House of Horrors Replacement | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, but Special Events has monopoly over that venue. One could wish since a small children's ride in that area would make perfect sense alongside Despicable Me.
Since most new Resort hotels have space dedicated to special events, and with the proximity of the hotel they are building, how much longer will having a dedicated special events space be necessary?

Reactions: Alexshow.
^

This. This is actauly a really big thing that you are right, how long will it be until HHN stops having the Eyegore awards for Globe theatre. especially with the new hotels coming it brings a valid question on what will happen then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon is absolutely right about the Globe being a sacred money pit for Universal's private events. So that unfortunately won't be touched as far as I can guess. However, if it was up to me, this would be my plan for the front of the park, etc:

Have House of Horrors, Blues Brothers, and The Globe Theatre become space for one brand new family dark ride.

Replace Shrek with a brand new but smaller and more intimate version of Special Effects Stage or another "demonstration of Hollywood magic" type of show, and theme it to an Art Deco New York Theatre to blend in with Universal Plaza and NY Street. Keep the interior as a lavish theatre, and have the queue be filled with props and costumes, almost like a mini Universal Experience. And during the night or for Special Events, this new theatre can be used for shows for HHN or corporate or private special events.

And with the Castle Theatre no longer having the current SES, have it replaced by a new attraction, as shown on the Expansion Plan.

That's what I'd do, and I think it's a fantastic well rounded idea. But I'm not in charge, am I? ;)

Bottom line is....if House of Horrors is replaced by anything other than an attraction or something well themed and immersive, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

But if Universal DOES want to turn the Globe into part of a new attraction, Universal can temporarily use The Castle Theatre for special events until proper space is constructed with the new hotels.

Reactions: Aaron and Alexshow.
may I ask, was I wrong about the photoland as I wasn't sure if that was true of it closing too. But I think there are many venues for special events (SES stage, ETC) that can replace what The globe theatre is now.

may I ask, was I wrong about the photoland as I wasn't sure if that was true of it closing too. But I think there are many venues for special events (SES stage, ETC) that can replace what The globe theatre is now.
As Jon and I have mentioned, House of Horrors is the only thing "rumored" to be permanently closing, but depending on how extensive the plans for the new replacement attraction/new space might be, obviously Photoland and Blues Brother's original stage will be easily removable as well if need be. But not as of now. If any new info comes out, we'll let it be known.

Reactions: Alexshow.
But I think there are many venues for special events (SES stage, ETC) that can replace what The globe theatre is now.
The Globe is the only indoor space that's flexible enough to cater to Special Events. Everything else you mentioned has limitations that can't be overcome, such as static seating or stage positions. The Globe can be turned into a show venue, dining area, or themed indoor location. The Castle Theatre can do some of those things, but not all.

As for the planned hotels, that's a good point, but I'm sure they're placing a premium on the fact that the Globe is located within the theme park itself.

Reactions: ReliveTheAdventure
^ All very true, but I'm sure if absolutely need be, the Globe can be sacrificed for a new attraction as long as the Castle Theatre can be a temporary Special Events replacement. It's also in the park, gonna be next to Springfield, it's a huge space and I'm sure if need be, the plain bleacher seats can be taken out for more room. As a temporary special events venue, the Castle Theatre could work.

But holy crap, let's all cross our fingers this signifies that we're getting another new attraction. I'm not holding my breathe, but that'd be fantastic to have another family ride in time for Potter!

A ride like Spaghetti Chase/ET would be....gahhh oh my god I wanna see that...

I highly, HIGHLY doubt this would be turned into attraction space. If I had to guess, this is Universal making their front entryway a little bit more presentable and studious for Potter.

Or maybe they're installing a third grab-n-go because we totally need more of those in the park.

I have a final prediction... I think the shop/retail is true But.. first off there will be a new façade. Two, I

think the retail shop would be the larger thing in the building selling Universal merch but themed to the

golden age of film.. The Restraunt will be a Sitdown with Universal

movie props (Films like ET, Mummy, Jurassic Park, DM, ETC..) and the restraunt will also be a

character dining option for early access guests to start they're day. I also think the NBCUniversal

Experience will be closed right after Grinchmas until the new stuff up front is done and then the

NBCUniversal Experience becomes a new Preview center for future additions like

Potter and there will be a version

of that model that was shown last year. They will also preview new expriences, shops, all that on the

options for the park.

They should put this... 

BB_vert_1_tcm13-4550.jpg

or this... 

6265208081_edfd00f997_z.jpg

I was hoping for the NBCU Experience to move up here, but I can also understand that the venue has been a dining option in the past and can accomodate a food venue easily.  However, Frank N' Steins was a complete flop before Amazing Pictures took the venue.  I don't see why this needs to become a food venue again unless it goes back to a Citywalk venue like Marvel Mania.  Hmm...

I like that HOH is leaving.  Bad placement and old Universal era.  This maze offered very little in quality.

I was hoping for a limited run 50th anniversary museum.  That could be something very cool!

Reactions: Aaron
If they replace this with another grab-n-go, I will start wondering if there's a bong in one of the offices of the higher ups. A Monsters Cafe and make-up show would be a great replacement for that venue. They could even have a new show where Shrek is and then have a new ride where the SES theater is eventually.

Replace Shrek with a brand new but smaller and more intimate version of Special Effects Stage or another "demonstration of Hollywood magic" type of show, and theme it to an Art Deco New York Theatre to blend in with Universal Plaza and NY Street. Keep the interior as a lavish theatre, and have the queue be filled with props and costumes, almost like a mini Universal Experience. And during the night or for Special Events, this new theatre can be used for shows for HHN or corporate or private special events.
I LOVE this idea.

Reactions: Aaron
BREAKING NEWS: House of Horrors will officially close September 1st (My birthday)! It will run again throughout HHN for Face Off, but after closing night of the event, we'll have to put this in the vaults. This is straight from the actors who worked it.

I've been hearing that this will be replaced with retail and dining.
Unfortunately your right on this one. It's said that it will be replaced with a new dining, retail and entertainment. this sounds like a return similar to the marvel themed dining experience they had previously.

Unfortunate, hopefully what the Food/dining comes, it will be good and.... is it just me or will they might use that for Potter return ticket distribution in HOH's Extended line?

It would be very smart for Universal to at least carve out a theater here but y'know, that doesn't make them money sooooooo it's not happening.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts