Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Slaughter Sinema 2 has been rumored for a long time. I think it’s a very solid lead.

The first one was a parody of 80s slasher films. A sequel could explore another horror period.
I’d be happy with more 80s.

Not sure what other decode of horror had a vibe that matched the decade that hasn’t been done before (50s vibe with Bugs!) or that is ripe for cheesy 80s-appropriate parody posters/concepts…

HHN SPECULATION = C H A O S
world of warcraft laugh GIF

Nope. Based on the rumored description of the creatures, it 1) doesn’t seem like something Universal has done before and 2) doesn’t have to be black and white but for some reason is.

Just accept that it’s a black and white original and embrace the unknown.
I think we might be in for a real treat here.

And unrelated, but as stated before, there seem to be 3 dark comedy houses this year (Ghostbusters, Sweet Revenge and Slaughter Sinema 2). That along with the rock concert theme on the shirt is making me start to wonder if we might be seeing another 80's year.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think we might be in for a real treat here.

And unrelated, but as stated before, there seem to be 3 dark comedy houses this year (Ghostbusters, Sweet Revenge and Slaughter Sinema 2). That along with the rock concert theme on the shirt is making me start to wonder if we might be seeing another 80's year.
I think only slaughter Sinema is going to go the comedy route for originals. Sweet Revenge is supposed to be campy scary like Wicked Growth

Reactions: Ahmanet
How likely is it for a surprise tomorrow with the big Universal announcement dump? With Ghostbusters rumored for the parade, tribute store, etc, is it possible they’ll tack on the ghostbusters house with all the other ghostbusters stuff?

Don't get your hopes up for HHN stuff tomorrow...
Oh I’m definitely not, I know it’s a long shot. However, it would make a little sense to include a ghostbusters house with other ghostbusters things. I’m not counting on it though.

How likely is it for a surprise tomorrow with the big Universal announcement dump? With Ghostbusters rumored for the parade, tribute store, etc, is it possible they’ll tack on the ghostbusters house with all the other ghostbusters stuff?
I would say they have to get the summer announcements out of the way first, then wait a bit then maybe an HHN announcement or at least a teaser later on.

I’d be happy with more 80s.

Not sure what other decode of horror had a vibe that matched the decade that hasn’t been done before (50s vibe with Bugs!) or that is ripe for cheesy 80s-appropriate parody posters/concepts…

70's era had a lot of good stuff for creative influence/ideas. . Squirm, Piranha, The Food of the Gods, Legend of Boggy Creek, SSSSSSSSSSSS, Empire of the Ants, Trilogy of Terror, The Hills have Eyes, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Amityville horror, Assault on Precinct 13, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. And many more!

Since we're likely not getting Weeknd, at this point I really wouldn't be surprised if we only get Ghostbusters in June, then a full dump in July.

Actually, this just hit me, while yes the house will likely be Hollywood exclusive, do we know if the zone (whether it's based off him or he's just creating music for) is also exclusive?

Last edited:
Nope. Based on the rumored description of the creatures, it 1) doesn’t seem like something Universal has done before and 2) doesn’t have to be black and white but for some reason is.

Just accept that it’s a black and white original and embrace the unknown.
Steamboat Willie, book it.

• Haha
Reactions: Grits0808
As someone who only started going to HHN in 2019, I'm definitely excited about the possibility of Slaughter Sinema 2 since I never saw the OG and I've always heard all the love for it!

Bummed The Weeknd is only rumored for Hollywood. Figured odds were low since he was just at the event, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get my hopes up a tiny bit

What are the odds of the monsters house and black & white house being one in the same, even if they're currently listed separately on the spec map?
I saw someone a page or two ago mention it possibly being like Dead Exposure sans zombies, so I tried looking up a Youtube vid of DE. lol. Should've guessed by the convo about it being super dark that a video would be 0% useful for context

Reactions: GA-MBIT