Jurassic World | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only other movie/attraction promotion I remember Universal doing was when Brendon Fraiser visited Revenge of the Mummy to promote Tomb of the Dragon Emperor back in '08. They also put up ads for the movie in the gift shop (which I think is still there).

Yes the ads are still there on the exit ramp from the ride.

The only other movie/attraction promotion I remember Universal doing was when Brendon Fraiser visited Revenge of the Mummy to promote Tomb of the Dragon Emperor back in '08. They also put up ads for the movie in the gift shop (which I think is still there).

Last time I was there, most of them have come down. There are still a few stragglers left though, as well as an ad for the Mummy video game.

But I agree, what better way to hype a movie by adding an attraction! :lol:

At least once JP4 comes out, it will give Jurassic Park at IOA a boost in popularity. Or maybe UO will do something special with the Island?

Uni could refurbish the island add some small new things and then call it a theme park within a theme park! in all seriousness, They would have to take a gamble on how it would do to do anything new with IOA's land.. and then Hollywood would get jealous and want something for their ride too...

JP and Potter are the only screen based franchises in the park. The others are based more on their page source material visual styles.

Gotta call you out on that one, IOA is purely based on literature with cinematic elements. I can prove to you by saying the 3 Broomsticks in the movies was based off of the one they designed for WWoHP. The reason why people think it is based off of the movies is because they use the current actors portraying the characters as the visual expression of the book. But IOA and JKR have always intended it to be based off of the book, not the films, as highlighted by a lot of the foods they serve in the area as well.

JP is definitely more based on the film than the books, but its still based on the original literature it was written about.

Gotta call you out on that one, IOA is purely based on literature with cinematic elements. I can prove to you by saying the 3 Broomsticks in the movies was based off of the one they designed for WWoHP. The reason why people think it is based off of the movies is because they use the current actors portraying the characters as the visual expression of the book. But IOA and JKR have always intended it to be based off of the book, not the films, as highlighted by a lot of the foods they serve in the area as well.

JP is definitely more based on the film than the books, but its still based on the original literature it was written about.

Sorry, but I have to call you out even sooner.

They are based on elements featured in both forms, but you can argue all you want, but IOA is not soley literature elements.

Dudley Doright and all the other Rocky and Bullwinkle elements. IOA being books and Studios being movies is a cute thought, but not accurate and NEVER claimed by Universal.

If that were the case we could say the same for lots of other things at the studios. It just so happens that most of the best movie stories were books or comics first. Simpsons, Men in Black, Jaws..the list goes on and on.

IOA's overall theme is this..get ready for it. Adventure. Literature is just one of the many other mediums they tap into. Rocky and Bullwinkle and tons of other Jay Ward characters tossed into the park were tv cartoons and many never comic strips or series. Sinbad is just known as lore before it was ever made into movies.

Sorry dude, but it is all based on literature first regardless of whatever medium the characters and stories have shown up as well.

This is directly from IOA's website:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Amusement_Parks/Islands_of_Adventure/islands_of_adventure.aspx

Around every bend is another epic adventure. Around every corner awaits another once-in-a-lifetime thrill. Take an unforgettable journey through the uniquely themed islands of Universal’s Islands of Adventure®, where the world's most cutting edge rides, shows and interactive attractions bring your favorite stories, myths, cartoons, comic book heroes and children's tales to life.

Sorry dude, but it is all based on literature first regardless of whatever medium the characters and stories have shown up as well.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Amusement_Parks/Islands_of_Adventure/islands_of_adventure.aspx
I'm sorry, but nothing there states the park is purely based off literature. The fact that most of the areas in the park are related to books is coincidence. And also Lost Continent, Popeye, Dudley, Jurassic Park, and most of Harry Potter aren't based of books; but legends, cartoons, and movies. As Splatter said Islands of Adventure is based of Adventure in different lands different times, different worlds...

I give up :faint:

God forbid this line tells the whole story

interactive attractions bring your favorite stories, myths, cartoons, comic book heroes and children's tales to life.

Stories = Literature
Myths = Literature (look up The Odyssey and anything else related to Greek Mythology)
Cartoons = Literature - Comic strips (hence the name COMIC STRIP CAFE)
Comic Books = Literature (albeit not the best but its roots are on the pages)
Seuess = Literature to the 3rd degree

JP = Literature
Harry Potter = Literature

Do I need to keep going here? Yes the park is called Islands of Adventure, but when you read a book, its always an adventure hence why they picked the specific themes they did. They are ADVENTUROUS stories.

Last edited:
I don't see why you guys are so against the idea of the park being based off of literature, because it is. Your claim makes no sense because Popeye's cartoons or all of Suess' books are definetely not adventurous for the viewer. :lol:

Ok, you are free to consider it based on whatever medium you want and read that however you want, fact remains Dudley Do right and Rocky and Bullwinkle were soley cartoons. You posted 'purely literature' as well. That implies only. Animated Cartoons are not forms of literature. (unless you count scripts in that case really everything is) Also, pretty sure 1001 nights(where the Sinbad voyages came from) were spoken word lore (as most mythology was) before it was ever scribed.

Most great stories were forms of literature first. Film is a vast but really recent form of media.

IOA is a mix of everything they could expand on OTHER than just movies.

As far as JP goes... PR can deny things, that does not mean it is not going to happen. I am sure the odds that this was all a gag were good, but you never know. Companies don't release things until they decide they are ready. PR's job for those things is to say no until that time comes.

Last edited:
Ok, you are free to consider it based on whatever medium you want and read that however you want, fact remains Dudley Do right and Rocky and Bullwinkle were soley cartoons. You used the word purely as well. That implies only. Animated Cartoons are not forms of literature. (unless you count scripts in that case really everything is)
Yes, some individual aspects may be derived from sources other than literature, but the islands as a whole are not.

Yes, some individual aspects may be derived from sources other than literature, but the islands as a whole are not.

Exactly. It just so happens that most of the world's biggest tales that are not movies are literature in some form. The odds are against it. Again. Many of the studios attractions even has a basis in literature before they were movies. Good stories are good stories.

I also think you guys need to read more. John Hammond died in the book Jurassic Park.:rofl: Purely based on literature is not the term I would use.

Come on guys, can we please stop talking about what theme IOA is supposed to
be about? Take it the the PM if you want, so can please get back to topic?

Anyways, after Johnson is done with Captain Amerca, I hope this film will FINALLY start production and get a move on. I waited far too long for this film to happen.

Come on guys, can we please stop talking about what theme IOA is supposed to
be about? Take it the the PM if you want, so can please get back to topic?

Anyways, after Johnson is done with Captain Amerca, I hope this film will FINALLY start production and get a move on. I waited far too long for this film to happen.

You can wait, however I think the Jurrassic Park movies need to remain untouched UNLESS they bring everyone back from JP1 including Steven you know.

You can wait, however I think the Jurrassic Park movies need to remain untouched UNLESS they bring everyone back from JP1 including Steven you know.

I agree. I would rather it take two to three more years and be a great movie where everything and everyne is able to come together versus one someone thought was a fair enough script and passed it along.