directly from Nintendo on their proprietary storefront.

It's worth it in the long run for Nintendo to sell a digital only version at a much lower price, even if it is at an initial loss, as anyone who gets it will only be able to buy games directly from Nintendo on their proprietary storefront.
My question is more about the cartridge slot making it a full $100 more. I get it for a disc drive but this?

My question is more about the cartridge slot making it a full $100 more. I get it for a disc drive but this?
The cartridge slot isn't $100 more in production costs, but rather Nintendo is willing to sell it for $100 less, as it will be more profitable for them long-term

Reactions: Disneyland/DCA
I get the feeling the $100 isn’t JUST for the cartridge slot, as the cartridge slot will be an option for those who wanna run backwards compatible games…

Worth also noting that publisher has a very bad record.

Publisher Rogue Games and developer Dabadu Games have today announced that the rhythm dance game, Hello Kitty and Friends Happiness Parade, will be bringing some cute choreography our way on 26th October.

This one will see you teaming up with the titular Kitty and a handful of familiar faces including Kerokerokeroppi, Badtz-Maru and Pompompurin as you "bring joy to the universe" through the medium of — you guessed it — dance. There are 40 different tracks for you to shake your Joy-Con to and a boatload of unlockables to pick up along the way.

If it sounds a little repetitive, that's because it probably is, but surely there is room here for a decent amount of fun if you are a fan of the Hello Kitty universe (HKU? Is that a thing? We hope not). For a little more information about the game itself and a look at some screenshots, check out the following from the publishers.

HELLO KITTY AND FRIENDS HAPPINESS PARADE stars the iconic Sanrio girl and 10 of her adorable buds like Kerokerokeroppi, Badtz-Maru, Pompompurin and more as they step the beat and roll to the rhythm of over 40 tracks - including 20 new tunes curated exclusively for Switch - to bring joy to the universe.

Grab a pair of Joy-Cons and spread the cheer acrossHELLO KITTY AND FRIENDS HAPPINESS PARADE’s 23 different levels, featuring three new never-before-seen ones! Unlock new besties, discover upgrades, and avoid Kuromi’s tricky traps to leave everyone hopping and bopping for days. Make each parade a mini fashion show with customizable accessories like hats and sunglasses, and don’t forget to strike the perfect pose during mid-parade photoshoots.

The catchily-titled Hello Kitty and Friends Happiness Parade will boogie its way onto the Switch eShop on 26th October for $19.99 (or your regional variant). If you are wanting to grab this one at a reduced price, then you will be pleased to know that the game will be subject to a 15% discount during launch week, so get in there fast to save some pennies.

Only 20 bucks? This is game of the year already.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Wonder? From what I’ve played I have no doubt it’s going to kill it this holiday season. 10-15 million+ easy considering how crazy the sales are for the Switch’s biggest releases.

Last edited:
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Wonder? From what I’ve played I have no doubt it’s going to kill it this holiday season. 10-15 million+ easy considering how the crazy the sales are for the Switch’s biggest releases.
I'm absolutely loving Wonder so far. I'm currently on the 6th world, and the claim that it lives up to Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World holds very true. I feel like Nintendo has been on a roll lately with their big franchises, and I hope they keep up this momentum on their next system.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm absolutely loving Wonder so far. I'm currently on the 6th world, and the claim that it lives up to Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World holds very true. I feel like Nintendo has been on a roll lately with their big franchises, and I hope they keep up this momentum on their next system.
I’m in World 2 going for full 100%. It definitely is comparable to those games lol.

Please be Ocarina, please be Ocarina…
Note: the tweet has since been deleted. Maybe too much trouble.
I think it's most likely a game that hasn't gotten a remake yet. The Oracle games or Minish Cap seem like good candidates. We could also see them bring the existing Wind Waker or Twilight Princess HD versions over.

Reactions: Mike S