MSHI Expansion? | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Go ride it.

Flight of Passage.

Soarin' 2.0 is an extreme understatement.
Go ride it.

Flight of Passage.

Soarin' 2.0 is an extreme understatement.
I hate to disagree, but having ridden it, while it is really good, Forbidden Journey and Spider-Man are still WAY better in my opinion. As much as people hyped up Flight of Passage, I was actually kind of let down. Definitely Soarin' 2.0 to me.

Saying Flight of Passage is better than Spider-Man just really makes my head spin.
Haha don't worry it's not.

Once Universal or Disney actually builds a ride encompassing everything they've utilized in Spidey or Forbidden Journey as well as serious animatronics and even more high tech we'll talk.

I have a feeling we won't see anything topping it until at least Star Wars Land or Mario Kart.

I honestly can't see anything topping Spider-Man for me personally. It has two factors. One, it's a perfectly polished ride with a great story that's timeless and two, I'll never forget the first time riding it. It felt light years ahead of anything and even with all the advances in technology now, other rides feel like an evolutionary step forward but Spider-Man felt like a giant leap and I don't think I'll ever feel that again.

Someone around here was saying that 2 years ago.

Oh wait, it was me.
And I'm happy I believed you :)
Haha don't worry it's not.

Once Universal or Disney actually builds a ride encompassing everything they've utilized in Spidey or Forbidden Journey as well as serious animatronics and even more high tech we'll talk.

I have a feeling we won't see anything topping it until at least Star Wars Land or Mario Kart.
My reference was purely about the simulator aspect.

I doubt it would happen, but it could be possible to house two different rides in a Stark Tower building. An Avengers ride plus a ToT-style ride.

I wonder if Disney did the GOTG retheme of the California Tower of Terror in order to beat Universal to the punch on a Marvel drop ride.

You're idea could idea could work for an idea I had about putting a roof over part of MSHI. The tower could look like an Avengers tower from underneath the roof and have a drop ride in it, but when you exit the drop ride you could be given the choice to exit at an area on top of the roof and be taken to differently themed area.

An idea I had for the Marvel area if the skyline from other areas of IoA, the hotels, or the waterparks isn't a problem is that they could put a roof over part or most of the Marvel Superhero Island and build an area based on New Donk City from the Mario Odyssey game. The roof either would or would not have walls attached to it going around the area of MSHI that would have a roof above it. This would provide more shade to IoA and allow more attractions to be added to IoA without getting rid of any Marvel stuff. The attractions in the New Donk City would probably have to be lightweight, so they might be VR rides. If having heavy attractions isn't a problem, parts of the New Donk City could also be used for storing things. The New Donk City level seems to have a crane as part of it so it could make sense to have some sort of crane as part of the area that lifts things up to the area for storage or lowers them down.

The Hulk coaster would probably not be under the roof except maybe part of it and that part might have a covering around it so that it's not seen as it goes through the area under the roof and prevents outside light from coming down into the area. So, it would be like the section of Rip, Ride, Rockit that goes through the New York area, but maybe have a covering around where the coaster track is so that it would seem like the coaster is going through a tunnel from the point of view of a rider.

If the roof has walls around it and can make the area very dark, it can provide an interesting difference to much of IoA or even another part of MSHI if the roof doesn't go over a substantial part of MSHI. Having it possible for the area to be dark could be interesting for Halloween as well. For the future, if Disney ever buys the Marvel theme park rights or Universal decides to change the theming for some other reason, something interesting that can be done is change the area under the roof to be themed after Batman's Gotham City and change the area on top of the roof to Superman's Metropolis (Gotham is often shown as being darker than Metropolis in recent movies). Relatively small theme park areas are reportedly being constructed with similar aesthetic ideas in an indoor theme park in the Middle East. Warner Bros. Plans To Build Gotham City For $1B Abu Dhabi Theme Park | Deadline

If it's not rethemed to Gotham and Metropolis, it could still be rethemed to a city during two different two time periods such as day and night or two times decades apart or the two areas could be rethemed after two different other cities.

It seems that Unviersal at one point had an idea for building facades that look like large New York City buildings in the IoA area. You can see it in the pictures titled 'Universal City Overview' here- parkrumors.com/universal-royal-egyptian-resort/

I honestly can't see anything topping Spider-Man for me personally. It has two factors. One, it's a perfectly polished ride with a great story that's timeless and two, I'll never forget the first time riding it. It felt light years ahead of anything and even with all the advances in technology now, other rides feel like an evolutionary step forward but Spider-Man felt like a giant leap and I don't think I'll ever feel that again.
I think if FJ had a better storyline/no projection it could have topped Spiderman...The first time I turned the corner in Spiderman and felt like I was in a street and Spiderman jumped on my car is an illusion that wont work the same way again for me haha

I wonder if Disney did the GOTG retheme of the California Tower of Terror in order to beat Universal to the punch on a Marvel drop ride.

