Manta | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ask him how much money they paid him and tell them for Cheetah Chafe I will do it for free.

My brother is friends with his sister and she says got paid a lot. Hah!

And I'm sure he has ridden the coaster. But he's already ridden on a flying manta ray if that counts. :lol:

Rode Manta for the first time on Monday - it was awesome!!! Such a smooth and enjoyable roller coaster. The "near miss" into the rocks was pretty neat, and the pretzel loop was quite a thrill. Scariest part of the ride for me was the climb at the beginning, haha.

Rode Manta for the first time on Monday - it was awesome!!! Such a smooth and enjoyable roller coaster. The "near miss" into the rocks was pretty neat, and the pretzel loop was quite a thrill. Scariest part of the ride for me was the climb at the beginning, haha.

Yeah, not having a seat will make ya feel a little vulnerable.

From Inside SeaWorld Blog

The Travel Channel will soon be featuring SeaWorld Orlando's Manta and Kraken thrill rides in a series about the best roller coasters in the U.S. It's great to be nominated, but we want to show everyone who has the most incredible coasters, and you can help!

Now through May 18, vote for Manta as the best in the "Hang 'em High" category. It's all about your feet hanging in the air and the sensation of flying, which is so true on Manta.
The winner of this category will be revealed on the Travel Channel's Insane Coaster Wars Sunday, July 8, 2012.
Vote now and go Manta!

We helped the Kasi (the baby cheetah) win, we can damn well make sure that Manta wins.

As some of you know I really love coaster but unfortunately age is catching up with me and I have become very prone to motion sickness. Well, I decided to try the ScoPace patch and give riding a try once again.

So, here a POV video from yesterday shot while riding Manta . . .

[video=youtube_share;XYXhlu85PKU]http://youtu.be/XYXhlu85PKU[/video]

I'll keep using the patch and see what else I can ride. I seriously recommend the patch to anyone that experiences motion sickness as it works great. I was a little lightheaded for a few minutes after but that was it. :thumbs:

Dianne had already ridden it with roodles and she loves it as do I. I was amazed by the smoothness of it. :thumbs: I will definitely be riding again and as I already stated will continue to ride more coasters.
The yelling and swearing you hear in the video is from a friend we brought. She obviously did not like it.

As some of you know I really love coaster but unfortunately age is catching up with me and I have become very prone to motion sickness. Well, I decided to try the ScoPace patch and give riding a try once again.

[video=youtube_share;XYXhlu85PKU]http://youtu.be/XYXhlu85PKU[/video]

I'll keep using the patch and see what else I can ride. I seriously recommend the patch to anyone that experiences motion sickness as it works great. I was a little lightheaded for a few minutes after but that was it. :thumbs:

Good to know they worked, do you also have the same problem with simulators? I can't do them they make me sick so maybe if something like that would work I could do a few more rides.
Too bad I didn't know you were there yesterday, because so was I.

Is that a prescription or over the counter? Mt GF gets motion sickness to the point where she can barely ride in a car with me and she refuses to ride coasters or simulators. She tried the non-drowsy Dramamine and not only did it not work... it put her to sleep. lol I'm just looking for something that will allow her to ride, and in turn, allow me to ride.

Good for you Bob :happy:

Its a great ride isn't it? Its my number 1 coaster I just love it,did you try back row yet that a different beast altogether.

Great POV too hope to see more now your riding again.

Guess the real test for the ScoPace patch will be SW's Wild Arctic Ride :rofl: (sorry couldn't resist)

Good for you Bob :happy:

Its a great ride isn't it? Its my number 1 coaster I just love it,did you try back row yet that a different beast altogether.

Great POV too hope to see more now your riding again.

Guess the real test for the ScoPace patch will be SW's Wild Arctic Ride :rofl: (sorry couldn't resist)

My go to everytime, the G's there are great.