MSHI Expansion? | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Marvel doesn't make sense in Epcot. The themes and messages of the movies don't fit even if some of the visuals do.

I was just talking about visuals. I never get hung up on an overall park theme. It's like people flipping out over IOA getting non-literary based attractions. It really doesn't bother me. They could drop Endor into AK and I'd probably book a trip right now. But I do get that it's a big deal to some people.

Spaceship Earth
Please NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Disney is pivoting Epcot into the Marvel park from what I heard
I can see it going into Wonders of Life Pavilion. I mean, he is a doctor.
That would at least be a bit better. If they could use it Stark Expo would've been even better since the simulator bays are already there. They could've moved the ones from Star Tours once that closed sometime after SWL and then Echo Lake would've been prime for total redevelopment as well.

Yeah, Epcot's dead.

Last edited:
The possible trade bait here is the Hulk movie distribution rights. I could see a trade built around that in exchange for a permanent upgrade/update in what Universal can use for MSHI in terms of allowing MCU alongside the current comic-based offering.

But most likely the current stalemate is likely to prevail for a long time; neither side has an incentive to help the other side, and from a position of strength, there's no reason why Universal should let go of their current Marvel offering or the Hulk movie distribution rights.

I'm actually rather surprised that the Hulk Film rights haven't bounced back to Disney at this point, especially since it's been nearly 10 years since a stand-alone Hulk movie was released.

I think Disney will get the film rights in due time; and then the only thing Universal has is essentially the theme park rights for Osaka (which could leave either way with Comcast now fully owning the park and that it lacks a few particular robots in disguise) and Orlando.

I was just talking about visuals. I never get hung up on an overall park theme. It's like people flipping out over IOA getting non-literary based attractions. It really doesn't bother me. They could drop Endor into AK and I'd probably book a trip right now. But I do get that it's a big deal to some people.

That's not the "theme" of IOA.

Curious, how long till the wordwide distribution rights relapse?
@Disneyhead might know, but I'm not sure it's ever been made public.

Universal has the first look rights to distribute at least the next Hulk movie; that's all we really know. Disney's wanted that back for a while now but Universal hasn't budged, so Disney's just been parading Hulk through the other MCU films, i.e. Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers and whatnot.

I'm not sure there's an expiration on the distribution rights (whatever it is, whether 1 movie or permanent rights) though.

It's been 10 years now and they still have it, so that points to perpetual rights I guess.

Last edited:
Does anybody have the article link explaining the marvel contract and what deals can be made on hand?

Edit: can universal make a deal with marvel trading something for the MSU avengers.

Does anybody have the article link explaining the marvel contract and what deals can be made on hand?

Edit: can universal make a deal with marvel trading something for the MSU avengers.
The only things that Universal owns from Marvel are the MSHI related theme park rights and Hulk movie distribution rights.

The problem is, they're not really of equal value because boosting MSHI is equal to boosting IoA, which is different from just having Universal distributing a movie and taking a cut. That's probably one of the bigger issues with any deal.

At this point, I'm not even sure Disney wants to see a major revamp to MSHI because it'd boost their competitor.

Sorry, you're gonna get a lot of jokes about this.

I'll take it at face value. Could Universal buy the entire Marvel Universe? Not even remotely. Universal would have to buy Marvel from Disney and Marvel isn't for sale. I would think it's easily a 20B+ purchase if it was.

Now, could Universal buy the rights to use the Marvel Universe movies as basis for the parks? A little more realistic, but still never going to happen. Disney wants to use these characters to boost their own parks. Unless Universal's payments to Disney could be a significant driver of all parks revenue, Disney has no incentive.

I wouldn't know, but I assume if UNI nogotitiated anything with Disney, it would put at risk their current contract...but their current contract appears to be such a great deal, why would they ever risk any changes?

I wouldn't know, but I assume if UNI nogotitiated anything with Disney, it would put at risk their current contract...but their current contract appears to be such a great deal, why would they ever risk any changes?
Yeah, but they don't own the characters from MSU. If they wanted to make an iron man ride which is something that has been talked about here they would have to use !SU tony stark for the ride unless they use ...image.jpeg
What they have right now is good as you can see from the Hulk refurb, but some marvel attarctions wouldn't be as good with the comic version. I would totally prefer they redo MSI with Tom Holland spiderman, Avengers, Chris Evans captain America, Robert Downey Iron man. I could all be run by Agents of shield and that would be much nicer IMO marvel expirience.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Yeah, but they don't own the characters from MSU. If they wanted to make an iron man ride which is something that has been talked about here they would have to use !SU tony stark for the ride unless they use ...View attachment 4877
What they have right now is good as you can see from the Hulk refurb, but some marvel attarctions wouldn't be as good with the comic version. I would totally prefer they redo MSI with Tom Holland spiderman, Avengers, Chris Evans captain America, Robert Downey Iron man. I could all be run by Agents of shield and that would be much nicer IMO marvel expirience.
That's not what comics look like today, man. They could easily do a ride based off the comics and have it look great. 6AE04805-D0FD-443E-9F4D-9FC2452B7E5D-3917-0000028D8C42A486.jpeg

Yeah, but they don't own the characters from MSU. If they wanted to make an iron man ride which is something that has been talked about here they would have to use !SU tony stark for the ride unless they use ...View attachment 4877

The new Avengers film is rumoured to be costing $1 billion to make, to get most of the people on board for a new attraction, you could imagine the cost.

Universal don't own any of the Marvel characters, they just have a license to use them and a contract for others not to (Disney World).

The new Avengers film is rumoured to be costing $1 billion to make, to get most of the people on board for a new attraction, you could imagine the cost.

Universal don't own any of the Marvel characters, they just have a license to use them and a contract for others not to (Disney World).

And that Osaka has the license for Spider-Man, but outside of him; there really isn't any other Marvel IP used there.

I have to think, if either lose Marvel in the coming years; it's Osaka.

That's not what comics look like today, man. They could easily do a ride based off the comics and have it look great. View attachment 4878

This. THIS.

Naw, the contract can only be changed if both sides agree to a new contract or an updated contract. So far though, there's been no agreement on changing the original Marvel-IoA contract; they've just clarified the terms in various lawyer-led discussions.