Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
roughest coaster we rode, hulk was second which was a shock. RRR is insanely rough like it feels unsafe haha we rode it once to say we had done it. Dragon challenge was a smooth as anything! nothing beat Mako however, like riding on silk!

I noticed today that Rockit has three trim brakes along the top of the drop.

UUYqeIx.png

I don't know what those are but I don't think they are trim brakes. The spine on that section of track is not low enough for calipers to be placed there. And the magnetic brakes don't look like that. It's something else.

They seem to be all down the drop now

Whoa, wonder how much those change the ride pacing... I've only ridden it 3 times, once in 2015, and twice on my trip last October. I remember enjoying it much more on the October 2015 trip than on the October 2016 trip (The 2015 ride was after quite a few drinks at HHN so that may have helped :cheers:). Last trip it just seemed much rougher. Not unbearable, but I'm guessing that's the reason behind all the new trim brakes.

My girlfriend loved it though... only reason there were 2 rides on the trip.

Reactions: Speed
They seem to be all down the drop now

:jaw: What the literal hell is this. It honestly looks retarded. What normal coaster has what looks like magnetic brakes going downhill. Looks like someone edited it as a joke. I feel like this is one of universals attempts at trying to put this thing together while it's falling apart. I rode it last year for the first time and felt like the car was going to fly off the track. This does not look normal which explains the rides description perfectly.

One of the nice things (IMO) about this coaster is the continuous load, like an omnimover. As the track wears, adjustments need to be made in order to keep it moving. Adding more trim brakes sucks, for sure, but this is the ride that they made.

And to answer the original question, i think this is a quite okay ride. Shaky and bumpy, but the music angle is great. Kickstart My Heart and Sabotage are my go-to's, and they are edited so they fit the climb perfectly. :) i like quite of few of the hidden tracks better, but they do not fit the ride profile at all.

That queue though, yeesh! Easily the worst one in UOR, so if we want to do this ride, it is always early. That queue video makes me question what we have done as a species! :p

Definitely popular and always has a minimum of a 20 min wait. And for a strange reason on top of guest satisfaction. Although when it comes to replace, I want Hollywood dream type coaster

Reactions: Scott W.