Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's other spots to do that though. This plot is the only place in the park a coaster can go.

Agreed, another thing to keep in mind is the coaster is tucked away in that particular spot. I don't foresee any food/beverage spot working well as it wouldn't draw people over.

Let’s hit it (with a bulldozer)..HASTA!

(I will miss this contraption for sentimental reasons, but man I’m excited at the idea of a new coaster going in its place)

Same, while I think I've fared better with this coaster than others, I'm totally down for replacing this with a much better coaster, which would give all three parks a true headliner coaster.

Kinda late to the party here on the discussion, but the rumor of this closing next year sounds about right. Hulk was about 15/16 years old when they retracked it. Dragons was about 17 years old when they axed it for Hagrid’s. Now the ride has reached a point in its lifespan to where it’s time to either retrack it or axe it. There is no chance in hades they will retrack it so R.I.P. Ride Rock-It.

Gonna be real, I kinda like Rock-It. I think it’s a pretty fun ride! This is coming from someone who is a little more critical of rough roller coasters. It’s not a perfect ride, but I enjoyed almost every ride I’ve been on that thing. I won’t be upset over its removal as I’m confident the next coaster that replaces it will likely be better, but Rock-It has become somewhat iconic with that lift tower. I wonder if F&F will have any iconic elements for that ride. Eh, it was fun while it lasted, but I’ll miss being able to blast Judas Priest’s Painkiller on that ride during HHN. \m/

I do want to point out that with Rock-It likely leaving next year, that frees up the Ghostbusters firehouse again. Once you get rid of that piece of coaster track behind that facade, you can put a nice dark ride in that plot of land. With that gone, they can get started on building a Ghostbusters ride. Just saying.

I'm betting the new station will be at the far end near Fallon and the Tribute Store, probably taking down the facades and the extra building back there in the process. Maybe the coaster could weave inside Gramercy Park and around the Fallon building to give it some extra room? Better than just having a long straightaway on the outward and return run.

Reactions: Ahmanet
There's other spots to do that though. This plot is the only place in the park a coaster can go.

Absolutely not happening. They just built a whole land around Minion Mayhem. It's here to stay.
Agreed, you don't re-theme an area to then 2 years later close down one of the rides. Also, they are trying to balance the park better and that is a good kid ride that appeals to others. My kids actually like it better than the new one.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico
Ok, I may be a debby downer but I don't think Universal STUDIOS needs to be known for coasters or have a headliner coaster. I don't see it as a park to have a skyline of rides and coasters. I am not saying it should not have coasters at all as I love the current line up but I would like more of that. More coasters that are indoors and stick to an aesthetically pleasing studio design. Outdoor sections, sure! More barebones coasters, I'd rather not see.

Ok, I may be a debby downer but I don't think Universal STUDIOS needs to be known for coasters or have a headliner coaster. I don't see it as a park to have a skyline of rides and coasters. I am not saying it should not have coasters at all as I love the current line up but I would like more of that. More coasters that are indoors and stick to an aesthetically pleasing studio design. Outdoor sections, sure! More barebones coasters, I'd rather not see.
I disagree. I think each park needs a thrill coaster outside and a family one outside. There is a difference between inside and outside. The inside ones at Uni don't fully feel like coasters. They stop and have scenes and stuff.

Reactions: mccgavin
I worry Fallon is too recent of an addition to be booted for a Ghostbusters coaster, but it'd be hard to argue that that wouldn't be an incredible upgrade to both Fallon and HRRR combined. As well as lift the general vibes for that New York section. Would be a really cool thing to see the ECTO-1 soaring through the skyline and would rep the nostalgic and movie-centric identity of USF much better than either HRRR or F&F would.

If I had to listen to the Ghostbusters theme song on a roller coaster, I would simply not go on the roller coaster. Sorry to constantly be the Ghostbusters heel, but that's how I feel!
Full respect for this take! I am not one of them, but there are countless who are just tired of that Ray Parker Jr. theme being brought back every October like clockwork. But I think one of the key strengths of Ghostbusters as a property is it's soundscape!

The official Elmer Bernstein score and main theme is one of my favorites, goofy yet restrained like the comedy of the first film, with some jazzy elements to rep NYC and some spookier elements to rep the ghosts, it's wonderful imo and would work great as area and queue music! They continue to utilize these motifs and themes into the scores through to Frozen Empire as well which is really awesome to see.

The ECTO-1 alarm and Proton Pack sound effects are also pretty iconic, and got me pretty pumped up when they were played back during the opening ceremony for HHN29.

Hearing these revving up as you climb that HRRR lift hill would probably make me go absolutely feral haha! :lmao:

Last edited:
If I had to listen to the Ghostbusters theme song on a roller coaster, I would simply not go on the roller coaster. Sorry to constantly be the Ghostbusters heel, but that's how I feel!
Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

So is it expected the entrance stays the same here? Or is that moving if it’s F&F? I could seem the former Blue Man Group building being torn down and using that area for queue space and load station.

The current area utilized by Rockit's Treble Clef is big enough to support a queue/station complex like Velocicoaster with multiple levels.

They can easily use the Metropolis facade for entry queue (Fallon would need to adjust their queue/entry just a tad, there's a door they don't use for entry). Would prevent them from touching their beloved SS 33 for private events. Can easily see a coaster "shoot out" into that vacant parking lot between the HE & Soundstages before traveling back and through Rockit's current occupied area.

I'm hoping they avoid going near the BMG/Hard Rock area to prevent them from building out a new park entrance/entrance hotel/CityWalk expansion in the future. (Would love to see Universal create a similar hotel to the Beijing one (albeit smaller and more spread out to prevent a massive tower from dominating the entrance lol).

Reactions: Jones14