House of Horrors Replacement | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this becomes a sit down dining option again like Marvel Mania, I can imagine this area would once again be considered a park of Citywalk and no longer be an "inside the park" option.  Its a shame as I hoped the next evolution of this venue would have restructured the steps in front of the venue to allow for the street to be widened.  The main entrance needs more space. 

Reactions: bigclown94
I can't imagine it becoming a part of CityWalk. There's more than enough dining locations over there, on the opposite side. Universal has been on a roll of pretty decent ideas and projects recently,

I hope they don't louse this up with some moronic idea...

oh wait....we're losing an attraction for a non-attraction in a park lacking attractions. Too late.

My guess is that they may turn House of Horrors into a Fast and Furious restaurant and gift shop as a tie in for the new tour animation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see them doing a Monsters make-up show, a Monsters Cafe, and a store to replace it. Whatever they're putting in there, I suspect it's going to be a mere "quick-fix" to get rid of the hodge-podge theming before Potter opens. I think they'll eventually have a new attraction planned for that spot, but I think they're waiting until the main attraction opens before they're going to worry about that.

I'd rather have a gift shop/restaurant/walk-through tied into King Kong 360 3D....imagine walking through a jungle setting with creatures, skull island natives, and a photo op with Kong.
If only the fans were in charge of USH's future.

I think they'll eventually have a new attraction planned for that spot, but I think they're waiting until the main attraction opens before they're going to worry about that.
I hope your right.

I'm very disappointed with Universal right now, a new attraction in HOH , along with Springfield, and F&F would have been fantastic for 2015.

That's kinda what disappoints me. Something new doesn't always equal increased attraction count, which USH needs. Springfield is...well, dining. And F&F will be part of an existing attraction, the Studio Tour, unless they finally make an animations express tram.

I hope eventually they'll put in an attraction into that space...

I think there are going to be a lot of dining options in the park... if it is replaced with dining and shopping, it's going to be a huge waste of space... maybe if they theme it to the new King Kong movie that they are producing with Legendary....

I could see them doing a Monsters make-up show, a Monsters Cafe, and a store to replace it. Whatever they're putting in there, I suspect it's going to be a mere "quick-fix" to get rid of the hodge-podge theming before Potter opens.
Replace Monsters with Monsters? As awesome as they are, having a random Classic Universal Monsters attraction in the entrance of the park is still hodgepodge-y.

The park actually doesn't have a lot of food options. In fact, I probably wouldn't say that until after Springfield comes around. The loss of Hollywood Cantina, Cinnabon, Doc Brown's Chicken, and eventually Flintstones BBQ is the reason we received French Street Bistro, Palace Theatre Café, Starbucks, and Cinnabon 2.0. Don't wanna get off on a tangent, though. Haha.

I don't see why we need another dining option in the entrance plaza. With Hollywood Grill across the way and the Brews Brothers stand just after that, I don't care for food. I don't see the need for another store either, especially with Feature Presentation and Universal Studios Store next-door. Why take yet another attraction off the roster for food or merchandise?

Reactions: Aaron
I'd actually like for them to put another show in there, something on the level of the Horror-Makeup show in Orlando. Move the entrance of the building to the corner where Blues Brothers currently resides. It would keep the Classic Monsters in the park and somewhat get rid of the haphazard feeling of that front area. 

14577388900_ec0397e897_b.jpg

Reactions: Chris and William
I think scale the entrance a little back to the building; and make the sidewalk a little more wider on that side of the road with making that façade a new-York style theatre

theme with theming on the other walls with posters of old monster films on the ground portion of the walls. But that's just me.. it could work but I think the dining might happen; no-matter what; but i'd be surprised.