Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While It could be anything my theory still stands because I have seen nothing on this map so far that could relate to what this disturbing IP could be.

I know scary/disturbing can be interpreted differently by each individual - but I highly doubt Smile is the disturbing property considering Murdy's worked on some doozies already.

Does anyone have any idea on what the "castle" show might be? I find it super interesting that it shows up on both Hollywood and Orlando's spec map.

The rumors have pointed directly to Harold and Kumar (yes, that Harold and Kumar).

Woah, that's nuts! Definitely lines up with the castle symbol and I remember some rumblings about a comedy duo show that isn't Bill & Ted. Really interested at what kind of horror twist they'd take with it if that turns out.

I’d imagine the comedy would overweigh the horror. But it makes sense, had heard they are wanting to not do Purge due to the nightmare of development that show had. Better to cut losses and start fresh.

Reactions: c.layso
I’d imagine the comedy would overweigh the horror. But it makes sense, had heard they are wanting to not do Purge due to the nightmare of development that show had. Better to cut losses and start fresh.
Would their still be 2 shows? I mean where else could they do this show besides water world unless it is a comedy stunt horror show. I really wanted a show like the purge again in water world but this comedy horror type show sounds fun also. I do hope they also bring back the DreamWorks theater show and change the theme/extend the show and maybe add in some more terrifying character encounters M3gan was not enough.

Would their still be 2 shows? I mean where else could they do this show besides water world unless it is a comedy stunt horror show. I really wanted a show like the purge again in water world but this comedy horror type show sounds fun also. I do hope they also bring back the DreamWorks theater show and change the theme/extend the show and maybe add in some more terrifying character encounters M3gan was not enough.

Looks like Blumhouse behind the Screams will return based on the map. Hopefully they do flesh it about a bit.

I think the event has reached the point to where they need all of the available venues they can get their hands on for shows. I would be shocked if they didn't use Dream Works Theater. It's too bad that the Metro sets aren't accessible because they could really use that extra space. Two houses on the upper lot, two in CG, two in the lower lot, and two in Metro would be super ideal. Use both shows and then a small freak show or magic show in Metro to give some people a reason to enjoy their drinks and be entertained.

While I hope Blumhouse is a little more fleshed out, the show can only be so long. The way it's designed, the presentation can't be any longer than five or six minutes.

Does the castle symbol mean that the purge is not returning? I still don't get how the water world venue can be used for a show other than a action one.

I believe the plan is DWT and WaterWorld for two entertainment elements. Honestly I wonder if they may shift gears on the DWT show given Atomic Monster and Blumhouse now being co-owned with Comcast.

Reactions: ProjectScare
Surprised at the lack of excitement for a potential Exterminatorz maze
Honestly--I think it's kind of fascinating that both that and what seems to be Hollywood Harry for Terror Tram not being as talked about. And I hope it gets talked about further for both.

Really hoping Murdy looks to what Orlando did with Bugs: Eaten Alive and use specific elements to scare guests without the need of the actors. Scare guests mentally by sound and sif, and inhibit what people see visually as a result of that.

I know scary/disturbing can be interpreted differently by each individual - but I highly doubt Smile is the disturbing property considering Murdy's worked on some doozies already.
I feel like he's prone to hyperbole to be fair. I'm gunna cast my vote for The Strangers.

Was there any weight behind that Silence of the Lambs discussion a few pages back or was that pure spec?

Reactions: Brian G.
Dude. You’re overlooking the most disturbing IP of them all that just came out recently:

Madame Web
Finally; a house set in the Amazon; with my mom when she was researching spiders right before she died. Peak house incoming.
___
Also and this is gonna be my opinion--but I think the balancing of where things are assuming if SS15 is a headliner like IP; is a fantastic choice and makes sense. You have a reason to go to each corner of the event this year, and not just one specific core sector.

Really hoping Murdy looks to what Orlando did with Bugs: Eaten Alive and use specific elements to scare guests without the need of the actors. Scare guests mentally by sound and sif, and inhibit what people see visually as a result of that.
Eh, I don’t. That isn’t really the point of Exterminatorz. They’re just terrifying mutants. Not to mention Hollywood real estate for houses wouldn’t really allow for that type of effect heavy house.