Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a fine line to walk when critiquing under construction stuff. Gotta balance the fact it’s not done with the fact art and design probably knows the issues already.

Yep. And as someone who did critique some of the booths, I want to be clear - this is so low on the list of things I truly care about. If the rest of the event is awesome (and man these zones are looking stellar so far) and the price of that is a few lackluster food booths, it’s not going to be something I think about.

We’re not going to do the “if you have any criticisms, leave!” bit. A few people fairly pointed out that some of the graphics packages on the food booths leave something to be desired, even with the intended aesthetic. Frankly, if that’s the main critique at this point, that suggests we’re looking at one hell of a event.

Metallica will be fine. They’ve been “canceled” half a dozen times. And whatever’s going on now wouldn’t have impacted Stranger Things appearing or not.

I wasn't thinking about Metallica itself but on how the backlash would have affected universal.
And since the current backlash happened in a month, if universal had gotten stranger things, they could have gotten backlash for having Metallica in the house. Or had to remove it if they did.

Look at how often Marilyn Manson music has been used in hhn. 2011 had Manson music on a loop in the scarezone , but now universal probably can't use his music anymore.
I'm starting to realize that houses or scarezones based on music bands might not be the best for universal lol. You never know what's gonna cause a problem
Obviously Manson is a billionaire and his career goes on, Metallica goes on, but I'm wondering if they had any Metallica music in the fire show and if they have to remove it.
I'm starting to think that universal doing houses or scarezones based on music bands might not be a great idea. Who knows what happens next

the Weeknd better not do anything controversial lol

• Angry
Reactions: snayberry
If you had "teenagers who discovered metallica through stranger things try to cancel the band two months later because of some stuff they heard about on tik tok that happened years ago" on your bingo card take a shot.

I don't wanna do mine alone. :tired:
for what is worth, even seasoned/ decades fan, metalheads didnt know everything bad metallica did. it even surprised metal pros
like me :bigeye:

for what is worth, even seasoned/ decades fan, metalheads didnt know everything bad metallica did. it even surprised metal pros
like me :bigeye:
Specifics aside I think most of us at least assumed the guys were not exactly perfect citizens. lol. but the whole "what is the statute of limitations for cancel culture" question probably does not belong on a theme park message board. We can point and laugh at their music being removed from their own twitch livestream for copyright though.

Reactions: Clive
Considering Metallica is not part of the event (and their conduct would not have played a role in whether Stranger Things appeared), I think we can safely move on from this subject.

I also don’t think it’s appropriate or productive to speculate about what would happen if The Weeknd suddenly did something “cancelable.” That’s definitely a “we’d cross that bridge if we found one” situation.

I wasn't thinking about Metallica itself but on how the backlash would have affected universal.
And since the current backlash happened in a month, if universal had gotten stranger things, they could have gotten backlash for having Metallica in the house. Or had to remove it if they did.

Look at how often Marilyn Manson music has been used in hhn. 2011 had Manson music on a loop in the scarezone , but now universal probably can't use his music anymore.
I'm starting to realize that houses or scarezones based on music bands might not be the best for universal lol. You never know what's gonna cause a problem
Obviously Manson is a billionaire and his career goes on, Metallica goes on, but I'm wondering if they had any Metallica music in the fire show and if they have to remove it.
I'm starting to think that universal doing houses or scarezones based on music bands might not be a great idea. Who knows what happens next

Since there are allegations going on related to Marilyn, we probably won’t be hearing “The Beautiful People” at the event anytime soon or at all cause of that. He’ll probably won’t get his own house too, so I wouldn’t consider Metallica to be “cancelable” at all. Every time when I hear Kid Rock claiming himself to be the most “uncancelable” name in music history, I always want Motley Crue to make him “hold their beers.”

Reactions: jseal777
Yep. And as someone who did critique some of the booths, I want to be clear - this is so low on the list of things I truly care about. If the rest of the event is awesome (and man these zones are looking stellar so far) and the price of that is a few lackluster food booths, it’s not going to be something I think about.
IMO they are doing far more than is necessary with them for what they are

The food booths and food festivals are a clever way for the parks to upcharge you on smaller portions, I understand their function and just kind of ignore them.

This year and last year they're at least attempting to tie them in with the event and I applaud them for trying to "dress the pig" so to speak

I think they will blend in fine once HHN is in "show mode"

Have you not seen season 4? Who knows for sure if they would include it or not, but Master of Puppets was included in a pretty cool and pivotal scene in season 4. It could’ve been in a house and been in the soundtrack, but not necessarily.

I have not, and if Metallica is a problem (I didn’t look it up) Universal could have just simply excised the song, no problem.

At least it’s creative. And hey don’t blame them, any property can eventually lead to a problem, still doesn’t mean they don’t look innocuous at first. And keep in mind they already had a music band work for them (Academy of Villains, don’t know why they stopped) and a movie from a guy who actually killed someone.

EDIT: I should have opened the new messages, sorry moving on.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
IMO they are doing far more than is necessary with them for what they are

The food booths and food festivals are a clever way for the parks to upcharge you on smaller portions, I understand their function and just kind of ignore them.

This year and last year they're at least attempting to tie them in with the event and I applaud them for trying to "dress the pig" so to speak

I think they will blend in fine once HHN is in "show mode"
Circling back to actual HHN talk, this is where I'm at. Critique is totally valid and I definitely get it, but I'm genuinely just stoked that they've plussed the food tents to such an extent at this point over the past two years.

We went from this in 2019:

to this:

Circling back to actual HHN talk, this is where I'm at. Critique is totally valid and I definitely get it, but I'm genuinely just stoked that they've plussed the food tents to such an extent at this point over the past two years.

We went from this in 2019:

to this:

It's very obvious that the look of the food booths is meant to be the way it is. If other booths are going all out on theme
Seems literally obvious that they are bad on purpose. If the other booths look good like this

Status
Not open for further replies.