Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Plus, it seems like the only place they would have the space for a thrill coaster in USF would be the exact spot HRRR is in right now.
There’s theoretically room especially once Simpsons goes, but where HRRR is the most obvious spot for a thrill coaster.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I’d also argue that USF already has 2 family coasters in Gringotts and Mummy, so there isnt really a need for another one.

While coaster enthusiasts would consider Mummy a 'family coaster', Universal has always pushed it as a thrill ride and it's viewed as much by a lot of if not most general guests. So you could make the argument, but it isn't at all the same from an image standpoint as what Hagrid is viewed as. And there are other areas such a thrill coaster could go. Universal has been very good at utilizing limited space for a while now.

Honestly, I'd almost like to see something close to Universal Japan's Hollywood Dream Coaster, but launched with some good inversions. Running the park boarder around Backlot/Celebrity Circle, maybe a nice element just over the Citywalk Lagoon. Now, that's just bluesky talk for me.

Last edited:
There’s theoretically room especially once Simpsons goes, but where HRRR is the most obvious spot for a thrill coaster.
I think The Simpsons plot and maybe the current spring tents will be where that rumored Pokemon attraction will go. Plus, logistically I think a thrill coaster would not really be feasible in that back corner of the park as it butts up against those apartments and the residents would not take kindly to screaming.

I think The Simpsons plot and maybe the current spring tents will be where that rumored Pokemon attraction will go. Plus, logistically I think a thrill coaster would not really be feasible in that back corner of the park as it butts up against those apartments and the residents would not take kindly to screaming.
A soundproofing wall would always be an option similar to the one in IOA at the back of Hagrid that was originally there for DD.

A soundproofing wall would always be an option similar to the one in IOA at the back of Hagrid that was originally there for DD.
I believe someone said earlier on this thread that they could see maybe a family level coaster on par with Hagrid's go in that back area of the park. I think that would be a more likely option than a thrill coaster for that area considering the aforementioned apartments would put a limit on how tall any hypothetical coaster could be.

After everything USH is doing for the FF coaster to make sure noise levels are in check, I wouldn’t think it would be too much of an issue if they are motivated enough.

While coaster enthusiasts would consider Mummy a 'family coaster', Universal has always pushed it as a thrill ride and it's viewed as much by a lot of if not most general guests. So you could make the argument, but it isn't at all the same from an image standpoint as what Hagrid is viewed as. And there are other areas such a thrill coaster could go. Universal has been very good at utilizing limited space for a while now.

Honestly, I'd almost like to see something close to Universal Japan's Hollywood Dream Coaster, but launched with some good inversions. Running the park boarder around Backlot/Celebrity Circle, maybe a nice element just over the Citywalk Lagoon. Now, that's just bluesky talk for me.
My son won't go on Mummy or Gringotts. He has gone on many coasters, but those are too scary being inside and the themes of them. So I agree I don't consider Mummy as a family coaster.

This ride will only be 15 years old this summer , thought it was lot older ... it didn't age well

Will the F&F coaster in Hollywood have two tracks so can have actual NOS enabled racing ?

This ride will only be 15 years old this summer , thought it was lot older ... it didn't age well

Will the F&F coaster in Hollywood have two tracks so can have actual NOS enabled racing ?
Here is the most recent video rendering of what the coaster will likely be like. There will be one track only for the ride vehicles. Am very interested how they will convert this coaster to the plot of land HRRR is in now.

Squeezing in Veloci-Coaster into JP wasn't enough of a challenge ... lets build a coaster on a Hollywood hillside !!

If Orlando gets a version , would using the current show building make more sense than HRRR ?

Squeezing in Veloci-Coaster into JP wasn't enough of a challenge ... lets build a coaster on a Hollywood hillside !!

If Orlando gets a version , would using the current show building make more sense than HRRR ?
Do you mean the Supercharged building? Not happening, there's no room for it to make its way to the HRRR plot (I used to work for the company and trust me, there's no room on the backstage for it).

Do you mean the Supercharged building? Not happening, there's no room for it to make its way to the HRRR plot (I used to work for the company and trust me, there's no room on the backstage for it).
This is good to have confirmed. I always wondered.

I agree with what others have said, each Universal park should have 1 headliner thrill coaster.
It's interesting, if the a coaster switches it station to New York, near the old Ghostbusters fire house entrance... maybe the coaster could be themed to Ecto1?
Tomfoolery said it's going to be F&F. He hasn't been wrong on anything yet.

Has anyone ridden time traveler in Silver Dollar City? I got to ride this twice this past weekend and I have to say it is extremely trippy to spin down a steep hill and upside down. It is very unique and a cool experience. If they bring that to Studios I would be very happy!

Reactions: mccgavin
Has anyone ridden time traveler in Silver Dollar City? I got to ride this twice this past weekend and I have to say it is extremely trippy to spin down a steep hill and upside down. It is very unique and a cool experience. If they bring that to Studios I would be very happy!
The first drop on time traveler in the back row is honestly one of the most intense drops I’ve been on, and it’s only like 95 feet or something like that. That spin is also uncontrolled, and I’d think this one would be more controlled however all they would really need to do to mimic the feel is turn the car to the side during the fall.

Reactions: mccgavin
The first drop on time traveler in the back row is honestly one of the most intense drops I’ve been on, and it’s only like 95 feet or something like that. That spin is also uncontrolled, and I’d think this one would be more controlled however all they would really need to do to mimic the feel is turn the car to the side during the fall.
Yep, sideways down a hill is pretty freaky, I almost swore when I hit that hill sideways. So even controlled would be fine.

Reactions: Ahmanet and tyro