Horror Movies Thread | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All the chucky films are great, especially the main franchise because the team has never changed. It's always been Don Mancini, no franchise can claim that kind of dedication

As for the remake. Mark Hamil was the only one that could pull it off. I was content. BUT I still want Chucky to acknowledge the movie existed because it'd be hilarious

I absolutely love that this is happening, but that director... Oof. I'm going to temper my expectations for now, huge downgrade from the Radio Silence team. He's directed such films as: Insidious: The Last Key, Escape Room/Escape Room 2 and The Taking of Deborah Logan. Hope it's still good

I absolutely love that this is happening, but that director... Oof. I'm going to temper my expectations for now, huge downgrade from the Radio Silence team. He's directed such films as: Insidious: The Last Key, Escape Room/Escape Room 2 and The Taking of Deborah Logan. Hope it's still good

Psyched for a sequel to this gem.

Not really my choice, Deborah Logan was great but Insidious 4 and the Escape Rooms were whatever and didn't really have the wit you want in a ready or not sequel. Curious who's writing/starring though.

Not really my choice, Deborah Logan was great but Insidious 4 and the Escape Rooms were whatever and didn't really have the wit you want in a ready or not sequel. Curious who's writing/starring though.
Yeah I think the writing matters way more here than director choice tbh. Obviously a great horror director like James Wan would be great, but I feel like if they bring back the same writing team I’d (or at least a strong team), I’ll have a more positive outlook that a solid sequel can be turned in.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Fwiw Abigail is directed by the Ready or Not team and looks great

So I got a chance to watch Late Night With The Devil and I was really not as impressed with it as I hoped I’d be.

I found the lead actor’s performance to be the best thing about the movie, besides that it just fell flat for me. The tone went from an interesting story to music video style avant nonsense, which is where it really lost me.

I applaud them on an original concept though.

So I got a chance to watch Late Night With The Devil and I was really not as impressed with it as I hoped I’d be.

I found the lead actor’s performance to be the best thing about the movie, besides that it just fell flat for me. The tone went from an interesting story to music video style avant nonsense, which is where it really lost me.

I applaud them on an original concept though.
Have you seen “the cleansing hour”?

Similar concept but done in a less aspirational manner but might be more up your alley. Spends less time trying to be snooty and more time trying to be entertaining

Have you seen “the cleansing hour”?

Similar concept but done in a less aspirational manner but might be more up your alley. Spends less time trying to be snooty and more time trying to be entertaining

I have seen The Cleansing Hour and I liked it but didn’t love it, Ghostwatch otoh is an all time favorite for me so I appreciated the aspects of Late Night With The Devil that reminded me of that movie.

I waited until it was Easter to watch Immaculate. Seemed to be an appropriate day to watch nuns get tortured and killed. It was a lot of fun (well, if you're into that sort of thing, haha), and great to be surrounded by an audience of fellow heretics :lol:

I finally caught up with infamous cult favorite PIECES (1982) a few days ago. It's a pretty wild one! Utterly nonsensical... and undeniably entertaining. It makes no attempt to hide its status as sleaze. Ridiculous kills? Check. Gratuitous nudity? Check. Perverted, weirdo killer backstory and M.O.? Check. Some terrific gore (the title is appropriate!) and terrible dubbing only add to the effect. You will know within a couple of minutes of the movie’s start whether or not this is your type of thing, and if it is, the picture delivers. Its final moment is a jaw-dropper.

"Bastard! Bastard! Bassssstaaaarrddd!!!!" And that music on the tennis court... it's a pretty wild movie for a variety of reasons :lol:

It's also strange that the guy who played the groundskeeper was also Bluto in the movie Popeye (1980) just two years before.

Reactions: belloq87