Music... yet again... | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Music... yet again...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have the POE and Spidey recordings from there downloaded - if no-one objects, I could re-upload them.

Here's the link - if anyone has a problem with me re-uploading these, let me know and they'll disappear. Spidey and POE are included.

Download

Fantastic, thanks Jokerman!

In other news, I finally found the piece of Potter music that has been haunting me for months! Almost an entire year, in fact! Turns out it was "Dumbledore's Army" from OOTP. I'm so happy I finally found it!! :happy:

Fantastic, thanks Jokerman!

In other news, I finally found the piece of Potter music that has been haunting me for months! Almost an entire year, in fact! Turns out it was "Dumbledore's Army" from OOTP. I'm so happy I finally found it!! :happy:

The other song that has been stuck in my head is Professor Umbridge from OOTP!! That song has been stuck in my head for months!

That's a great one! It suits her just perfectly. I love Fireworks too, in fact Hooper did a great job with the OOTP score overall!

I also have Island Hopping, The Mummy Induction, Mummy Queue

Island Hopping

Mummy Induction

Mummy Queue

Where in hell did this Island Hopping track come from? It doesn't sound as if it were recorded at the parks. It is intense. I would still be in a cabinet in the kitchens if this was played in JP. The later part sounds familiar. Then it switches to the Delores Umbridge theme. Totally confused as to where the majority of the JP track came from, especially the early part that has no background noise.

Last edited:
Where in hell did this Island Hopping track come from? It doesn't sound as if it were recorded at the parks. It is intense. I would still be in a cabinet in the kitchens if this was played in JP. The later part sounds familiar. Then it switches to the Delores Umbridge theme. Totally confused as to where the majority of the JP track came from.

I am not sure, but I believe that whoever recorded this was standing lakeside in Jurassic Park.

:'( My music is gone! The Orlando Commando can't be found on Twitter! I want to hear my PoE music and feel like I'm in the parks again! As Teebin said, "Bring on the triple boom chum!" xD...

Tis in my itunes.... save everything you find on the internets dear comrades. It is my elephant theme that I am sooooo greatful to have. Bless the commando.

I might post a link for you IF you immediately grab the file and burn it to your HD and also a CD or DVD. The internet is ephemeral; the data you save from it is not.

Last edited:
That's sound advice Teebin. Whenever I come across interesting or rare things such as bit of concept art and blueprints, videos or audio, I save them right away. And back them up. Okay. I admit it. I'm a chronic hoarder! :lol:

Where in hell did this Island Hopping track come from? It doesn't sound as if it were recorded at the parks.

It was indeed recorded at the parks, as all of the tracks in the 'Island Hopping' were. The Jurassic Park section is in front of the Discovery Center. There were speakers available at ground level, the closer the mic to the speakers, the better the sound.

It was indeed recorded at the parks, as all of the tracks in the 'Island Hopping' were. The Jurassic Park section is in front of the Discovery Center. There were speakers available at ground level, the closer the mic to the speakers, the better the sound.

"Indeed"? Do you know jokerman0925? I have hung out in the JP area of IOA for HOURS and never heard some of that dark dark JP'ish sounding stuff. It was not magnetic resonance recording, it wasn't close speaker recording in some parts. It was too clean and full dynamic. It is those parts that I am not convinced play in the parks. So, that is my opinion. jokerman0925's recording is inconsistent in that some of it sounds like a CD and other parts have BG noise. So, convince me otherwise.

"Indeed"? Do you know jokerman0925? I have hung out in the JP area of IOA for HOURS and never heard some of that dark dark JP'ish sounding stuff. It was not magnetic resonance recording, it wasn't close speaker recording in some parts. It was too clean and full dynamic. It is those parts that I am not convinced play in the parks. So, that is my opinion. jokerman0925's recording is inconsistent in that some of it sounds like a CD and other parts have BG noise. So, convince me otherwise.

I don't know.... I didn't record these. Orlando Commando did, I just re-uploaded them for everyone else.

Pst.... look back earlier in this thread... I recorded those... :wave:

Also, the JP section of "Island Hopping" is not on the IoA soundtrack CD, so someone would have to be connected to get a recording of it. Which, for all I know, TheBullseye might be.

They play plenty of stuff that wasn't included on the CD, like the other versions of Ocean Trader Market so it is probably still from the park. Besides anything else, why would someone randomly add an unconnected piece of music in anyway?

I've had the CD for months but I have just now read this, on the inside of the folded insert:

"Adventurers hear the CALL TO ADVENTURE upon entering the Port of Entry at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Guests are surrounded by the multi-cultural energy of the OCEAN TRADER MARKET as they explore imported treasures and trinkets, and gather the necessary supplies needed for their adventure. Confiscated goods decorate the eclectic dining hall of CONFISCO GRILL. Smooth sailing is forecast for the ISLAND SKIPPER TOURS as it departs frequently from the Port Dock.

