Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I hate to say it's a failure because I'm sure people do like the attraction, but for me it's a one-and-done. In certain seats it's uncomfortable, and the line is always long unless it's the morning. The music feature is kinda cool, but RRC at Hollywood Studios has done this far better. Music on a roller coaster isn't really enough to make a coaster good. This is one of my least favourite rides in The Studios next to Shrek. :/

Reactions: mainejeff
Regarding the look of the ride itself. I visited UOR the other week and I noticed that the track and supports look really faded and worn out. The suttle baby yellow on the supports, looks dry and almost bleached. As well as the actual track itself. Regarding the ride itself..... It's the only ride at universal Orlando that I'm too scared to ride. I'm judging based on looks, and it looks a little worn

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Since this thread has been revised because someone wanted to say that fright was the reason for not riding, can we have a referendum, a new vote, to see if Rockit is truly a Success or Failure? New poll! I wish we had more on here.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Since this thread has been revised because someone wanted to say that fright was the reason for not riding, can we have a referendum, a new vote, to see if Rockit is truly a Success or Failure? New poll! I wish we had more on here.

I can answer without a poll, you couldn't get me on this again with free drinks at Finnegans. I hate rides that beat me up. It takes too long to heal these days.

I can answer without a poll, you couldn't get me on this again with free drinks at Finnegans. I hate rides that beat me up. It takes too long to heal these days.

Yeeessssh. You sound like my parents! Maybe since Universal can contact B&M and rebuild it. After all, they wanted B&M to build it in the first place and Walter Bolliger replied, "We don't build rides that beat people up, we leave that to bully Vekoma"

Yeeessssh. You sound like my parents! Maybe since Universal can contact B&M and rebuild it. After all, they wanted B&M to build it in the first place and Walter Bolliger replied, "We don't build rides that beat people up, we leave that to bully Vekoma"

Most of the time I feel old enough to be someone's parent. I did every coaster in BGT in one day and it took a year to get my neck back. The pain is real, many get headaches from poorly designed restraints or worse. I know we should stay off the kid's rides but we like them too, just not in the shape we were when we were 25.

I think the germans are smart enough to engineer the hurt out of them, there are some coasters with good restraints that run as smooth as glass. HRRR is NOT one of them.

Reactions: Living_Bread
Most of the time I feel old enough to be someone's parent. I did every coaster in BGT in one day and it took a year to get my neck back. The pain is real, many get headaches from poorly designed restraints or worse. I know we should stay off the kid's rides but we like them too, just not in the shape we were when we were 25.

I think the germans are smart enough to engineer the hurt out of them, there are some coasters with good restraints that run as smooth as glass. HRRR is NOT one of them.

It takes a toll on my body, but it's more like a coaster hangover than long term pain, I did every coaster at BGT in one day and I felt dizzy all night, where I felt like I was still on the ride as I lay in bed.
It wasn't revised just cuz I said I was scared to ride it.
I was talking about someone else. You are very brave.

Reactions: JoeCamel
It takes a toll on my body, but it's more like a coaster hangover than long term pain, I did every coaster at BGT in one day and I felt dizzy all night, where I felt like I was still on the ride as I lay in bed.

I was talking about someone else. You are very brave.

I am not dismissing you but you list your age as 18 - 20 and that is pretty much indestructable. I am 62 and still like going fast but it takes a long time to recover. I like to find coasters that fly without beating on you. It takes a long time to recover when you get older. You will know in about 40 years. I love Rn'RC at DHS, it is smooth and the launch is great. Blacked out is always good. I did it 12 in a row one morning 4 years ago without ill effects. Manta is another that soars without hurting but RRR is just a pain.

Enjoy it while you can, time waits on no one.

I am not dismissing you but you list your age as 18 - 20 and that is pretty much indestructable. I am 62 and still like going fast but it takes a long time to recover. I like to find coasters that fly without beating on you. It takes a long time to recover when you get older. You will know in about 40 years. I love Rn'RC at DHS, it is smooth and the launch is great. Blacked out is always good. I did it 12 in a row one morning 4 years ago without ill effects. Manta is another that soars without hurting but RRR is just a pain.

Enjoy it while you can, time waits on no one.

I wonder just how long I'll be able to hold up even though I'm 18-20, because I've been riding coasters since I was tall enough to ride them. My issue is more with equilibrium than getting beat up. I can ride Hulk and Dueling Dragons fine but if I ride anything with inversions twice in a row, I get nauseated, especially in the heat. Rn'RC is actually a coaster I have to brace my self for because I bang my head on those horrible Vekoma restraints, Manta is another one that I am cautious about because the pretzel loop is probably the most intense element on any coaster I've ridden. Both rides I love, I just have to prepare for them more.

I wonder just how long I'll be able to hold up even though I'm 18-20, because I've been riding coasters since I was tall enough to ride them. My issue is more with equilibrium than getting beat up. I can ride Hulk and Dueling Dragons fine but if I ride anything with inversions twice in a row, I get nauseated, especially in the heat. Rn'RC is actually a coaster I have to brace my self for because I bang my head on those horrible Vekoma restraints, Manta is another one that I am cautious about because the pretzel loop is probably the most intense element on any coaster I've ridden. Both rides I love, I just have to prepare for them more.

If you are in reasonable shape and don't have a physically demanding job you are good into your 50's then it all goes downhill and you have to work at staying healthy and limber. Life spans are getting longer every year and many will live into their 90's or 100's. The quality of your life at that time depends on how beat up you are and how you work to maintain the tone you have.

My mother is 98 (reason I am in Florida) and lives alone in her apartment, walks without assistance and maintains her life as well as can be expected. Water exercise is her key.

I have spent my life in debauchery and drunkenness but I had fun. I am sure I will not see her age but for now give me a good ride and I am happy if it won't beat me up.

See you all in September and hope the scares are many, HRRR will not be a ride I will be on though. It needs to be removed IMO.