Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The general public likes RRR. Internet coaster fans hate RRR. I'm betting that if Universal does a minor theming change, with the same track layout as now, but renames it Fast & Furious, that those same RRR haters will say, "wow, sounds like a great coaster. Can't wait." ;) :lol:
As a tourist we always rode HRRR at least once. Dare I say a priority!

Reactions: Mad Dog
For what it’s worth, I’ve made it a tradition to ride this at night whenever I visit during HHN. Mostly due to the fact that express is always a walk on during HHN, when it’s normally a 20-30 minute wait during the day. (And I’m not waiting that long for it)

For what it’s worth, I’ve made it a tradition to ride this at night whenever I visit during HHN. Mostly due to the fact that express is always a walk on during HHN, when it’s normally a 20-30 minute wait during the day. (And I’m not waiting that long for it)

I was so happy to see they've reworked the merge point/queue so that express (and standby) no longer have to do that super long switchback on the loading platform. Made getting rides infinitely more convenient and efficient.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nico
Assuming they do decide to go forward with a land after HRRR departs, I would assume the hypothetical options on where to place a successor thrill level coast would be either the MIB/FFL plots or the spring tent area behind MIB. I also wonder if another option would be for USF to concede the thrill level coasters to IOA and EU.

Assuming they do decide to go forward with a land after HRRR departs, I would assume the hypothetical options on where to place a successor thrill level coast would be either the MIB/FFL plots or the spring tent area behind MIB. I also wonder if another option would be for USF to concede the thrill level coasters to IOA and EU.
I'd rather see Universal gut the Supercharged show-building and build a high thrill-level coaster with the indoor and outdoor elements that many have suggested. It would keep F&F, one of Universal's biggest franchises, at USF while also eliminating a mediocre attraction.

If MIB/FFL/Springfield ever gets replaced with immersive lands, I doubt there will be a coaster that is high-thrill. Maybe something similar to Hagrid's, but that's about it.

HRRR being re-themed to F&F is a mistake imo. If that's even a real idea proposed by Creative, of course. At this point, I think Universal needs to either give it a major overhaul or tear it down. A light re-theme ain't gonna cut it.

I'd rather see Universal gut the Supercharged show-building and build a high thrill-level coaster with the indoor and outdoor elements that many have suggested. It would keep F&F, one of Universal's biggest franchises, at USF while also eliminating a mediocre attraction.

If MIB/FFL/Springfield ever gets replaced with immersive lands, I doubt there will be a coaster that is high-thrill. Maybe something similar to Hagrid's, but that's about it.

HRRR being re-themed to F&F is a mistake imo. If that's even a real idea proposed by Creative, of course. At this point, I think Universal needs to either give it a major overhaul or tear it down. A light re-theme ain't gonna cut it.
They can't use the Supercharged building for an outdoor coaster. Hogwarts Express, Health Services, and employee facilities (including a brand new building they're constructing right now) are directly around and behind it. There simply isn't enough room.

I doubt they can place a tall coaster there, there are neighborhoods directly behind it. Maybe if they build a giant wall similarly to Hagrids?

Last edited:

They can't use the Supercharged building for an outdoor coaster, Hogwarts Express, Health Services, and employee facilities (including a brand new building they're constructing right now) are directly around and behind it. There simply isn't enough room.

I doubt they can place a tall coaster there, there are neighborhoods directly behind it. Maybe if they build a giant wall similarly to Hagrids?
I would rather see the MIB/FFL/Simpsons plots be used for medium to large scale dark rides. It seems like the only option for a high thrill coaster if Universal Orlando leadership wants USF to have one would to be in the exact spot HRRR is now.

They can't use the Supercharged building for an outdoor coaster, Hogwarts Express, Health Services, and employee facilities (including a brand new building they're constructing right now) are directly around and behind it. There simply isn't enough room.

Wow, I legit forgot all of that was back there lmao. Had no clue another building was under construction in that area.

