New Parking Garage | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There was a conversation that had an few things came up including that crazy ass rumor I hinted about a month ago. So far everything has been dead on and coming together perfectly as the conversation predicted. If this stays the coarse were in for something big that may truly show everyone who the new players are in the themepark wars. Also want to mention this same type of conversation took place a little over a year ago. It involved a few things that I thought could never happen, things like Transformers at 44 and Springfield land all by Summer 2013. I think we all know how that turned out...
Do you know when you'll be able to reveal that secret big project?

And as for the garage.....this sounds cool. I'm hoping that they still remember that they have a hotel to finish and open by next year too. :lol:

I understand capacity issues and all, but 6 months is too fast. I mean they have to pay extra to get a parking garage up by the end of the year when phase 2 won't be open until middle of next year. I think some of the hinting HTF is doing really means this is the start of a major project. Uni has issues with space. So build a parking structure and free up some space. That space would not be usable for rides, but some of the current CM buildings would if they were moved back there. So then expediting this project makes sense. The faster you get this done, the faster you can move the other buildings and things (bunkers) and the faster you can build attractions. That way you can meet a 2016/2017 deadlines for this major project. I imagine there are other buildings that may get moved back there in the future that would free up other parts not just MIB/Simpson area.

I completely agree izzy as I wrote earlier I expect them to build at the back of the existing car park hence giving space between diagon alley and the new lot to move new building or existing ones over there to free up space in other areas for development in both parks

I understand capacity issues and all, but 6 months is too fast. I mean they have to pay extra to get a parking garage up by the end of the year when phase 2 won't be open until middle of next year. I think some of the hinting HTF is doing really means this is the start of a major project. Uni has issues with space. So build a parking structure and free up some space. That space would not be usable for rides, but some of the current CM buildings would if they were moved back there. So then expediting this project makes sense. The faster you get this done, the faster you can move the other buildings and things (bunkers) and the faster you can build attractions. That way you can meet a 2016/2017 deadlines for this major project. I imagine there are other buildings that may get moved back there in the future that would free up other parts not just MIB/Simpson area.

Usually a parking garage can go up much quicker than other buildings. With all buildings the structure goes up real quick, but it is the odds and ends that take forever. Much of this is cut out of a parking structure, less electrical, less plumbing, usually no A/C. And these are usually surface mounted in conduit after the structure is complete (instead of concealed inside the walls during construction), so the different crews would not need to trip over each other.

In addition to that, parking structures are much more simplified. Or in other words what you see is the structural elements, a faster method of construction. In many cases many of the pieces can be prefabricated and fitted together. And it seems like this would be nothing compared to those two monstrosities for visitor parking.

I predicted this a while back, not directly space for rides and attractions but indirectly. This should free up space, and they could move the bone yard next to MiB for a nice sized new area. But I do hope they plan ahead for the next time employees would need more parking.

Are you suggesting something crazy that has been speculated on before?

It fits all the clues. Including the new one about showing who the new players in the theme park industry are. An Avatar land at UO when everyone knows its going to Disney would be a major coup.

^^Well with talks around here lately about Uni being extremely aggressive with their money and expansion-ism I would not be suprised (if Uni really wanted it) if they hard bid Disney out their rear for the IP. Hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

If Disney owns the rights that is

If not maybe Cameron liked what Uni had to offer??

This is where I just don't get the conversation on discussion boards sometimes. Everybody absolutely HATES that Avatar is going to DAK and people are coming up with reasons left and right for why it shouldn't happen, yet people now want it to come to Uni? :huh:

Not that it matters. Avatar is happening at DAK. It didn't happen at Uni because they didn't want it anyway.

We even get excited about a TM parking garage. Universal just cannot miss right now it seems, even with little things. I know, it is a big thing for TMs.

Last edited:
This is where I just don't get the conversation on discussion boards sometimes. Everybody absolutely HATES that Avatar is going to DAK and people are coming up with reasons left and right for why it shouldn't happen, yet people now want it to come to Uni? :huh:

Not that it matters. Avatar is happening at DAK. It didn't happen at Uni because they didn't want it anyway.

It's just the new members here that are drawn like moths to a flame in response to every random thing.

GET OFF MY LAWN NEWBIES!

As a TM, I am not really looking forward to the construction that will be going along with this. The Lot is already very crowded and congested as it already is and I don't even want to imagine what it will be like with them trying to build a parking garage on top of that.

As a TM, I am not really looking forward to the construction that will be going along with this. The Lot is already very crowded and congested as it already is and I don't even want to imagine what it will be like with them trying to build a parking garage on top of that.
It will suck during the construction period, but it's going to greatly improve the parking there. The parking already is a nightmare as you said, which is why this is needed. With school out, they'll be able to use the Dr. Phillips parking garage pretty much all day if they want to go that route. Maybe send select TM's to the public garage like they've been doing as well.