Manta | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would like to start off by apologizing. ScoPace is the same med in pill form. It was taken of the market a few years back due to lake of demand. I have used it as it is less expensive but did not work nearly as good as the patch does. Scopolamine also known as Transderm Scop or Transderm SC is the correct name.

Good to know they worked, do you also have the same problem with simulators? I can't do them they make me sick so maybe if something like that would work I could do a few more rides.
Too bad I didn't know you were there yesterday, because so was I.

Yes and no. I can ride DM and Spidey with no issues. FJ, Simpsons and Wild Artic are no good at all. Personally I would rather ride coasters than simulators. I'll try them again someday but I need to catch up with the "real" rides first. :lol:

People that follow me on Twitter knew I was there yesterday. In fact, I met up with maxairmike. You could always PM me when you know you are going to either SWO or BGT as I am usually at one or the other on Saturdays.

Is that a prescription or over the counter? Mt GF gets motion sickness to the point where she can barely ride in a car with me and she refuses to ride coasters or simulators. She tried the non-drowsy Dramamine and not only did it not work... it put her to sleep. lol I'm just looking for something that will allow her to ride, and in turn, allow me to ride.

Prescription only. If I remember correctly they run about $15 each in a four pack. I have tried all of the OTC meds for motion sickness and none of them helped at all. Although, they all made me very tired. The biggest side effect that I see is dry mouth. Extremely dry mouth. If you guys decide to go this route I strongly recommend bringing along some hard candy to suck on.

Good for you Bob :happy:

Its a great ride isn't it? Its my number 1 coaster I just love it,did you try back row yet that a different beast altogether.

Great POV too hope to see more now your riding again.

Guess the real test for the ScoPace patch will be SW's Wild Arctic Ride :rofl: (sorry couldn't resist)

Yes, great ride! :thumbs: No back row yet. Had to make sure I was going to be alright first.

I plan on doing more POVs. I need to justify the GoPro somehow. :lol:

And no, you won't see me on Wild Artic again.

Last edited:
I would like to start off by apologizing. ScoPace is the same med in pill form. It was taken of the market a few years back due to lake of demand. I have used it as it is less expensive but did not work nearly as good as the patch does. Scopolamine also known as Transderm Scop or Transderm SC is the correct name.

Yes and no. I can ride DM and Spidey with no issues. FJ, Simpsons and Wild Artic are no good at all. Personally I would rather ride coasters than simulators. I'll try them again someday but I need to catch up with the "real" rides first. :lol:

People that follow me on Twitter knew I was there yesterday. In fact, I met up with maxairmike. You could always PM me when you know you are going to either SWO or BGT as I am usually at one or the other on Saturdays.

Prescription only. If I remember correctly they run about $15 each in a four pack. I have tried all of the OTC meds for motion sickness and none of them helped at all. Although, they all made me very tired. The biggest side effect that I see is dry mouth. Extremely dry mouth. If you guys decide to go this route I strongly recommend bringing along some hard candy to suck on.

Yes, great ride! :thumbs: No back row yet. Had to make sure I was going to be alright first.

I plan on doing more POVs. I need to justify the GoPro somehow. :lol:

And no, you won't see me on Wild Artic again.

Yep that was my bad, I shoul have PMed ya! I don't do twitter.

^ If you would prefer I'll PM you my plans as I usually know by the middle of the week where I'm going. Just making sure you didn't take the above the wrong way. :wave:

Went on wild arctic last weekend and it was absolutely brutal. I don't think there is anything around that could be worse for motion sickness. It probably would give body wars a run for its money.

Reactions: bobwadd
^ Yeah, I remember you saying that. It is to bad we didn't meet up. We'll have to meet at BGT again. Dianne says, "Hi :wave:" by the way.

^ Yeah, I remember you saying that. It is to bad we didn't meet up. We'll have to meet at BGT again. Dianne says, "Hi :wave:" by the way.

Tell Mrs "saint" I said hello as well :wave:
I am planning on BGT for at least one BBQ.... don't know about the Bands part, that (the Bands) would have gotten me back to Seaworld for sure.

Went on wild arctic last weekend and it was absolutely brutal. I don't think there is anything around that could be worse for motion sickness. It probably would give body wars a run for its money.

I can take pretty much anything (hello impromptu chiropractor appointment on Mean Streak), but I basically refuse to do the Wild Arctic sims as they are just unbearable.

I took a friend on manta the other day, he hates coasters and did not know that after you get strapped in manta it goes up into the flying position; when we walked up to manta we were immediately on, so he was not expecting anything lol

I took a friend on manta the other day, he hates coasters and did not know that after you get strapped in manta it goes up into the flying position; when we walked up to manta we were immediately on, so he was not expecting anything lol

LOL, and did he like it ?

A train stopped on a lift is a non incident. It always gets blown out of proportion by guests and the media. I remember on one of those "real video" shows where they take people video and sensationalize them the had video of people being walked down the lift on Steel Force at Dorney park. The train was only about halfway up the lift and the guests simply had to walk down stairs, but the show host was talking about terrorized guests having to climb down 200 feet (they were no where near the 200' mark on the ride) and the hayseed shooting the video is talking to his friends saying "there's a lawsuit right there". Oh no, they had to walk down stairs! I'm sure they'l have PTSD now...

If that happened to me I'd be losing my crap. I got stuck on the top of Kraken once and I seriously lost it. I don't think I've ever cursed that much in my life. At least with Kraken I was in a comfy position.
I've never been stuck on Any Ride except Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom and that was torture.
I Was walking right around before you pass under Manta lift and it just stopped. Nobody really said anything but the people on the ground were freaking out because it just completely stopped over us lol. I thought it was pretty cool. Heck we still tried to get in line for the ride.

I once was stuck on Manta for 30 to 40 min, but it was in the station, upon returning the train did not want to lower to unload position. In Kraken I haven stuck at the very bottom of the hill for 2
15-20 min, they actually had estopped the ride because some seatbelts were not checked properly, so no biggie, though they always have to call an engineer after an estop, so we just had to wait for engineering to come an restart the ride.