Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Music... yet again...

William Kidd. They are similar in feeling and certain aspects but that is not stealing in that form of art. If it is than Spielberg ripped off of a ton of Hitchcock and other film makers. It is all in art style and direction.

I completely agree with you here. People have been screaming that IOA's music is stolen from Hook for years which is goofy. Did someone say to Kidd that they liked a particular feel from one of the Hook overtures? Maybe, but composers have had to follow such queues from directors for years. If there is anyone that has stolen from Williams more than anyone, then it is Williams himself. There is a theme in Hook that sounds exactly like phrases from Hedwig's Theme. There is a complete phrase in the original Star Wars soundtrack that is a total homage to Igor Stravinsky's Firebird Suite.

Inspiration from others leads us to new places in our own work.

The "Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast" had an interview with Islands of Adventure composer William "Bill" Kidd. It's pretty lengthy and he goes through the tracks, their development, etc of Port of Entry, Seuss, Lost Continent, and the fireworks show.

Starts at 1:11:15 of this episode:
http://unofficialuniversalorlando.p...fficial-universal-orlando-podcast-episode-28/

Apparently there's a ton of music we may never hear which is sad. I want the complete score!

Last edited:
The "Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast" had an interview with Islands of Adventure composer William "Bill" Kidd. It's pretty lengthy and he goes through the tracks, their development, etc of Port of Entry, Seuss, Lost Continent, and the fireworks show.

Starts at 1:11:15 of this episode:
http://unofficialuniversalorlando.p...fficial-universal-orlando-podcast-episode-28/

Apparently there's a ton of music we may never hear which is sad. I want the complete score!

That is so insightful! Thanks for posting. Pirate music? Never heard that before. New Spielberg quote, incredible.

On the podcast they played some music from the fireworks show...what fireworks show?! How come I've never seen or heard anything about it?

On the podcast they played some music from the fireworks show...what fireworks show?! How come I've never seen or heard anything about it?

From what I can tell from the short pieces played, portions of the fireworks music plays down near the waterfront today. The "Boom, chum" music that started this thread is part of that original show.

It was actually mentioned on the previous page of this thread. It was called Island Blast. It was seasonal and ended in 2004 (I think)

Video of the show:

http://orlandorocks.com/file_content_small/nighttime_spec_2000.mpg

Oh wow, that brings back some memories from the opening year of IOA. The only thing this video is missing is pyro being launched from the show buildings, so it's definitely not the original version of the show, which was called "Adventure to the Stars." :)

So anyone ever find anymore soundbites of any Marvel Superhero Island songs that are not on the soundtrack? What I would do to have that whole playlist on my iPod.

There are some good non-soundtrack bits in the Marvel section of the 'Island Hopping' track which is mentioned in this thread somewhere... But as for individual tracks, I don't think so. I'd love them too!

Yep I heard that one. I like the one song on it but one of them was already on the soundtrack. Actually have the whole Island Hopping track on my iPod. Good start but I want more!

I noticed a song on loop at Universal Studios near the entrance but I can't put my finger on it. think it came on after or before Back To the Future by Alan Silvesti. It reminded me of the shawshank redemption soundtrack and it isn't apollo 13/liar liar or blues brothers. :bang:

I think it comes on after BTTF and before Beetlejuice btw. :thumbs:

Yep I heard that one. I like the one song on it but one of them was already on the soundtrack. Actually have the whole Island Hopping track on my iPod. Good start but I want more!

I have been meaning to record another, more extensive, Island Hopping track. When I recorded the original, I spent about 5 minutes in each Island, but I'd like to spend longer, maybe 20 or 30 minutes. Just have to find the time to get out there and sit.

I put up this in-park recording of the port of entry today for anyone interested. The lower fidelity audio was recorded some time ago by a another user on here. The link stopped working some time ago, but I have since learned that the recording was made by OU user TheBullseye. Please let him know you appreciate it! I threw up a few pictures to meet youtube's requirements. Fav part not heard anywhere but the parks is at 10:05. The loop is nearly 15 minutes long!

Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;vIGEaZeM2Q8]http://youtu.be/vIGEaZeM2Q8[/video]

Last edited:
I'm still here, just haven't had the time to record more. I hope to get some more in-park recordings up here soon!

Ooops! Sorry to have left you for dead! You are "The Orlando Commando"? What happened to the recording you had online? I can take this one down if you want or put up a copyright or credit to you. Whatever you would prefer I do. Again, sorry!!!

Last edited:
Ooops! Sorry to have left you for dead! You are "The Orlando Commando"? What happened to the recording you had online? I can take this one down if you want or put up a copyright or credit to you. Whatever you would prefer I do. Again, sorry!!!

No problem. The website has been down for awhile, you're more than welcome to keep the recording up. Once I get more recordings done, I'll open up a new website to post them too. Just happy to share the music of IoA with the world!