HBO's The Last of Us | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's The Last of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Troy Baker just recently posted a TikTok of himself in a mocap suit. He basically said he was filming something but didn’t have lines.
I mean... I wouldn't ready anything into that if you are insinuating that means a Part 3. He does so much... although I guess for him not to have lines, his talent would basically be going to waste.

TLOU 3 has been rumored for awhile and they've said they won't make one unless they find the right story. I can't imagine Druckmann has the time right now to write a story with his time on the show (unless Playstation mandates he be at the helm). TLOU: Factions is likely coming out in June and I can see a Part 3 announcement this year if it's happening. Considering a typical 3.5-4 year development tie for AAA titles, we'd likely see the game around the same time we saw TLOU and Part 1 and 2 - at the end of the current generation consoles lifespan.

With the average lifespan of a console gen being roughly 7-8 years, the PS6 should be coming out in either 2027 or 2028. 2027 would be the earliest i'd expect a game (like TLOU) developed now to release and crazy as it is, games starting development now are already being developed with the PS6 and next-gen Xbox in mind. I imagine that TLOU: Factions co-directors Vinit Agarwal and Anthony Newman would direct the third game?

I think it works and let’s not act like this season doesn’t work for non-gamers.

I have not played the game and this is one the best shows I've ever watched. The finale was great, and would be just as great if there was not a season two. Much like the original Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead it does not have to give you closure. That's the whole point.

Reactions: Jake S and Nick
Wanted to share this now that the whole show is out. Well worth a watch when you have some time:

I have not played the game and this is one the best shows I've ever watched. The finale was great, and would be just as great if there was not a season two. Much like the original Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead it does not have to give you closure. That's the whole point.
Yeah, this show never pretended to hold your hand or to babysit you. This was a show written and aimed at an adult audience with the expectation that they are smart enough to understand the implied without an exposition dump like we've been seeing in Mando S3. It's very similar to another genre show like Andor.

Last edited:
Like where do Joel and Ellie fit with Tommy town? Find out in season 2 but lets be honest season 2 has more then enough to get people to come back, would have been cool to see more. I used my example of GOT as what I prefer as well. The Big event happening and an episode as an epilogue afterwards.

GoT S1 ends with the remaining Westeros main characters preparing for war (either for battle like Rob or as a victim like Sansa), and the lost princess losing her tribe but birthing baby dragons. It's multiple cliffhangers.

TLoU S1 ends
with the main characters returning to the sanctuary of the brother's village, the threat of the fireflies--the season's Big Bad, tho technically we didn't learn that until this episode--neutralized. As far as Joel and Elle know, they're about to live happily ever after.
Obviously we know narratively that will never work, but it's a moment of closure for the characters. (With just that seed of doubt planted.)

GoT S1 ends with the remaining Westeros main characters preparing for war (either for battle like Rob or as a victim like Sansa), and the lost princess losing her tribe but birthing baby dragons. It's multiple cliffhangers.

TLoU S1 ends
with the main characters returning to the sanctuary of the brother's village, the threat of the fireflies--the season's Big Bad, tho technically we didn't learn that until this episode--neutralized. As far as Joel and Elle know, they're about to live happily ever after.
Obviously we know narratively that will never work, but it's a moment of closure for the characters. (With just that seed of doubt planted.)
Yeah, this could’ve been a miniseries, ended like that still, and I’d be fine with it because of how good the show was as a whole and what you said above about the ending.

Reactions: SeventyOne

TLoU S1 ends
Like I said a few post backs all the exciting parts of GOT ending is in episode 9 and then 10 is kinda either teing up the effects of that or setting up for season 2.

If people love this ending cool, I think its fine but not in my top endings of a show. I once again just like when shows do the Big thing in one episode and follow it up afterwards...I feel its part of the reason GOT finale kinda sucks. You still have big events happening and then only 20ish mins to wrap it all up when it should have been an entire episode. Just my two cents on what I prefer story telling wise

Reactions: SeventyOne
Like I said a few post backs all the exciting parts of GOT ending is in episode 9 and then 10 is kinda either teing up the effects of that or setting up for season 2.

If people love this ending cool, I think its fine but not in my top endings of a show. I once again just like when shows do the Big thing in one episode and follow it up afterwards...I feel its part of the reason GOT finale kinda sucks. You still have big events happening and then only 20ish mins to wrap it all up when it should have been an entire episode. Just my two cents on what I prefer story telling wise
I personally think too much more in this episode and we’re just stretching it out for the sake of making a longer episode, not making the better end product.

Yeah, the game was not fun to play....I'm hoping I can get though the TV show and it will help that I won't have to do stupid mini missions inbetween the story...it should all be just story in the series.

(i also wish the new version of the game cut the semi open world stuff out...so maybe I would be the story but the game has too much filler and Last of us was never a "fun" game to play...so wish they made a shorter game version for people like me who just want the story)

I don't think I'm emotionally or psychologically ready for a season of R-rated television based on this video game.
If it’s true Part Two will be split between S2 & S3, this should be extremely good. The Part Two story is too big for one season imo and there’s a natural stopping point.

Yeah, the game was not fun to play....I'm hoping I can get though the TV show and it will help that I won't have to do stupid mini missions inbetween the story...it should all be just story in the series.

(i also wish the new version of the game cut the semi open world stuff out...so maybe I would be the story but the game has too much filler and Last of us was never a "fun" game to play...so wish they made a shorter game version for people like me who just want the story)
Nah, you’re insane for that take. This game was bonkers fun, while also being extremely bleak.

I think the gameplay is fun but if I had read (for example) The Road before the movie came out, I don't think I'd have seen the film. There's only so much recreational sadness I can take at my advanced age.

If it’s true Part Two will be split between S2 & S3, this should be extremely good. The Part Two story is too big for one season imo and there’s a natural stopping point.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's turned into 3 seasons. There's so much in Part 2 to cover that even 2 seasons doesn't seem like enough. I just hope they execute it properly regardless if it's 2 or 3 seasons... Going to be tough

Reactions: Nick
I think the gameplay is fun but if I had read (for example) The Road before the movie came out, I don't think I'd have seen the film. There's only so much recreational sadness I can take at my advanced age.
That’s why I added “while also being extremely bleak” ;)

It’s a post-apocalyptic game that I think they showed the true, harsh realities of and based on S1 I have all the faith in them to get Part 2’s tone right.

I think splitting TLOU2 into 2 seasons is a great move, and like has been mentioned, it has a great point to end S2 on.

But boy oh boy, I hope Dever knows what she's in for here.