June 21 Announcement | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

June 21 Announcement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think on paper it seems like a pretty lame announcement. However when you really boil it down, they are going to have a lot of work to do to switch all the logos all over the parks. Is is exciting news? No. I really do think it means they are going to keep moving forward and building onto what they already have though. They've updated much of the park and I believe one of the next steps for them is refreshing the rest of it. 

Reactions: 12th Man
My complaint is not that they announced a new logo, but they once again tricked their fans into thinking one thing and the one thing was something of theme park and or a newly announcedCityWalk addition. Everything in that video was already announced and or been advertised for quite sometime. No one is questioning whether or not they will add in the future, but they got the hopes up of their fans. I say this was not only a bad way to treat their fans but it was a terrible marketing move in general. 

You can do what Orlando did and just change your logo or you can make a BIG deal about a new logo and do a YouTube video highlighting nothing. 

I will not be fooled again.

My guesses/hopes for this expansion are:

-SLoP

-Nintendo invasion

-new Transformers facade 

-Diagon Alley

-RotM demolition

-Jurrasic Park/World updates to its attraction/expansion of the theme

-better place making, no more "studio" feel

-renovate the Starway somehow.. more modern/themed covering, new rails, paint, etc.

Really looking forward for what comes to fruition given this expansion :)  

Reactions: Ryan
I have a strange feeling that UC has been given the chance to finally let USH become the park it needs to be. But to me, these are all that i'm hoping for in the terms of the LL.

~Lower Lot getting new light in theming outside of a potential Nintendo and DWA land (I really, really, REALLY doubt that DA goes down to the LL)

~ Jurassic Park finally getting the changes it needs despretely. I don't care if it's retheming it to JW, I want the ride to preform like it was on opening day (Much like how they're treating The Incredible Hulk at UOR); even if it could be a Dual-Coast endeavor.

~ Nintendo being a focal point to the revitalization of the Lower Lot

~ A form of Mini-Land of a DWA IP (Excluding Shrek as it has it's place; it all really depends on what IP they use)

I really doubt that the studio aspect of the park leaves as it is integral to the parks history. The question that lies to me is on how the Studio Tour will be affected within the next five years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip Ride Rockit, or an outdoor coaster as such won't happen. It's still on the backlot and noise still needs to be kept to a minimum. (and the neighbors as well)

Pets is definitely still happening, but I'm also hoping the TF facade redo comes to fruition (I mean... I can't see why it wouldn't!), Nintendo for sure and a Jurassic Park redo as well. 

Oh! And a nice tucked-away new entrance for the Studio Tour.  ;)

The rest is up to NBC/Universal and Comcast... quite a bit just fell into their lap.

Ok, this is what I think happened - This is pure speculation.

1. Someone in Theme Park PR decided to make the expansion announcement on 6/21 to trump Disney's new hotel announcement.

2. One of the Theme Park executives overruled the PR guy and shut it down. (Why? Can't say. Maybe there were clearances and approvals they had to get that they didn't have yet. Maybe they didn't want to upstage the impending opening of Walking Dead. Or maybe just because it's not a good idea to announce a major expansion just prior to peak tourist season.)

3. Theme Park PR has already announced the announcement so they have to come up with something to announce. Tada! New logo!

4. Someone in Theme Park PR (who will soon be unemployed) forgot to shoot an email to Studio PR to let them know the announcement was being delayed.

5. Studio PR releases the information about their expansion and modernization plans to Variety, a motion picture industry trade paper. Remember, that's what the article was about, the studio redesign. The theme park is mentioned in passing, as it would have to be when two such entities are married together so closely. This was not an article about theme park expansion plans. 

So, now that the ball has been dropped, hopefully Theme Park PR will release a few more details about their expansion plans. But my guess is probably not for a couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, but they could always renege on the announcement. "We do apologize, but this announcement has been delayed, please stay tuned to our twitter account for more info, yadda yadda yadda..."

If there was something more intended, it had to be literally last minute.

This expansion could make Universal Studios Hollywood the flagship Universal park in the United States depending on what NBCUniversal decides to do. 

That's a pretty bold statement that puts a lot of faith in their efforts, which I'm 50/50 on so far. I haven't been to Orlando or any other Universal park but it would need a TON of new quality additions to deserve that title.

Maybe, but they could always renege on the announcement. "We do apologize, but this announcement has been delayed, please stay tuned to our twitter account for more info, yadda yadda yadda..."

If there was something more intended, it had to be literally last minute.

That's what I think as well. They pulled out at the very last moment.