Crossing the bridge, a rhythm band march tempo serves as a WELCOME TO SEUSS LANDING. Step into the bookshop to hear the SEUSS LANDING ENSEMBLE perform music of Seuss Landing in their own classical style. Under the huge red and white striped hat, meet the world famous Dr. Seuss character THE CAT IN THE HAT as he steps in on the mat! You'll see what would happen if you ran the circus over at the Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-Pendous.

Exploring farther into THE LOST CITY of Atlantis, guests hear music evocative of a warm, magical, hidden city filled with ancient ruins and mystery. The SINDBAD BAZAAR is bustling and alive with street vendors, games, entertainment, and exotic feasting pleasures sure to delight adventurers of all ages. 'Round the bend MERLIN WOODS PLAZA is home to a time of brave knights, majestic castles, chivalry, dragons, and enchanted sorcerers. A catchy Celtic melody weaves through the plaza captivating visitors with the traditional Druid dance. Young adventurers with a courageous heart will discover the magic of a Unicorn's Horn as they search Merlin's Magic Forest for THE FLYING UNICORN.

The majestic gates of Jurassic Park greet visitors as they enter. The steel drum rhythms of the JURASSIC CALYPSO fill the air just outside the entrance to CAMP JURASSIC. After a plunge on the Jurassic Park River Ride, adventurers are invited to dine to the Cuban beat of THUNDER FALLS TERRACE.

TOON WALK sets the cartoon stage as guests enter Toon Lagoon. THE WACKY WORLD OF JAY WARD finds Dudley Do Right on the heels of theat classic melodramatic villain Snidely Whiplash! POPEYE'S SWEETHAVEN is the happy home to everyone's havorite cartoon sailor Popeye. This jaunty seaport village is accompanied by the traditional nautical sounds of penny whistle, tuba, fiddle, and ocarina.

The pages of the famous Marvel Comics come to life down MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND MAIN STREET. Guests who dare, enter the dark comic book backstreet inhabited by Marvel Comic's diabolical DOCTOR DOOM. This feature film styled soundtrack foreshadows the plans of the fearful madman and offers hope that The Fantastic Four may outwit his next evil plot. The Storm Force Excelatron needs human help to combat the evil destructive powers of Magneto and demonstrates superhero fury in THE FORCE OF STORM! Bruce BANNER SCIENCE PARK is the home of the Gamma Core which transforms visitors into The Incredible Hulk.

THE ADVENTURE LIVES ON at the Lagoon Edge as the skies become The Nighttime Spectacular ignited by a spark of imagination and our passion for adventure!"

Nighttime Spectacular? Hmm, perhaps a lagoon show has always been in the works. FYI this CD came out in 2000.

P.S. I know there were mistakes with spelling and grammar in the quote but that's how it was written on the CD insert.

THE ADVENTURE LIVES ON at the Lagoon Edge as the skies become The Nighttime Spectacular ignited by a spark of imagination and our passion for adventure!"[/I]

Nighttime Spectacular? Hmm, perhaps a lagoon show has always been in the works. FYI this CD came out in 2000.

Bwwahhhhhh!?!?! :faint:

I knew IOA was supposed to have had a nighttime show. With such a big lagoon and all. There were so many possibilities: a World of Color style show, an EPCOT style fireworks show from barges, a Fantasmic style show with set pieces and live actors, etc.

My best guess was that IOA planned on setting up a nighttime spectacular a year after initial operation to get the kinks out of all the in-place attractions. But as Universal Creative minds were cooking something awesome up, the local community began to complain about noise. So Universal put up the sound barrier between the former Dueling Dragons coaster and never bothered with investing time and money into a show which would have gotten them more noise complaints. (Totally just my thoughts of what could have occured. The sound wall behind DD could have been constructed with the park. IDK.)

My best guess was that IOA planned on setting up a nighttime spectacular a year after initial operation to get the kinks out of all the in-place attractions. But as Universal Creative minds were cooking something awesome up, the local community began to complain about noise. So Universal put up the sound barrier between the former Dueling Dragons coaster and never bothered with investing time and money into a show which would have gotten them more noise complaints. (Totally just my thoughts of what could have occured. The sound wall behind DD could have been constructed with the park. IDK.)

The wall went up after either the soft opening or the grand, not sure which. It was not part in the original plans for the park. That was a stumble and so was the marketing scheme at the time that people found confusing. Then 9/11 put the kabosh on any future plans for the time being; including all the parks. Just as UOR was rebounding in 2003 Disney launched the Magical Express in early 2004 and it was a real gut punch to UOR all the way up to the launch of the WW. It is only now that they could consider such a night time show.