A wall similar to Hagrid's could work, but yeah, I don't see a tall/high-thrill coaster being built on the FFL/MIB plot because of those apartments.
I would rather see the MIB/FFL/Simpsons plots be used for medium to large scale dark rides. It seems like the only option for a high thrill coaster if Universal Orlando leadership wants USF to have one would to be in the exact spot HRRR is now.
And even then, that spot isn't great.

Wow, I legit forgot all of that was back there lmao. Had no clue another building was under construction in that area.

A wall similar to Hagrid's could work, but yeah, I don't see a tall/high-thrill coaster being built on the FFL/MIB plot because of those apartments.

And even then, that spot isn't great.
This is why I would be fine with the HRRR spot and soundstages becoming a themed land and IOA and EU getting the thrill coasters. Orlando's blessing of space means the soon to be three parks can get different types of rides.

RRR being re-themed to F&F is just bizarre to me. Is Universal not considering a Hulk-type revamp at all?
I think it makes sense considering some clues of the rides future:
  • Universal clearly isn’t interested in paying as much in music licensing anymore, we’re down to 5 on the regular song selection. This is the strongest evidence towards a re-theme/replacement.
  • The new F&F coaster in Hollywood is likely to be very lightly themed besides maybe the station and queue. With some modification to the current queue and station layout it wouldn’t be hard to add theming to these portions of the experience.
  • The ride has become an icon of the resort and seems to do alright in surveys, for better or worse. I don’t think a total replacement is a likely option for these reasons.
  • Supercharged seems to be a known weak spot in the resort, replacements are likely being considered. Moving the F&F IP to the Rockit to breathe new life into the attraction would free up the Supercharged plot for a new attraction.
Again, this is all speculation on my part, but I think all of these factors make a re-theme plausible.

A little while ago I measured both the Mummy and Supercharged buildings on Google Earth and the square footage is very close. If they got creative Universal could gut Supercharged and build an indoor coaster with the F&F IP in the same spot. If they can somehow manage to make a hypothetical indoor coaster in the Supercharged plot thrill level, allowing them to tear down HRRR, what would become of the space? I was hoping that it could become park expansion at USF, but at least at this point in time Universal has no apparent interest in tearing down the soundstages in the spot.

Because those Soundstages still get used for different things, also, demoshing them would also eliminate 4 house locations for HHN. Where exactly would you like to put 4 houses? Unless you'd like the event to decrease the house count from 10 to 6 like the 90s.

Getting rid of Rockit won't do anything other than decrease ride count. It's an awful coaster, but it was their attempt at doing Japan's "Hollywood Dream".

Gutting Supercharged for a coaster would be great, but then you'd literally have 3 indoor coasters in a row: Mummy, Supercharged, & Gringotts

Reactions: Michael S
A little while ago I measured both the Mummy and Supercharged buildings on Google Earth and the square footage is very close. If they got creative Universal could gut Supercharged and build an indoor coaster with the F&F IP in the same spot. If they can somehow manage to make a hypothetical indoor coaster in the Supercharged plot thrill level, allowing them to tear down HRRR, what would become of the space? I was hoping that it could become park expansion at USF, but at least at this point in time Universal has no apparent interest in tearing down the soundstages in the spot.

I can see Universal wanting to replace a thrilling coaster with another thrill coaster but what if the actual replacement is in a different location and the HRRR replacement is something more family friendly? That would fit with the front of the park better, open up access to the old Nick SS, and removes the ugly coaster portions near CityWalk.

I can see Universal wanting to replace a thrilling coaster with another thrill coaster but what if the actual replacement is in a different location and the HRRR replacement is something more family friendly? That would fit with the front of the park better, open up access to the old Nick SS, and removes the ugly coaster portions near CityWalk.
That's another good option. USF could use another family coaster slotted above the Troll coaster on the thrill scale. But what other location could they stick another outdoor thrill coaster in? The only place I can think of at the top go my head would be the area behind the Simpsons and MIB.