Headwear Policy on River Adventure | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Headwear Policy on River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is actually something Universal has started cracking down on at some attractions quite vigorously. I would guess some of it is due to the video posted earlier in the thread of stupid people entering ride tracks to get their hats. But it may also involve the risk of a loose article hitting someone else or possibly getting caught on a ride vehicle. Either way, I agree that lockers should be present for any ride with that kind of risk.

This is actually something Universal has started cracking down on at some attractions quite vigorously. I would guess some of it is due to the video posted earlier in the thread of stupid people entering ride tracks to get their hats. But it may also involve the risk of a loose article hitting someone else or possibly getting caught on a ride vehicle. Either way, I agree that lockers should be present for any ride with that kind of risk.

Busch has been cracking down on rides as well, if they see a phone on you it has to go in a locker or their bins on the other side of the loading area.

Haha oh my gosh! When I was down in October, I rode a boat that was fairly full. Two people had hats on, they came on and said to the man sitting in row four to take his hat off before we went through the Arch, he did it and no problem. Then they asked the man in row one to kindly take the hat off, he totally ignores them. We go for a little while and they politely ask for him to take the hat off for the second time and that our ride may come to a stop if he doesn't, of course he doesn't. They ask him for a third time, nope! Then finally before the drop they stopped us and asked the guy TWO times to take it off and then finally everyone on the boat yelled SIR TAKE YOUR HATE OFF!!!! Then the old man looked around like an idiot and finally took it off!

It was kind of annoying to hear that announcement a few times...but I still enjoyed the ride nonetheless!

Busch has been cracking down on rides as well, if they see a phone on you it has to go in a locker or their bins on the other side of the loading area.

Haha this also happened to me, I was going to enter Cheetah and they saw my phone in my hand and told me I needed to go put it in a locker, I wore my coaster shorts that day which have a pocket with a zipper and I showed the guy but unfortunately I couldn't even get in line! I just gave it to my mom who wasn't riding.

Oh about a week ago a phone came about a foot away from hitting me on the head as I walked under that first big pretzel hill thing on Cheetah Hunt. I'm perfectly okay with them enforcing the lockers, but I think it should be free it you HAVE to do it. Forcing someone to pay 50 cents for a locker is like charging to use the bathroom. I think every ride should have the bunk thing they do at Sheikra.

I have actually caught a hat as it flew off a person on the drop on Dueling Dragons and at the end of the ride gave it back to the person. They tried to tip me :lol:

Oh about a week ago a phone came about a foot away from hitting me on the head as I walked under that first big pretzel hill thing on Cheetah Hunt. I'm perfectly okay with them enforcing the lockers, but I think it should be free it you HAVE to do it. Forcing someone to pay 50 cents for a locker is like charging to use the bathroom. I think every ride should have the bunk thing they do at Sheikra.

On rides where lockers are necessary, they are free (for a certain amount of time relating to the crowds that day). On JP, lockers are NOT necessary, so they have an upcharge. However, it clearly states that all loose articles including hats and sunglasses have to be secure, so this particular employee felt the need to enforce that rule extra strictly. There's no reason he shouldn't have, maybe he was new and thought it was a big deal, who knows.

On rides where lockers are necessary, they are free (for a certain amount of time relating to the crowds that day). On JP, lockers are NOT necessary, so they have an upcharge. However, it clearly states that all loose articles including hats and sunglasses have to be secure, so this particular employee felt the need to enforce that rule extra strictly. There's no reason he shouldn't have, maybe he was new and thought it was a big deal, who knows.

I had no problem with the enforcement with the rule. Just wondered why it only applied to me. :lol: Probably was the Dolphin hat...

I have actually caught a hat as it flew off a person on the drop on Dueling Dragons and at the end of the ride gave it back to the person. They tried to tip me :lol:

My niece was in the row behind me on JPRA and caught my hat, when I forgot it was on, after I couldn't react fast enough to grab it during the drop.
She handed it back to me at the bottom where I told her she was now my favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha this also happened to me, I was going to enter Cheetah and they saw my phone in my hand and told me I needed to go put it in a locker, I wore my coaster shorts that day which have a pocket with a zipper and I showed the guy but unfortunately I couldn't even get in line! I just gave it to my mom who wasn't riding.

The ride ops had said people have been posting pictures of themselves on the ride, hence the crack down.
I make sure its in my pocket before I get near the entrance, and velcroed.

I was referring to Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens in my post, where lockers are not free. And on the page before I stated the specifics on the cost of JP lockers too.

Happened to me this past October !st time ever. i always have a cap on and never took it off before on JP but the guy yelled at me on the loudspeaker like I was a jerk. It was when the boat was up the hill. Mind you I hold my hat on most rides (like the coasters i always just hold it in my hand). Not to be too whiney complainy but I have cancer and I was going through chemo this year so I wasnt supposed to be in a lot of sun ( so I went to Fl lol ) I dont see why I couldnt wear my hat while I floated around looking at the dinos. Im not dumb enough to leave it on when the drop is coming. But noone said anything when we got on and it was just weird and was actually the only thing that made me aggrivated the whole trip that some guy literally was yelling at me. would not bother me if it was just a please remove your hat for the ride when I was boarding, but it was done rudely and I only rode once this year because of it.

Hey Guys. :wave: Long time lurker here. I have also been working at JPRA for a few months now so I thought I could explain. They really started cracking down on the hats around the time I was hired. From what they said, it was mainly a safety concern. Basically hats flying back and hitting other guests and what not. It was really stressed that no one was going down that drop with a hat on. However, we've lightened up again on it recently, just a bit. And sorry about those cranky game warden. They're not all that bad. :p

I remember on my most recent ride on JPRA, a nice Titleist hat flew off a man's head as we were falling down the ramp. I can understand why a Team Member would be critical at a person, because they want the guest to be responsible for their belongings and if their stuff is gone, there stuff is gone. I always were a hat at a theme park, and I always sit on or hold my hat so it doesn't fly away on a ride. I've had a brother lose a Mets hat on the Medusa coaster at Six Flags in NJ and never got it back.

I do feel sorry for BriMan that a team member yelled at him, but it is only for the safety of others and to ensure a good experience at the park, because nobody wants to be crying after losing a hat at the parks.

Because this is JP related I wonder if the hat lost thing has something to do with this "Grant's hat" curse? Grant lost his hat in JP and again in JP3 except Billy found it.