Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Trust me, I would LOVE to see an improvement in scarezones here in Hollywood, but there is just no room to work with, like at all. The only zone that could possibly see an Orlando level dressing of SZ would be the French Street. Unless we get Metro sets back, I think scarezones will just be “eh”. Im not gonna lose sleep over better zones. Don’t get me wrong it would be nice, but I think they should just focus on their houses, entertainment, and atmosphere improvements.
I mean... Knott's specifically prides themselves on not having to rely on IPs for KSF.. do we think that changes with the merger?
Seriously doubt it. I think that will continue….and it should be that way.

I wouldn't consider the CF/SF merger to be the end of any WB IP, personally. CF might say they want more IP, but that doesn't mean WB is locked into licensing them.
Honestly I think it's strange that people are even framing it that way. I think it definitely means we're likely to see more licensed WB content at Six Flags parks, which we already have, but like, as far as CF parks getting IP, I can't think of many instances of it happening outside of Knotts, and they seem to be happy without it doing their own thing. The most I'd really bet on is maybe a variation on Arkham Asylum or something like Horror Made Here had, but at six flags parks, and seeing one or both of last years IP mazes either improved to some degree or just brought back.

I think in general Six Flags parks are enough in their own lane of not quite standing up against Knotts and HHN as the big contenders, that they have more room to do IP based mazes than knotts would in this day and age. That said, I wouldn't complain about seeing an IP through the lens of knotts' creativity in design, if HHN can lean further into originals im sure knotts has a little room to work with, though I wouldnt be surprised if for budget reasons they wait until its a year where they only want to retire 1 maze to add an IP one, as then there will be more room to pay the licensees or whoever without worrying about the strain on another new venue's budget.

Reactions: TableYe
Assuming House #3 is the Latin American (like how we are with House #1 being the Scarezone to House transplant [or I guess, the Scarezone to Tram to House transplant]) house; then looking at the significance to that of certain trees, two comes to mind; and that is the Palo Santo and the La Ceiba.

The Palo Santo, otherwise known as the Holy Wood tree; is known more properly as a tree that is meant for a tool in burning, for that of the Spiritual ceremony of Cleansing to negative energy. It is also used in some tribes as a means to connect the spirit of ourselves alongside that of our Creator.

The La Ceiba (or Kapok), is known however much more prominently; as the Sacred Tree of Life. The La Ceiba can be found in that of Mexico, but alongside that of Central America and the Caribbean's. The La Ceiba's significance is actively much more important to that of Latin American tradition; with Mayans, Amazonians, in other places such as Puerto Rico.

In the case of the La Ceiba, Mayans considered it as that of a link of sorts. To that of Heaven, Earth, and of what was below of Earth. In Puerto Rican customs, it is seen as a ladder for the deceased to travel to the Afterlife.

I think when looking to what Murdy spoke with House 3, the key lies to that of what exactly is being planted; in that of the trees and of the flowers that are connected to them.

EDIT:

Adding one more in--and I am going to give credit where it is due. From Twisted_Thrills on Theme Park Stop's Discord, they brought up another tree altogether; that being of the Protium Copal.

Protium Copal is more commonly used, via the resin within the trees for Offrendas; primarily around that of guiding the soul through that of the aroma. The Wheelbarrows could be then seen as flower planters; with Twisted bringing up that of Marigolds, and their importance to that of Dia De Los Muertos.

It is also good to note of La Catrina, in how she debuted for the 2023 HHN season in the Plaza.
That character has been in the plaza since like 2021 I think? She was definitely 100% there last year like for sure

For the Latin house i think we can expect a continued transfer from scarezone to house thing going on there, so im gunna guess that the house will be based on the aztec mummies zone.

Trust me, I would LOVE to see an improvement in scarezones here in Hollywood, but there is just no room to work with, like at all. The only zone that could possibly see an Orlando level dressing of SZ would be the French Street. Unless we get Metro sets back, I think scarezones will just be “eh”. Im not gonna lose sleep over better zones. Don’t get me wrong it would be nice, but I think they should just focus on their houses, entertainment, and atmosphere improvements.

Seriously doubt it. I think that will continue….and it should be that way.
Tbh they need to figure something out because the lack of real scarezones makes the event not even feel like a halloween thing anymore. I know theres no space for adding scarezones but we at least need like some decorations. Theres no ambiance.

Tbh they need to figure something out because the lack of real scarezones makes the event not even feel like a halloween thing anymore. I know theres no space for adding scarezones but we at least need like some decorations. Theres no ambiance.
Agreed. I understand there very little space to work with, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for something a little more substantial than reused props and mannequins on a cart.

