Horror Movies Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe a stupid question but with the new movie coming out, is the Omen series worth watching? For whatever reason in my head it's just an Exorcist knock off even though I know nothing about the timing of releases and everything. I should probably actually figure out if it is :)

Maybe a stupid question but with the new movie coming out, is the Omen series worth watching? For whatever reason in my head it's just an Exorcist knock off even though I know nothing about the timing of releases and everything. I should probably actually figure out if it is :)
They kinda are Exorcist knockoffs lol, but they're a lot of fun. They got ridiculous and pulpy in a big way. As the series goes on, they basically become Final Destination-ish slashers.

The first one is absolutely worth watching. It's less an Exorcist knock off than it is Biblical fan fic (Left Behind before Left Behind, if you will). Gregory Peck is great in it, as a bonus.

I enjoy both the original Omen & the 2006 remake. I can hear people gasp already lol

Definitely watch it. Either version, I recommend both because I'm weird.

I also love the two different cuts of the Exorcist prequel. As far as I'm concerned, the only Exorcist sequel is the TV series lol

THE OMEN (1976) is a minor classic and absolutely worth seeing. Well-made from top to bottom.

DAMIEN: OMEN II (1978) is schlock, but fun!

THE FINAL CONFLICT (1981) is very bad and anticlimactic as a trilogy-ender.

All three have incredible Jerry Goldsmith scores that are still influencing horror scores to this day.

Actually, I'm going to (briefly) loop back to this, because this isn't the kind of exchange that should be happening on here. There wasn't even an attempt at a real conversation - no discussion of your perspective or opposing views, like belloq offered. Just dismissive hostility. Cut it out.
0CB54782-2556-45DC-A3AC-F3EBDB70C611.gif
This one shot from the new movie has me wanting to see it. First one is great. All the rest are cheap slashers 2B4E59EC-BD93-46AF-898E-1A46FC3A1F36.jpeg

Sorry that photo only has 8 pixels

Might be past the time but I truly do think it's disheartening that so many people are putting up a wall against an indie, low budget horror film that was clearly made with an ample amount of love, heart and passion over three images that appear for less than 10-20 seconds in the entire film.

You can say you have this hard, rigid stance against AI use as if the monoliths of the industry aren't going to use (they already have started to) so picking up the pitchforks against a tiny ass movie in comparison seems so thoughtless. AI that prevents art from being made is awful but I don't see how this is anywhere close to that.

And I sure hope those saying they have a taut line against AI use keep up that fight and no longer take in any MCU/Disney properties after that AI intro for Secret Invasion, a project that was made much more recently and with however many times the budget as Late Night with the Devil.

Might be past the time but I truly do think it's disheartening that so many people are putting up a wall against an indie, low budget horror film that was clearly made with an ample amount of love, heart and passion over three images that appear for less than 10-20 seconds in the entire film.

You can say you have this hard, rigid stance against AI use as if the monoliths of the industry aren't going to use (they already have started to) so picking up the pitchforks against a tiny ass movie in comparison seems so thoughtless. AI that prevents art from being made is awful but I don't see how this is anywhere close to that.

And I sure hope those saying they have a taut line against AI use keep up that fight and no longer take in any MCU/Disney properties after that AI intro for Secret Invasion, a project that was made much more recently and with however many times the budget as Late Night with the Devil.
Twitter and other social sites have no room for nuance. All opinions must be binary and hard line. Didn’t see this level of vitriol for secret invasion when that was the whole title sequence made by a billion dollar company.

That binary way of thinking is starting to seep into other places now too. Bummer.

over three images that appear for less than 10-20 seconds in the entire film.

I'm sorry but I don't care if it's an indie film, there's no excuse. If we make excuses now, it's just going to keep going and it'll get worse. It's already starting to get worse. I'm glad people are protesting/speaking up, if we keep doing this everytime a project uses AI we can make a difference by telling these studios that it isn't ok and make them lose money so they don't continue doing it.

A little off topic but the film industry is a business. They try to cut costs and save money any chance they get to make more bucks elsewhere, at every level (believe me.) Budget and artists’ passions should never be an excuse for anything they do.

Twitter and other social sites have no room for nuance. All opinions must be binary and hard line. Didn’t see this level of vitriol for secret invasion when that was the whole title sequence made by a billion dollar company.

That binary way of thinking is starting to seep into other places now too. Bummer.

It just irks me because this is clearly just a flare up with an easy target. It's a small, indie horror flick that not many people would have cared about in the first place so of course it's easy targeting. And this movie flopping isn't going to do a damn thing to stop the big studios from using AI and you are absolutely a fool if you believe otherwise.

Does anyone think that maybe if they support this lower budget flick, maybe someone would give filmmakers like them MORE money so they wouldn't have to scrimp budgets?

Nah, of course not. I'll boycott this indie movie while I'm pre-ordering my Avengers 7 tickets and watching something on Disney+, of course! Those guys are total artists' dreams that support EVERY level of filmmaking, right? Right?

Just saying, if you want to light the match with Late Night with the Devil, keep that same energy for probably every big budget thing coming your way for the end of time from now on.

It just irks me because this is clearly just a flare up with an easy target. It's a small, indie horror flick that not many people would have cared about in the first place so of course it's easy targeting. And this movie flopping isn't going to do a damn thing to stop the big studios from using AI and you are absolutely a fool if you believe otherwise.
Isn't it possible that the people posting on this forum (I don't know, nor particularly care about what's happening on Twitter) are simply saying what they believe? And that whether or not this round of complaint leads to anything, they're doing what they think is right?

No, avoiding an indie film because it doesn't measure up to my standards isn't going to stop expansionist practices of multi-national corporations. But that's not really why I'm doing it. It's not activism — it's just not messing with a piece of art that runs afoul of my sensibilities.

I have no reason to believe this film couldn't have been made without the assistance of AI. And even if I did feel that way, it wouldn't change my decision on whether to support the film financially.
Just saying, if you want to light the match with Late Night with the Devil, keep that same energy for probably every big budget thing coming your way for the end of time from now on.
I mean, that's the plan! When small businesses commit wage theft, I think it stinks out loud. You don't have to work for a large corporation to do something crummy; and having less money than Bob Iger doesn't make you immune from criticism.

If someone wants to boycott the film, refuse to watch it, whatever it may be, go for it. All the power to you. I'm still gonna watch Late Night With The Devil. I don't care about this whole controversy.
They won't lol

Does anyone think that maybe if they support this lower budget flick, maybe someone would give filmmakers like them MORE money so they wouldn't have to scrimp budgets?

Nah, of course not. I'll boycott this indie movie while I'm pre-ordering my Avengers 7 tickets and watching something on Disney+, of course! Those guys are total artists' dreams that support EVERY level of filmmaking, right? Right?

It's funny because I responded to your last posting actually responding to your arguments and yet you're still posting the same ramblings and got nothing of nuance to say besides "it's an indie movie so who cares!" basically. You're just being really ignorant so I won't bother anymore, see the movie don't see the movie I don't really freaking care. But don't get mad at people who are calling the film out for its AI usage and aren't seeing it now. You're acting like a fool.

Reactions: Jake S