Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
This is my favorite coaster in UO. I love the Hulk but was not impressed or happy about the retrack when I rode it in August. Very rough and too much head banging with those restraints. I try and ride RRR at least twice when I'm there. Beastie Boys is my jam!:whoo:

I saw on twitter yesterday that they have added "trim" brakes to the first drop recently. What purpose would those serve in that location? I don't even know what a trim brake is! :saywhat:

I saw on twitter yesterday that they have added "trim" brakes to the first drop recently. What purpose would those serve in that location? I don't even know what a trim brake is! :saywhat:
Wikipedia says: "Trim brakes are sections of brakes which are intended to adjust a train's speed during its course rather than bring the train to a complete stop. They may be engineered into a ride at its design stages at certain anticipated troubled spots, or later retrofitted once it is discovered that trains traverse certain areas at higher-than-anticipated speeds. Trim brakes are often either added for safety reasons, to lower g-forces in certain areas, or for maintenance/mechanical reasons, to lower the cost of wear-and-tear damage (especially on wooden roller coasters) caused by the trains traveling at faster than normal speeds. Usually, a proximity sensor precedes the trim brake in order to identify the current speed of the passing train. From this, the trim will then grab the train's brake fins to reduce the train's speed to that set by the control system."

So it's not a stop to make it a drop coaster I guess.

Should RRR get a retrack? I've been thinking that if they tear it down it won't comeback. The coaster fits with the area, it looks nice, people always head to it first because of the size, and it's actually not too bad. One of the more popular rides for sure. The track looks very worn, the queue is horrendous, and the ride is shacky. But the concept is good and it does look nice in general. I just can't stand to see track worn out and faded. I have this coaster on no limits 2 and I added a custom light package to it and looked amazing. The lighting is bad but it could be worked on. I feel like what this ride at adventurland did was genious and would up the rockit a lot.

Does anybody agree with a retrack? Or a totally new coaster?

Yup. I think people need to get the retracking ideas out their head after what happened to Hulk. Hulk was pretty unique in what happened.
From what I heard on the Hulk, a significant part of the reason for the retracking was due to deterioration of the supports & track in relation to its location on the lake and the water spray effects.

Reactions: JoeCamel
From what I heard on the Hulk, a significant part of the reason for the retracking was due to deterioration of the supports & track in relation to its location on the lake and the water spray effects.

From what I remember, a good chunk of the damage was done in the tunnel with the mist effect.

Makes you wonder if Sheikra will suffer the same fate with the splashdown.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wikipedia says: "Trim brakes are sections of brakes which are intended to adjust a train's speed during its course rather than bring the train to a complete stop. They may be engineered into a ride at its design stages at certain anticipated troubled spots, or later retrofitted once it is discovered that trains traverse certain areas at higher-than-anticipated speeds. Trim brakes are often either added for safety reasons, to lower g-forces in certain areas, or for maintenance/mechanical reasons, to lower the cost of wear-and-tear damage (especially on wooden roller coasters) caused by the trains traveling at faster than normal speeds. Usually, a proximity sensor precedes the trim brake in order to identify the current speed of the passing train. From this, the trim will then grab the train's brake fins to reduce the train's speed to that set by the control system."

So it's not a stop to make it a drop coaster I guess.
Just what this coaster needs... more breaks.

I hate this coaster because it has the most breaks I've ever experienced on a coaster. It's unusual design, from being crammed in between things, and for being shaped like a treble clef for no reason, and being forced through a building for showmanship over fun reasons, all lead to several breaking stations to regulate the speeds. So it's yay fun, stop! Oh, wee, stop! Whoa yea this gre- stop!

I know some people like it, but it seems very ill conceived to me, and seeing trim breaks added now, just shows it's actually getting worse.

Hasta!

Reactions: JoeCamel
Just what this coaster needs... more breaks.

I hate this coaster because it has the most breaks I've ever experienced on a coaster. It's unusual design, from being crammed in between things, and for being shaped like a treble clef for no reason, and being forced through a building for showmanship over fun reasons, all lead to several breaking stations to regulate the speeds. So it's yay fun, stop! Oh, wee, stop! Whoa yea this gre- stop!

I know some people like it, but it seems very ill conceived to me, and seeing trim breaks added now, just shows it's actually getting worse.

Hasta!

Indeed! The breakiest coaster ever. But the music, the load, and the ominous straight incline make it pretty okay. My kid starts running towards it every time we turn the DMMM corner and that incline is right there.

A retrack with a Gerstlauer design would be incredible...The could call it HRRR: Re-tracked...add all new music and I'd be a happy camper

The main part I hate on the ride is that crazy turn in front of the library and behind Fallon...eek