Monster Makeover coming to USF | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Monster Makeover coming to USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I saw a little brief update on YouTube of Five & Dime. This video just happened to pop up..

They now sell makeup kits/fangs, eye lashes, hair extensions, headbands and other accessories. It's basically like a mini "Spirit Halloween" section.

Yeah, this seems like a dud. I respect them for trying to add some UCM offerings to fit alongside Horror Make-Up, but this ain't it.

How much does the Superhero facepaint in MSHI next door go for? Does anyone here know?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Maybe this is an example of a disconnect between the type of people that frequent the forums vs general public vs AP folk but from some of the posts on the AP FB Group there's lots of positive interest. Bunch of people saying its expensive but not the majority.

Also somehow a bunch of them are impressed with the results....

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Well maybe a downstream effect of people finding $125 dollars to be a fair price for Monsters experiences is us getting that Black Lagoon ride a few years down the road.

I know what you're getting at, but now I've got an image in my head of some Universal executive sitting around going, "We will not greenlight a Black Lagoon expansion unless at least 25 people pay to get their face painted as the Creature, dammit!"

Maybe this is an example of a disconnect between the type of people that frequent the forums vs general public vs AP folk but from some of the posts on the AP FB Group there's lots of positive interest. Bunch of people saying its expensive but not the majority.

Also somehow a bunch of them are impressed with the results....

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF
IT'S THE SAME LOOK

Ok, let me preface this by saying the $125 is still hefty.

But after speaking with people who had the experience, it is a little more than just "face paint". One person said the makeup stayed on all day during their Universal visit and never smudged. It's professional-grade makeup with professional-grade tools, all done by a professional - so I understand the premium.

There will be a market for this, but they need to adjust a little. Either add a photo package to make the $125 more palatable or bring the price down.

Universal Orlando has opened the "Monster Makeover: Become the Monster!" experience at Universal Studios Florida.

Reactions: belloq87
Personally, I feel like they need to trim down the options. They don't need 30+ "looks", especially when half aren't even monstrous. With a title of "Monster Makeover", I expect something along the lines of Universal Monsters, zombies, vampires etc. It just isn't necessary to have an excessive amount of options.

- Scale back the options (most aren't $125 "looks")
- Include photo packages
- Special merch (tshirt or something)
- Monster/Beetlejuice meet-n-greet(?)
- Lower the price if you're not going to include the above.

Oh crazy thought. Tie this into Epic Universe's backstory of Dark Universe. You "Become the Monster" via Dr Victoria Frankenstein.