Kim Possible becoming Phineas and Ferb WS Adventure | Inside Universal Forums

Kim Possible becoming Phineas and Ferb WS Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Over at WDWMagic two posters have confirmed Kim Possible's theme will be changing to Phineas and Ferb World Showcase Adventure, and will include new effects and the game expanding to new countries.

She really wasn't. I'm pretty sure the show wasn't on by the time the game debuted.

Still, it was a success. This sould be even more of one, theoretically.

I love the idea and I'm glad it was a success. At least Phineas and Ferb does have a spy aspect to it, so they aren't really forcing it too much.

Glad they're at least keeping this updated and relevant. Phineas and Ferb is REALLY popular right now.

I am actually kind of disappointed by this. I think Kim Possible was the better series but I can see how it is "dated". Does anyone know when the change will be? I would like to do the KP one last time.

As much as I dislike P&F I know complaining about it would sound like a petty appeal to nostalgia (i.e. "the Disney spy show from my childhood is so much better than what the kids watch nowadays"). It makes financial sense and the game is meant to get kids interested in all the different countries and such. I'll sure miss KP though.

Glad they're at least keeping this updated and relevant. Phineas and Ferb is REALLY popular right now.

agree

I am actually kind of disappointed by this. I think Kim Possible was the better series but I can see how it is "dated". Does anyone know when the change will be? I would like to do the KP one last time.

I would say do it soon I'm sure they change can't take too long, but I don't know how far into adding the new effects and places they are

I love Kim Possible wholeheartedly. It was "the show" when I was growing up. But I think Phineas and Ferb is even better. Even my mom joins me when I watch the new episodes on saturday mornings. Changing it is really smart since PaF is insanely relevant and appeals to an even broader audience. I can't wait to try this out, but I do hope that I get a chance to try KP first.

As good as KP was, Phineas and Ferb should be able to make a more than worthy replacement. Excited to see they'll be expanding it too.

With the advent of Sorcerer's I think they knew they needed to update what they had to offer. Kim Possible is a dying I.P., so it only made sense to drop that theme and build new effects and a new story.

While the story may be new I imagine Disney will keep many of the same effects. It also appears that Disney is not expending into any new World Showcase pavilions. The ones mentioned in the official release are all the same countries from the Kim Possible game.

For the most part, They just need to either replace the phones, or more practically replace the animations... then replace certain elements (Germany would need to have an element replaced for sure)

From Disney Parks Blogs

‘Phineas and Ferb’ VIPs Tour Epcot as Imagineers Prep Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure​

Hey, where’s Perry? He’s at Epcot!

While the new Epcot attraction, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, won’t open until later this summer, three big talents behind the hit Disney Channel and Disney XD animated series got a sneak peek on Wednesday – along with Agent P himself! Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh are co-creators of “Phineas and Ferb” and actor Vincent Martella gives voice to Phineas Flynn. The trio toured World Showcase as Walt Disney Imagineering revealed some of the new attraction’s secrets – and then swore them to secrecy.

The game is based on the wily secret-agent alter-ego of Phineas and Ferb’s pet, Perry the Platypus. Transforming into secret agents, Epcot guests will use a F.O.N.E. (Field Operative Notification Equipment) to scour World Showcase for clues, evil “Inators” and – with a little bit of luck – help Agent P defeat his nemesis, Dr. Doofenschmirtz.

[video=youtube;6BwRVN9KCvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BwRVN9KCvM[/video]​

(Disclaimer: The statue of Dr. Doofenschmirtz you see at the end of the video was part of a Walt Disney Imagineering test, and was taken out before guests arrived for the day.)

Although Phineas and Ferb greet guests daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is the first time these characters have been part of an attraction at Walt Disney World Resort.

In addition to creating “Phineas and Ferb,” you can also hear Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh on episodes of the show. Dan writes and performs songs, as well as providing the voice of Dr. Doofenschmirtz. Swampy also writes songs and voices Major Monogram.

A great interview with Imagineer Jonathan Ackley about the coming Phineas and Ferb game:

[video=youtube;u_o41mN18n0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_o41mN18n0[/video]