Monster Makeover coming to USF | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Monster Makeover coming to USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, let me preface this by saying the $125 is still hefty.

But after speaking with people who had the experience, it is a little more than just "face paint". One person said the makeup stayed on all day during their Universal visit and never smudged. It's professional-grade makeup with professional-grade tools, all done by a professional - so I understand the premium.

There will be a market for this, but they need to adjust a little. Either add a photo package to make the $125 more palatable or bring the price down.
Glad to hear there's a little more to it, but still to pricey. Gonna be a skip for me for sure, but honestly unless it was really really cool would have likely been a skip anyways since I hate having stuff on my face.

Do you think its staying on as well as it is because of quality or do you think the fact that it is winter has a play in it too?

Glad to hear there's a little more to it, but still to pricey. Gonna be a skip for me for sure, but honestly unless it was really really cool would have likely been a skip anyways since I hate having stuff on my face.

Do you think its staying on as well as it is because of quality or do you think the fact that it is winter has a play in it too?

Definitely quality. I'm sure the winter temps help, too. I wouldn't expect the hotter temps to cause any issues unless someone's doing some extraneous activities.

Reactions: MrRoamer
As someone else who has been a Scareactor, that setting spray BURNS if it gets in your eyes
You're supposed to keep your eyes (and mouth) closed! :p When I worked Knotts in 2022, we had to do our own blackout eye makeup since we had masks. So I bought the setting spray so we wouldn't have to redo it on break lol

I'd hope they used the setting spray for $125 :eyes:

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Ok, let me preface this by saying the $125 is still hefty.

But after speaking with people who had the experience, it is a little more than just "face paint". One person said the makeup stayed on all day during their Universal visit and never smudged. It's professional-grade makeup with professional-grade tools, all done by a professional - so I understand the premium.

There will be a market for this, but they need to adjust a little. Either add a photo package to make the $125 more palatable or bring the price down.
I feel like Photo Package should be the minimum for this honestly. I get that it's a more premium make-up look than standard theme park face painting booths, but it's ultimately still something that gets washed off completely at the end of the day before bed or when you go to the pool. You could bring three people onto the Citywalk Escape Room and still have about $5 left over compared to the $125 for this for one person, and I remember that Escape Room pricing being a major issue for a lot of people here.

Maybe I'm missing something, or there is a lot of extra charm in the experience itself, but for this to even be viable for me or anyone I know who are UCM fans, this has to be much more tailored to being an "experience" than it currently is. Complimentary photo shoot with themed backdrops, UCM meet n greet, backstage HMU tour, I'm not sure but something bigger than just the makeup imo.

Shoutout to the makeup artists getting the new gig though, get those hours!!

You're supposed to keep your eyes (and mouth) closed! :p When I worked Knotts in 2022, we had to do our own blackout eye makeup since we had masks. So I bought the setting spray so we wouldn't have to redo it on break lol

I'd hope they used the setting spray for $125 :eyes:
Whenever I'd get eye makeup they'd throw on the setting spray and I'd have to keep my eyes closed for like 5 minutes or it would drip in lol

• Wow
Reactions: Wesker69
If they threw in even one accessory or dropped the price $20, I'd be in for it at least once.

My fear is that I'll ruin the sheets at my hotel when I get too tired to wash it off that night. lol

Found this page while looking for the Epic Universe shirt. They're calling it a limited-time only offering (until April 7) and offer both a 30 and 45-minute makeover. This isn't something I'd care to do, but it certainly looks more substantial than a face-painting booth (as others have said).

They're calling it a limited-time only offering (until April 7) and offer both a 30 and 45-minute makeover. This isn't something I'd care to do, but it certainly looks more substantial than a face-painting booth (as others have said).
Interesting... Perhaps they are testing the viability of this as a potential offering at Dark Universe.

Yea no thanks. $65 (for "Mid-Transformatoon") is just as bad as $125 for basically glorified face paint without any "extras"..

If they wanted to do this for Dark Universe, they're going to need to add A LOT more. This just caters to people who want to burn money.