Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could the rumoured black and White House be another Dead Exposure house? Been a few years since the last one. Kinda hope not to be honest, as didn’t enjoy the last one at all. Spent most of the time lost trying to figure out the path forward, which took away from the scares. Appreciate many did enjoy the house, just wasn’t for me.

Could the rumoured black and White House be another Dead Exposure house? Been a few years since the last one. Kinda hope not to be honest, as didn’t enjoy the last one at all. Spent most of the time lost trying to figure out the path forward, which took away from the scares. Appreciate many did enjoy the house, just wasn’t for me.
I hope not. This is usually my HHN hot take, but Dead Exposure is overrated. Strobes are not scary.

I hope not. This is usually my HHN hot take, but Dead Exposure is overrated. Strobes are not scary.
staring dwayne johnson GIF

Finding the path forward is sometimes my biggest actual Scare. From blundering almost into a wall in Scarecrow to having to have an unusually helpful Michael Myers point the way with his knife for me and the guy in front of me a couple years ago, I generate my own fear.

And for the record, I'm very Pro Dead Exposure

Slaughter Sinema 2, Sweet Revenge house, and Ghostbusters works just fine for me. It would be a shame to waste an original in F&F and they do need a second live show, but that's a darn appealing chunk of the line up.
Yeah, but that's three "dark comedy" houses. (I expect a Major Sweets house to be a gore-fest but ultimately tongue-in-cheek, it's a Wonka pastiche.) That's a lot of comedy.

Unrelated, Dead Exposure is one of the greatest and most historically important HHN houses ever created. The sequel didn't wow me but happy to see the creative team try this again. As B&W houses go, the event is two for three. Done well, the effect is striking and disorienting.

Yeah, but that's three "dark comedy" houses. (I expect a Major Sweets house to be a gore-fest but ultimately tongue-in-cheek, it's a Wonka pastiche.) That's a lot of comedy.

Unrelated, Dead Exposure is one of the greatest and most historically important HHN houses ever created. The sequel didn't wow me but happy to see the creative team try this again. As B&W houses go, the event is two for three. Done well, the effect is striking and disorienting.
I never got to see either Dead Exposure house. Slaughter Sinema is my favorite house of all time and a Major Sweets house would probably be a lot of fun. Regardless of what IP’s materialize those originals would a great lineup for me. We all know it’s about the originals anyway.

Reactions: JunoSynth
It’s not Dead Exposure. It may feel like it, but it’s not a zombie house.
As long as we can actually see I’m down for it. I was never really a fan of DEPZ tbh. I was always to worried of running into something. Not knowing what way to go is great but that was also to dark. Unlike Nighringales: BP, HoTC, phantom room in UM, etc. where you could see but also couldn’t tell the way.

Reactions: Drummanmatt
Interesting lineup for sure. Not incredibly hyped for any specific thing but I trust the HHN team to pull off great work with each of these.

No second show is an interesting development, but not gonna lose sleep over Harold and Kumar. Always just seemed like too close of a concept to Bill and Ted, with less fun characters imo.

Slaughter 2 sounds like a banger, but I'll save my hype until it's announced. Not getting my hopes up too high.

I'm honestly fine with an original going into FnF. It's such a strange and restrictive space that I think giving the team as much creative freedom as possible is better than the alternative. Chucky felt like it was executive mandated in multiple ways and was the worst FnF house; The Black Phone seemed to have a ton of freedom and was one of my favorites of all time. We'll see how it goes.

I love the idea for a black and White House but I really hope it’s not all strobes like dead exposure. Especially when the black and white gimmick can be really cool without it, I mean just look at the tribute store last year and how knotts did it with the grimoire for a few rooms

Interesting lineup for sure. Not incredibly hyped for any specific thing but I trust the HHN team to pull off great work with each of these.

No second show is an interesting development, but not gonna lose sleep over Harold and Kumar. Always just seemed like too close of a concept to Bill and Ted, with less fun characters imo.

Slaughter 2 sounds like a banger, but I'll save my hype until it's announced. Not getting my hopes up too high.

I'm honestly fine with an original going into FnF. It's such a strange and restrictive space that I think giving the team as much creative freedom as possible is better than the alternative. Chucky felt like it was executive mandated in multiple ways and was the worst FnF house; The Black Phone seemed to have a ton of freedom and was one of my favorites of all time. We'll see how it goes.
Slaughter Sinema 2 has been rumored for a long time. I think it’s a very solid lead.

The first one was a parody of 80s slasher films. A sequel could explore another horror period.