Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stellar year for Tribute Stores. The Jurassic one is very popular and you could argue should stay throughout the year... But they also don't want to miss out on Stranger Things/Last of Us merchandise. Ideally, in a sort of blue sky way, if ST's entrance is over at the soundstages, the NY Tribute store converts into just Stranger Things using 2 rooms only, leaving the other ones open for the Mummy queue (which they need) and then use the Hollywood location for an overall HHN store.
Will they really need the Mummy queue in September/October though?

Also only two headliner IPs. I'd think Exorcist would earn a top spot if it were still coming (or a full Blumhouse house).

Three announcement video characters, three announcements. Exorcist next. Chucky/Monsters being bunched in with originals? I could see it. Especially since Chucky already got an announcement video.

I'm still hoping and praying that we don't get exorcist. Lol. Anything else...... we'll see, but I really hope not

@Tbad556 just beat me to it, but yeah if true, this might be the first zone for Orlando that was inspired by a Singapore original?

Either way, Dejiki has some great pics to give you an idea of what they did over there. Bunch of interesting costumes of the Zodiacs which look a tad cumbersome to move around in.

Dark Zodiac scare zone at Halloween Horror Nights 10

I'm interested to see what happens! I would LOVE to see them keep Jurassic around for HHN.

Wow this is really weird and freaky. Really crazy costumes. Thank you for the heads up.
I hope we get big stages

I'm mostly excited for Oddfellow. Will this be a prequel that shows us what leads up to Jack or is this Oddfellows return? Would Jack, Chance, or Eddie be involved in some way or is it all Oddfellow? Either way, I'm looking forward to it all.

Reactions: ReelJustice
The whole Oddfellow thing is really exciting. I love, love, love Jack. Anything related to him or his story is fine by me. I know some of you don't want to see him again for a while, but I'd love it if he were back with this somehow.

I'm thrilled by the announcement and the FFP. I knew there would likely be another price hike.. but damn. That one hurt. Of course, didn't stop me from buying it with Express because I"m not insane. The only thing that had me cursing out loud was the addition of Nov 1-4. My travel is already planned so we end on Halloween night. I cannot change the plans for various reasons. However, had I know this just a month sooner, I could've planned for it. Now, I'm bummed I won't be there for our traditional last night. It's going to kill me knowing that people still get to go, and I'm already back home. I get holding off on house annoucements, but if you're going to mess with the calendar, do it sooner than later. Some of us don't have the option of just driving over any night we please. <end rant>

No. They don't...
Considering how quiet the studios can be during the day, yeah that extended queue is pretty much wasted space as opposed to a usually active retail spot for the entire day and night.

And with ST and FFP's announced and out, I wanna' bring focus back to the rumor that one of the possible announcements this month is tied to a sweepstakes. If that's the case, it's got me thinking on what house could it be for? There's probably only one, maybe two announcements left before we get the BIG announcement of everything else. And they've clearly taken care of announcing the major IP's that'll sell tickets, so everything yet to be announced is pretty much extra at this point.

For a couple reasons, I think there's a good chance Oddfellow is gonna' be the next announcement. The first reason is due to the little website/directory leak of "I-Follow-Oddfellow", now that could be related to whatever the mobile game is this year, but it could also be related to some sort of sweepstakes. The second reason? Oddfellow is connected to Jack. It's no secret that Jack is marketing's golden boy, if they can feature him in any way possible, they most certainly will. If Jack is featured in the house in any way, shape or form, you can bet that marketing is going to make a push for a separate announcement. "See where it all began for Jack etc.", boom. done.

There's also the rumor of Oddfellow's troupe being a horde for the entrance, that lends credence to this original being treated bigger than others.

Considering how quiet the studios can be during the day, yeah that extended queue is pretty much wasted space as opposed to a usually active retail spot for the entire day and night.
For sure - I can't imagine they wouldn't want to use that space to make even more money.

These tribute stores basically print money for them - and to potentially have 2 open at the same time is a big opportunity.

Oddfellow is connected to Jack. It's no secret that Jack is marketing's golden boy, if they can feature him in any way possible, they most certainly will. If Jack is featured in the house in any way, shape or form, you can bet that marketing is going to make a push for a separate announcement. "See where it all began for Jack etc.", boom. done.
To me, that’s the only reason they would announce Oddfellow early is if they wanted to use Jack in marketing. But that’s exactly what I hope that they do not do. Most people that have heard of HHN know of Jack. But I would venture to say outside of the HHN faithful, most don’t know about Dr. Oddfellow. I would love to see a house solely based on him. Of course I want some Jack hints and references, but I don’t want it to be all about him. Give Oddfellow a chance to shine.

I have to assume they're at least going to allude to him somewhere in the house, probably near the climax. Wouldn't be shocked if an Oddfellow kill, orchestrated by Jack, is the final scare, for example.
I would be fine with this as the final scene. A way to bring him in, but don’t make the whole house about him.

They did this with Beetlejuice in 2022.
The more I think about it, I could see Chucky at the entrance or exit of the house kind of being interactive. I wish he could roast people and be exactly how we imagine he probably would be, but I know there was controversy back in 2008 when they did that, so there would definitely be controversy now. We are certainly in a different time and we were back then. So if people got offended back then, I can only imagine how long it would take to stop that from happening nowadays.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think a 1920 carnival can offer something really unique for a clown original. They can explore some fun things in that environment - whether it be side-show animals, "freaks," vintage carnival structures, or even the smells of old carnivals. There is a potential with Oddfellow, even down to seeing Oddfellow's character design for the first time.

The more I think about it, I could see Chucky at the entrance or exit of the house kind of being interactive. I wish he could roast people and be exactly how we imagine he probably would be, but I know there was controversy back in 2008 when they did that, so there would definitely be controversy now. We are certainly in a different time and we were back then. So if people got offended back then, I can only imagine how long it would take to stop that from happening nowadays.
They did the whole "Chucky roasting people" bit in the 2018 scarezone FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.