You're idea could idea could work for an idea I had about putting a roof over part of MSHI. The tower could look like an Avengers tower from underneath the roof and have a drop ride in it, but when you exit the drop ride you could be given the choice to exit at an area on top of the roof and be taken to differently themed area.

An idea I had for the Marvel area if the skyline from other areas of IoA, the hotels, or the waterparks isn't a problem is that they could put a roof over part or most of the Marvel Superhero Island and build an area based on New Donk City from the Mario Odyssey game. The roof either would or would not have walls attached to it going around the area of MSHI that would have a roof above it. This would provide more shade to IoA and allow more attractions to be added to IoA without getting rid of any Marvel stuff. The attractions in the New Donk City would probably have to be lightweight, so they might be VR rides. If having heavy attractions isn't a problem, parts of the New Donk City could also be used for storing things. The New Donk City level seems to have a crane as part of it so it could make sense to have some sort of crane as part of the area that lifts things up to the area for storage or lowers them down.

The Hulk coaster would probably not be under the roof except maybe part of it and that part might have a covering around it so that it's not seen as it goes through the area under the roof and prevents outside light from coming down into the area. So, it would be like the section of Rip, Ride, Rockit that goes through the New York area, but maybe have a covering around where the coaster track is so that it would seem like the coaster is going through a tunnel from the point of view of a rider.

If the roof has walls around it and can make the area very dark, it can provide an interesting difference to much of IoA or even another part of MSHI if the roof doesn't go over a substantial part of MSHI. Having it possible for the area to be dark could be interesting for Halloween as well. For the future, if Disney ever buys the Marvel theme park rights or Universal decides to change the theming for some other reason, something interesting that can be done is change the area under the roof to be themed after Batman's Gotham City and change the area on top of the roof to Superman's Metropolis (Gotham is often shown as being darker than Metropolis in recent movies). Relatively small theme park areas are reportedly being constructed with similar aesthetic ideas in an indoor theme park in the Middle East. Warner Bros. Plans To Build Gotham City For $1B Abu Dhabi Theme Park | Deadline

If it's not rethemed to Gotham and Metropolis, it could still be rethemed to a city during two different two time periods such as day and night or two times decades apart or the two areas could be rethemed after two different other cities.

It seems that Unviersal at one point had an idea for building facades that look like large New York City buildings in the IoA area. You can see it in the pictures titled 'Universal City Overview' here- parkrumors.com/universal-royal-egyptian-resort/
Universal is putting in a drop ride??

Just saw the new spiderman and it was more than amazing. Disney in CA is now getting a lot of Marvel and I hear that WDW could be sneaking it's way around this contract. It's time for Universal to step up their game and MSHI should be a large priority. After I saw this movie ideas came flowing for what a new spiderman retheme could be. I get universal just updated the ride but is there a way that they can buy the new marvel universe theme. The comics go well but the new marvel would be an amazing land.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
With Disney announcing an Avengers ride and a Spider-Man ride coming to Orlando, I'm REALLY curious what Universal got out of the deal. Could Universal lay off of the avenger type characters and focus more on x men and fantastic 4 for future rides? (If we ever get an update to this area- and no the Hulk refurb and a pretzel shop don't count)

With Disney announcing an Avengers ride and a Spider-Man ride coming to Orlando, I'm REALLY curious what Universal got out of the deal. Could Universal lay off of the avenger type characters and focus more on x men and fantastic 4 for future rides? (If we ever get an update to this area- and no the Hulk refurb and a pretzel shop don't count)

Spider-Man and The Avengers are not coming to Orlando.

They, are coming over to California, and not Orlando.

WDW, is getting a custom-created Guardians attraction, and that @Disneyhead seemed to hint that Universal is looking to develop a potential Iron Man style attraction for the future.

It seems more that Disney and Universal talked more specifically on what they both can and can't use, and that it seems for Disney, they are happy to bring Guardians over; and that with the patent of the Iron Man-like Ride System awarded to Universal Creative, I would expect a lot more Marvel in Orlando overall in the coming years ahead.

Spider-Man and The Avengers are not coming to Orlando.

They, are coming over to California, and not Orlando.

WDW, is getting a custom-created Guardians attraction, and that @Disneyhead seemed to hint that Universal is looking to develop a potential Iron Man style attraction for the future.

It seems more that Disney and Universal talked more specifically on what they both can and can't use, and that it seems for Disney, they are happy to bring Guardians over; and that with the patent of the Iron Man-like Ride System awarded to Universal Creative, I would expect a lot more Marvel in Orlando overall in the coming years ahead.
I must have misread a thread. With so much new information I'm not surprised.
Thanks for clearing that up though!