Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does the rumored replacement of Dueling Dragons (Dragon Challenge) have any role in this? I know it is situated in Hogsmeade, but if they are thinking of replacing Lost Continent, is there a way to tie it in?

I was thinking that Zelda could be one large facade attraction... To be clear, I never heard the word Zelda mentioned during the current Nintendo development.
Maybe if the expansion was a Fantasyland type area but for Nintendo where more than one franchise was represented. Then I could probably get my Metroid ride.

I think if DC goes, HP should have more than plenty of land. Seuss also has a pretty sizable expansion pad waiting.
I doubt they use that suess expansion pad for more suess though. Lorax is about the only thing that is worth expanding in that franchise and even that didn't get the green light.

Nevermind, new grinch movie coming out soon. Scratch that what I said about Suess.

Reactions: Scott W.
So say they want it open in 2021 as some have said. We are going into 2017 without them having broken ground, which would mean they would have 4 years or less to build an entire, state of the art theme park and resort on land that will need to be heavily prepped for stabilization. I just don't see it, no matter how much of a will or how much money they have to do it.
Most recent theme parks have been 3 years from ground breaking to opening. If they're planning a 2021 opening I would expect ground breaking in 2018, possibly an announcement end of 2017 or early 2018.

Most recent theme parks have been 3 years from ground breaking to opening. If they're planning a 2021 opening I would expect ground breaking in 2018, possibly an announcement end of 2017 or early 2018.

I don't know if this plot of land is just as common as any other park land before development but I'm getting the impression that a lot of work needs to be done before construction can begin.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
I don't know if this plot of land is just as common as any other park land before development but I'm getting the impression that a lot of work needs to be done before construction can begin.
Like maybe a year of work leading up to a 2018 ground breaking?

Thanks to you guys I've been daydreaming up a Zelda ride. While Ocarina is my favorite game of all time I think it would be cool to have the skull kid as an antagonist. I know i'm getting ahead of myself but I don't care. Nintendo is super protective of Zelda so if anything is to come of these rumors I know it'll be epic.

Btw has anyone seen this short film? I wish this studio would make a full length film

2021-2022 will be huge for Disney. SWL will more than likely be finished and MK's 50th anniversary. I seriously don't expect much from TDO other than maybe the stupid GOTG expansion, refurbs, some new million dollar bathrooms, and other stupid money pits but a lot of people including me will be there for the 50th.

Universal opening up a state of the art third gate when everyone is coming for the 50th is great timing and a great strategy. Nintendoland sounds like it'll be amazing. I already can see NBC doing a special of Nintendoland in Japan during the Olympics getting people excited for what's to come to the states.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
2021-2022 will be huge for Disney. SWL will more than likely be finished and MK's 50th anniversary. I seriously don't expect much from TDO other than maybe the stupid GOTG expansion, refurbs, some new million dollar bathrooms, and other stupid money pits but a lot of people including me will be there for the 50th.

Universal opening up a state of the art third gate when everyone is coming for the 50th is great timing and a great strategy. Nintendoland sounds like it'll be amazing. I already can see NBC doing a special of Nintendoland in Japan during the Olympics getting people excited for what's to come to the states.
They already planted the seed with the Mario feature in the closing ceremonies of Brazil.

Skip to 3:42 of the video below (you have to watch on YouTube)

Reactions: Mike S
Super Mario Run isn't doing well as hoped. People aren't liking the game.

I think a lot of the issue and the stock drop is due to the price. Some people think $10 is too pricey.

Personally, I applaud Nintendo trying to ask an upscale price. They just devalue the characters if they mix into the same 99 cent/ constant In-app purchase mess that all the other game companies fight over.

I think a lot of the issue and the stock drop is due to the price. Some people think $10 is too pricey.

Personally, I applaud Nintendo trying to ask an upscale price. They just devalue the characters if they mix into the same 99 cent/ constant In-app purchase mess that all the other game companies fight over.

the game isn't worth 10 bucks which is the problem.

Reactions: s8film40
Super Mario Run isn't doing well as hoped. People aren't liking the game.
Yeah I can see why. I don't like it, I want to be able to control it and the one handed thing is kind of silly. Personally I think they intentionally crippled this game just to differentiate it from their console games. I love the look of it though.

Reactions: bob albert

If they're going to charge an upscale price, they should have created an upscale game and not one that can be compared to a 99¢ game.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn