Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 798 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking forward to those temporary walls coming down and people being able to walk up to the themed paddock walls. Surely it will happen before the ride itself opens, but probably won’t happen for awhile after my October trip. I remember it feeling like a bottleneck during my last trip.

Um, how do we feel about these walls?

The wall is a smart move.

JP atmosphere in the park has always been defined by winding pathways and an all-encompassing tunnel/canopy effect from the trees, which obscures sightlines and contributes to the feeling of being very far from anywhere else (apart from the FJ building lol).

With the walls, that sense of broken-up views and us being smaller than the big surrounding environment is preserved. We still get the visuals of the coaster and rockwork because they rise above, and will get the same kinetic energy in the area when the train appears above walls, and I'm sure we'll get more greenery around the walls too. The thing to avoid in JP is big, open spaces which kill the mysterious vibe. This achieves that.

Edit -- Plus big walls mean a big gate. Petition for ceremonial opening thusly featuring a dramatic TM / guest each morning:
bdecc3f92bb8836beed3ba367d69fc39.gif

Last edited:
I'm all for immersive theming but I also love scenic views of beautifully themed coasters, so if the most photogenic area of this ride is surrounded by concrete walls for the sake of movie accuracy I'll be kinda bummed.
I can't tell but it looks like some back of house stuff is covered by the walls

I will need to get used to them

I went to IOA briefly yesterday and was able to find my signature on the left-most beam.

I was very happy, as I wasn't expecting to be able to find it as fast I did (though my small binoculars helped) - I was also thinking they might have already covered it up. Nice of them to keep them visible, still - though for who knows how much longer. :)

The wall is a smart move.

JP atmosphere in the park has always been defined by winding pathways and an all-encompassing tunnel/canopy effect from the trees, which obscures sightlines and contributes to the feeling of being very far from anywhere else (apart from the FJ building lol).

With the walls, that sense of broken-up views and us being smaller than the big surrounding environment is preserved. We still get the visuals of the coaster and rockwork because they rise above, and will get the same kinetic energy in the area when the train appears above walls, and I'm sure we'll get more greenery around the walls too. The thing to avoid in JP is big, open spaces which kill the mysterious vibe. This achieves that.

Edit -- Plus big walls mean a big gate. Petition for ceremonial opening thusly featuring a dramatic TM / guest each morning:
bdecc3f92bb8836beed3ba367d69fc39.gif
I still prefer the fences from the first movie...But the walls make sense and add some dimension to the area

Reactions: DragonSlayer
Status
Not open for further replies.