Is it about time we get a Terrifer maze? With Terrifier 3 coming out?
I could see this happening, but it definitely won't be a big draw. 30-45 minute lines on most nights. I wonder if they'd even think it was worth bothering licensing. They could potentially have a bigger draw with an original, if they play their cards right. I think they need to see how the third film does to see if the following has gone up, stayed stagnant, or gone down. Personally, I think it'll rise, but not by a whole lot, and even then, I don't think it'd be enough to spend the money on the license for it. It needs some time to gestate to grow a mainstream cult following. I feel like it's on the cusp right now, but a lot hinges on that 3rd film. Personally, I think the movies are trash, but I could see some appeal to translate to a maze. With the demographic of HHN being people that DON'T watch horror movies, it's kind of a hard sale. It needs some type of awareness. Who knows, they might get away with it simply because he's a clown.

If they can’t get It this year I think they will probably go for Terrifier. I mean those movies aren’t high-budget and like the last poster said, they probably wouldn’t be that much to license. I agree that there’s some questions about how popular it would be with the HHN crowd, but I think the image of a “scary clown” would alone be marketable.

Reactions: ProjectScare
I think there's some other things to consider other than just price of licensing here. Licensing ANYTHING for ANY price often is an issue with a compnay, it's really annoying. It has to be wholly justified, especially when the inevitable question comes of "why couldn't we just do that for free?" Coming with the license, you then have to play ball with the creators and their demands. Next, does that license come with any sense of an actor's likeness? Or traditional music? Are there any recreated moments that could be a clearance nightmare? Those early days in 2007-2009 must've been really intense meetings to convey they needed ALL IPs that were not Universal in order to draw a crowd. These days though, not so much. Skip the license so Exec #4 can put gas into his yacht.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Okay I think It's time to bring up the fact that The Fall of House of Usher could make a really good house. It is made by the same creator as The Haunting of Hill House. People in Orlando threads are speculating that this might be one of the IP's. This series could also make a really good house as it is based on the stories of Edgar Allan Poe.

• Love
Reactions: saint.piss
Okay I think It's time to bring up the fact that The Fall of House of Usher could make a really good house. It is made by the same creator as The Haunting of Hill House. People in Orlando threads are speculating that this might be one of the IP's. This series could also make a really good house as it is based on the stories of Edgar Allan Poe.
Haunting of hill house I remember being really boring (the maze)

Good to know that the Atomic Era Monsters are on his mind.

Dude I would love this concept for a Universal Monsters house. Wouldn’t mind seeing that concept being used for the Tram either. Exterminatorz felt like it was dipping its toes into that concept so I hope they do it!

Also, I’ve been thinking about those hints Murdy posted about one of the originals that sounds like it could easily be another Hispanic original. After remembering @AlexanderMBush and his post about his thoughts on it a page or two back, I think this will probably be the theme for the Hispanic original next year: La Catrina: The dark history of Day of the Dead's immortal icon

Dude I would love this concept for a Universal Monsters house. Wouldn’t mind seeing that concept being used for the Tram either. Exterminatorz felt like it was dipping its toes into that concept so I hope they do it!

Also, I’ve been thinking about those hints Murdy posted about one of the originals that sounds like it could easily be another Hispanic original. After remembering @AlexanderMBush and his post about his thoughts on it a page or two back, I think this will probably be the theme for the Hispanic original next year: La Catrina: The dark history of Day of the Dead's immortal icon
A house based off of the day of the dead icon La Catrina would be amazing!

That's a fun idea. Wonder if it would tie in at all with the killer quinceanera idea that was rumored a little while back.

Thinking about TT a bit more--and I almost wonder if the reason why Murdy has something already planned with TT; lies in a potential changing of a walking route.

Why I bring this up falls more down to a simple element; of the need to procure timing for venues to be deemed then safe for that of not being yoinked; like say how they've procured the Metro sets in the past via renting. I would love if they could do it as a means of tying to USH's 60th anniversary next year too, especially if they can then use it as another means of doing more with Hollywood Harry.

Thinking about TT a bit more--and I almost wonder if the reason why Murdy has something already planned with TT; lies in a potential changing of a walking route.

Why I bring this up falls more down to a simple element; of the need to procure timing for venues to be deemed then safe for that of not being yoinked; like say how they've procured the Metro sets in the past via renting. I would love if they could do it as a means of tying to USH's 60th anniversary next year too, especially if they can then use it as another means of doing more with Hollywood Harry.
It’s pretty much locked into what route we can take in TT. Metro sets will never be used for HHN. I think it costs universal too much money ( as in loss of income due to not being used for filming)

It sucks but for now, money is controlling everything the park is doing due to all the spending they are doing rn