Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Netflix just wasn't in the cards this year. There wasn't any fallout like some have assumed.
2. So, I think the traditional Halloween gimmick was the goal from their initial planning stages; but the popularity of the Pumpkin Lord and Lil Boo made them easy to slide in.
3. No.
Is there anything else that you know of that they still have left to drop?

We already complaining about graphics & food booths on an event that hasn't even started yet?

Cool. Cool. Cool.
Yes, because it can literally be fixed in several hours and wouldn't look like Six Flag's Fright Fest. Consider it free feedback that doesn't require standing there with a clipboard or sending out super, top-secret surveys through email.

But it's just a food booth, so we shouldn't really care. BUT C'MON, IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO MAKE LOOK GOOD!

For the record, everything else has been *chef's kiss*!

Alright guys, I think Squid Game can STILL happen and here’s why…

Nah but in all seriousness, another great and crazy spec season. Thanks to all the mods who put up with the crazy nonsense that happens in this thread, and of course to @Legacy for always making things fun with clues and riddles galore.

Really pumped for this year, and hope to see you nerds in the fog. Have fun everyone!!:grin:

Now where is the 32 spec. thread? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
giphy.gif
So it’s not going to show my laughing emoji to show I was joking :lol: :lol: But seriously I was only joking, don’t worry. You all did a great job keeping this thread under control and deserve a break(from at least the spec. threads see you in the others :lol: :lol: )

OK, I have a few questions and doubt all can be answered....

1. The new lagoon show, was the underwheling response to Marathon of Mayhem v2.0 a reason for changing up what they're calling the show to get out of its shadow?

2. We're there any plans for a house/houses with any traditional Icons after the kudos Icons received last year?

3. The event has been a roll with "white whale" IPs. For 31 it makes sense to have the OG Halloween back, but was there anything else that was in the plans at any time?

4. Assuming you are one of the many contributors to the HNN Spec Map, any insight as to why Dead Man's Warf stayed on the map after the shirt with the real/full title was leaked?

5. Why aren't they announcing the 11th house, Stranger Things, in the Blue Man Group Theater yet? Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK, I have a few questions and doubt all can be answered....

1. The new lagoon show, was the underwheling response to Marathon of Mayhem v2.0 a reason for changing up what they're calling the show to get out of its shadow?

2. We're there any plans for a house/houses with any traditional Icons after the kudos Icons received last year?

3. The event has been a roll with "white whale" IPs. For 31 it makes sense to have the OG Halloween back, but was there anything else that was in the plans at any time?

4. Assuming you are one of the many contributors to the HNN Spec Map, any insight as to why Dead Man's Warf stayed on the map after the shirt with the real/full title was leaked?

5. Why aren't they announcing the 11th house, Stranger Things, in the Blue Man Group Theater yet? Sorry, couldn't resist.

1. I think the name change is just for narrative purposes. It's still the same idea of a HHN fountain show at the end of the day.
2. Not from what I understand. I believe they're trying to move on from that era, outside of Jack. Marketing loves Jack. :lol:
3. The Weeknd is arguably the biggest white whale they've had. Will it translate the way Stranger Things did? We'll see soon.
4. I actually am not. I tend to keep quiet and refrain from that. Those who know... all that jazz. Nothing against it. Just like to do my own thing.
5. It's actually Stranger Things with music by Iron Maiden.

I'll admit, I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just go full on with the Pumpkin Lord being the official icon of the event, rather than just being a soft-icon, since hes pretty much an icon in all but official title, or even finally giving Crowe his chance to shine, but I guess those days are just sorta gone.
That said, this lineup sounds pretty incredible, I don't think theres anything I'm actively disinterested in, though I'll be honest and say Hellblock is kinda a wild card for me since it could end up being a really fun house with a bit of fan service or it could end up a disordered mishmash, so I'll probably have to wait and see. Either way, I am very happy that this is gonna be my first time visiting orlando despite following the event vicariously through the internet since like 2010

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It's not just you. Some of the graphics, particularly for the food booths, look... less than stellar.
I agree with that but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that its because they wanted it to look like someone can purchase it from Spirit Halloween and deck out its house with it (for the food booths)

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Man, what a spec season!

First off, a big thanks to @Legacy for providing many entertaining clues, since the American Dad method was absolutely brilliant. (And if anyone hasn't checked it out by now, do give it a watch, it's held up pretty darn well compared to Family Guy.) And a big thanks to those who were able to arrange the clues in spreadsheets etc.

And while some things have yet to be revealed like food options, I think it's safe to say we've got a fun HHN to look forward to! It feels like A&D has had this year brewing for quite a while, and I can't wait to see what the team has brought us!

Since the American Dad clues were fun to speculate, makes me want Legacy to do it again with another show. Was it the first one he thought of as an idea or was it before that?

Status
Not open for further replies.