Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a ton of investment in a short period of time, especially in USF alone.
This is a better discussion for another thread, but my argument is not that they haven't done anything in USF.

My argument is that even with that investment, I still think the park has significant shortcomings that need to be addressed.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
This is a better discussion for another thread, but my argument is not that they haven't done anything in USF.

My argument is that even with that investment, I still think the park has significant shortcomings that need to be addressed.
They are addressing them, but that takes time and money. Universal can't fix the park in a year, or even ten years. But they're significantly increasing family and entertainment offerings, replacing Rockit with something better, and potentially adding two or three rides with Pokemon (only replacing arguably the worst ride in the park). Does the park need more additions? Definitely. But this is a lot for a short timeframe.

Universal can't fix the park in a year, or even ten years.
I'm not saying it can be "fixed" in a year. But this is already roughly year six that I've had this opinion of the park, and no steps have yet been taken in the direction that I'd like to see the park go (which is to even slightly re-balance the roster of attractions away from screen-intensive stuff and towards more physical attractions).
potentially adding two or three rides with Pokemon.
fc94439d-5374-4831-8e89-74b2e5461839_text.gif

There's USF the park in terms of its offerings, and then there's a separate discussion of the actual "park" environment itself... which outside Diagon/NY leaves a lot to be desired. Filled with a lot of asphalt and randomly plopped attractions with no cohesion to the newer era of the park that focuses on being in the movies, not creating them.

I don't think Rockit is that terrible of an attraction, but Universal has now proven they are capable of creating way better experiences.

Hey, that's ok! Technically, I only see the park having 1 indoor coaster and one dark ride with coaster elements. However, news flash, most and I mean like 90 percent of all indoor coasters have stop and go sections scenes and "stuff". They are usually indoors to have a controlled environment to actually tell a story. Sorry if you don't want more out of your experience lol :p :cool::yum. Besides, Mummy is regarded as one of the best indoor coasters in the world, regarding pacing, storytelling and roller coaster sections.
It isn't that I don't like an indoor coaster, I am saying a park is better with both because they are different experiences. There is a huge difference between Mummy and VC. They are totally different experiences which is a GOOD thing. I am looking for variety so I think it is good thing to have outdoor coasters in each park.

I'm not a great fan of outdoors unthemed coasters in 'theme parks'. Generally, I like them better as an indoors theme coaster. But it's good to have one, or two, outdoors for the kinetic energy they supply to the park. Hopefully they have at least minimal theme.

Reactions: Nico and belloq87
It isn't that I don't like an indoor coaster, I am saying a park is better with both because they are different experiences. There is a huge difference between Mummy and VC. They are totally different experiences which is a GOOD thing. I am looking for variety so I think it is good thing to have outdoor coasters in each park.
This is How I look at US Orlando vs the rest of the universal parks across the world. Universal Studios orlando decided that they wanted to build a resort and on a resort if you have the same things in the same parks then what's the point of having different parks. They decided to not infiltrate the studios with huge coasters and lots of thrill rides and went and built a park specifically for that. IOA is for the big outdoor coasters, the fantastic atmosphere and the thrills. The studios is for the realism of locations, the place to experience the movies and the attractions all can enjoy (well mostly all). Again, I was confused with the inclusion of rockit. First, from a stand point of it looking out of place and from a thematic level. It just never made sense to me and always felt out of place. It basically ruined the "studio" aspect for me with all the screaming.

Meanwhile I love the placement of hulk and VC over at islands! I feel they really do fit into that park well and fall in line to what the park caters to, high thrills and loads of fun. I am all about preserving that element of each park and giving people more reason to go and visit each one. Epic seems to be a love child of both US and IOA where it does have so thrills but they are not as jarring. So, while universal orlando resort does off variety, I feel they should keep it within it's respective park(s)

Could they instead put in a more tame coaster like the Wolfman one in Epic ?

The land constraints are so tight still in Studios

I feel like whatever F&F coaster goes in the HRRR will have to deal with the same limited footprint. I wonder how they'll compensate for the wind tunnel issue.

Reactions: Ahmanet

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts