Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Random take but I would welcome an all-original HHN event by John Murdy just to see how creative he can get.
I would also like to see that. If HHN did a fully original event that would be amazing since it would allow John Murdy to fully show off his creativity add a Icon to that lineup and we have a deal. Also the pig symbol could mean Saw or TCM. But someone on the HHN discord mentioned that this disturbing type IP could mean The Blair Witch Project or even Amityville Horror. That would make alot more sense that Either Saw or TCM since these movies fit John Murdy's description almost perfectly. Or better yet we don't exactly know what this IP is and it wouldn't be reveled until HHN announces it themselves.

Last edited:
I have no issue with Halloween/TCM coming back to the event but it would be nice to have the future houses based on other sequels. I’ve always wanted H6 and the TCM remake.

White whales are an interesting topic because of course I love the idea of having those heavy-hitter, pie-in-the-sky houses at HHN (stuff like Alien or Suspiria or the OG Dawn of the Dead), but I'm also equally as happy with the more niche IPs like Creepshow and Trick r Treat. Like, I don't necessarily need a Suspiria but would be thrilled with a Phantasm or a Re-Animator or a Halloween 3.

The bottom line here, though, is that rights are tricky for the white whales AND the niche ones. The IP landscape is tough and getting tougher, and it's been headed this direction for years and years now.
TBH I would even consider Suspiria niche. I feel the reason internally is relevancy but I feel like thats such a copout considering one can pay 10.99 for whatever streaming service they happen to be on. I feel like a lot of movies we would consider irrelevant a few years back (for the purpose of the event) are so much more accessible now.

Reactions: deadbydawn
The IPs are what differentiate Horror Nights from Scary Farm for Regular Guests, so I suspect that even repeating popular IPs accomplishes that goal. I think it'd be fun to see the creative team tackle more original mazes, but Michael and Leatherface are who make Horror Nights (Hollywood) Horror Nights (Hollywood).
Also Something to mention is that we don't exactly have as much room for mazes/original mazes as HHN Orlando. Whenever we could get room for a maze we would always take it since anything location we could get at this point would be worth it. That is typically why alot of people wanted the metro sets to come back since it would mean more mazes. I mean that is just the way things are when the backlot is huge but the main park itself is not that big at all.

Random take but I would welcome an all-original HHN event by John Murdy just to see how creative he can get.
I love John -- he's the soul of Hollywood's event -- but I totally disagree with this. Every house would be a spooky noun with a Z added to the end. John's best skills are in translation. That might sound backhanded, but I promise it's not -- it takes a hugely creative mind to take existing material and reformat it in the unique way he does.

The IPs are what differentiate Horror Nights from Scary Farm for Regular Guests, so I suspect that even repeating popular IPs accomplishes that goal. I think it'd be fun to see the creative team tackle more original mazes, but Michael and Leatherface are who make Horror Nights (Hollywood) Horror Nights (Hollywood).
The event 100% needs IP, but as Brian pointed out, they've kinda backed themselves into a corner. If AQP ends up coming to fruition, hopefully it's an indication that property holders are open to being more collaborative.

Hitting those niches should be at LEAST attempted. Crimson Peak and Krampus are always talked about as sleeper hits of HHN’s past. Would love to see Suspiria, or an Exorcist-like attempt with The Descent. Even the Classic Monsters as a solo house would help scratch that itch. Not sure why the focus on versus houses has to be the mandate.

I'd be into this.. after seeing him create Icons like Hollywood Harry, Larry Larva, Pandora, The Toymaker, it'd be interesting to see him attempt a full blown Orlando-esque event where the Icon's backstory/motif ties every maze and zone together in one continuous storyline..

John Murdy did Texas Chainsaw Massacre before their is no way that is accurate to the description he gave what in TCM could possibly scare him. We know that he is terrified of the drowning children in LA Llorona and he described this maze as possibly the most terrifying maze in HHN History. I'm not saying any maze is the weekend the map just feels off. I could also speculate a little bit on my post since I'm not going to double post someone on Instagram mentioned the burning warehouse symbol could be dead exposure how insane would that be?
Keep in mind he specifically said in that tweet that his RESEARCH scared him. He never said the ip itself it’s quite possible that he could’ve been researching something like meat processing or the slaughtering of animals. You can find videos of that stuff online and that stuff tends to make me quite squeamish personally.

The reason The Thing hasn't happened yet is extremely clear, and I don't know why we don't talk about it more. It would be extremely expensive to do right. Those Chucky puppets and effects were not cheap! They got away with the 2011 prequel version because they had the mandate of promoting a new movie, and I wouldn't be surprised if Universal Pictures chipped in some extra $$ in the same way they pay for other in-park promotions from time to time.
I would love love love The Thing to be in the event one day, but I agree. If we couldn’t get Creature of The Black Lagoon because of costume budget, imagine how much of a nightmare the puppet and animatronic budget for The Thing maze would be. It’s going to be a LONG time till we get that maze in unless they get a proper budget.

Rate 1-10 on this potential lineup
TCM sequel - 1 (I am so done with the property by now -- 8/10 if it's TCM Platinum Dunes remake coming back from 2007-2008 but we all know that's not happening)
Insidious 5 - 4 (latest movie sucked, last maze they did was the weakest of the three, it's a good IP, but there's so much more to look at)
Blumhouse TT - 5 (better than a maze, but TT always sucks, so hard to care)
Ghostbusters sequel - 1 (nope, don't care)
Latin America - 7 (this would be a 10 if last year's maze was a bit better but it felt like it was treading the same ground as some of its predecesers and even other mazes that same year)
Exterminatorz - 5 (conceptually I don't care for the tone, the small maze section on TT last year was goofy, and I don't think bugs are my favorite thing for mazes to be based on, but willing to wait and see)
AQP - 4 (literally Stranger Things just dressed up as something else)
Weeknd II - 4 (hated the first maze, not exactly excited for this one, but it can go anywhere)
UM: BOF II - 5 (UCM are getting boring unless they inject new life into it or try a different approach -- not exactly hopeful on either of those fronts)
36/90 = 4/10

FNAF and NOES were both rumored to have been dropped during the course of this spec season. Having to pivot especially from NOES is kind of why the IPs are the way they are right now.

At least Hollywood is replacing the IP, Orlando may just get another original.
More originals would be a great thing for Hollywood at this point if the IP lineup is any indication.

Obviously all just spec, but I've never wanted a spec lineup to be more false lmao

Reactions: chris.g
Not that I don’t believe it’s coming, but having a hard hard time believing Weeknd is a Hollywood exclusive.
I think there has been contention on the matter of Weeknd for Orlando--but @Legacy has actively commented against the notion of Weeknd in Orlando.

Part of me wonders if AHTDN may of made things comfortable for one coast to get Weeknd only.

I think there has been contention on the matter of Weeknd for Orlando--but @Legacy has actively commented against the notion of Weeknd in Orlando.

Part of me wonders if AHTDN may of made things comfortable for one coast to get Weeknd only.

I'm a little shaky on my HHN Hollywood info in comparison to Orlando - so I'm not saying it is or isn't happening...

BUT! I do know there's been an earnest attempt to muddy intel this year so it may simply be a "never was".

To me it doesn't really matter I really hope the Weeknd symbol on the speculation map is accurate since I know most people want the weekend to make a appearance at HHN. Doesn't Orlando always get mostly everything though? Can't we just enjoy this for once. Singapore had their turn and now it's ours.