Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm gonna go with Exterminatorz for the first house, personally, with a dash of Orlando's BUGS house and its 50s model home. Borax is an ant killer, Quonset Huts and Cryogenic chambers makes me think 50s retro-futurism, and Proverbs 16:18 is the "Pride goeth before the fall" one, which ties in with Larry Larvae's thing about human oppressors and how bugs need to rise up. They also have props they can reuse from the mini-houses in the tram.

Personally wouldn't mind Urban Inferno though, that zone was neat.

I also think the Borax house is Exterminatorz.
I was thinking exterminatorz but I don’t see how knights and the sins of man and proverbs ties into exterminatorz urban inferno makes way more sense in my opinion. OH BEFORE I FORGET! EDR and exorcist believer are like actively being deconstructed right now so don’t expect horror hotel to come back next year or something lol.

I was thinking exterminatorz but I don’t see how knights and the sins of man and proverbs ties into exterminatorz urban inferno makes way more sense in my opinion. OH BEFORE I FORGET! EDR and exorcist believer are like actively being deconstructed right now so don’t expect horror hotel to come back next year or something lol.

Yeah, I think that's fair to confirm. Assuming there is a maze in the old Walking Dead building next year, it will be a new build.

A sequel to the Spanish/Latin Houses we've had
Five Nights at Freddy, no idea if it's a house but some sort of attraction
Blumhouse behind the scenes will return
Purge will also be back and hopefully the feedback leads to more people on here to enjoy it
Chucky for sure will be back, maybe a full clone or a clone with a new room or two

Terror Tram Maze could be another Original IP but here is my WAYYYYY out there idea.....Last of Us Tram. It's a way to refuse some stuff while having the last of us come back but at a house with a much higher capacity

A Classic Monsters Maze, no idea what it will be but it's been at most events the past 6 years

Ghost Busters? It will be early in the year but not a bad tie in with the new film
Black Mask 2 Maze, they can bring back stuff from the first maze and then add onto it with the second movie coming out next year

Silent hill has a new film out...so would not rule that out
Beetle Juice movie is out next year, a Maze for it or the OG would be very popular

This willlll not happen but a sequel to that crappy Winnie the Pooh Movie is coming out....god I'd love even a scarezeone so they can mock Disney

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but --

The Strangers

There's literally 3 movies -- an entire TRILOGY -- coming out next year (yes, you read that right). I'd love to see them return to the event. There has to be enough content between those three movies (and the two pre-existing ones) for at least ONE maze.

Perhaps it's me but I don't necessarily think The Strangers is as viable. If it's general public reception was larger, maybe, but it feels a bit more cultish than even that of Klowns.

Alright! Another HHN in the books, another speculation season underway. Now to get my speculation out of my system! *cracks knuckles*

First the houses on what I think we’ll get/feel pretty good about:

Another Hispanic urban legends house: Kinda obvious at this point. Gonna bet on something involving the Chupacabra or something with Aztec mummies. If I’m not mistaken, I think some of the monsters from Pueblo del Terror appeared in Monstrous? Maybe I’m wrong? If so maybe an Aztec Mummy house? Chuppa? Or both?

Freddy and Jason comeback: It’s worth noting that the rights to Friday the 13th have been legally settled as of September. Don’t have time to look back but I think they decided that the original creator of the series owns the rights legally. It will also be the 40th anniversary of the original NoES (Which they haven’t done!) I know people are kinda iffy about that happening with WB being a wild card, but I think it’s time for Freddy and Jason to come back. It’s been literally 13 years since they had their own individual houses and even then they were based on the remakes. It also will have been 7 years since they’ve been here last so…it’s time.

Five Nights at Freddy’s: This should be the obvious no-brainer I’m willing to put money down on, but Cawthon might be a wildcard here and say “No I don’t want this”. Assuming that won’t be an issue, I think that’s a will be the SFX-heavy house next year.

Chucky repeat: Not a fan of this honestly, but with how much money they must’ve spent on those Chucky AAs, I’m sure they’re trying to figure out a way to get more use out of them. We saw a similar scenario play out here with AVP as they spent so much moolah on that house that they straight-up reused it. I could also see this scenario play out especially if Freddy and Jason comeback. Having those two plus Chucky would be an insanely marketable line-up. The kicker here is that because it was in a sound stage, they could keep it up all year which it sounds like they did. Here since it's an outside tent....not really possible. There is also another way they could reuse those Chucky puppets and that brings me to.....

Universal Monsters: Ideally, I would love to see just one more proper classic monsters house with Gilly.....but after the seemingly "eh" reception to this year's Unmasked house....I have a feeling they will either take a break from the Universal Monsters, or do something that broadens the scope of what is considered "Universal Monsters". I think someone brought up an idea of having a Monsters house that covers the old-school sci-fi monsters movies from the 50's and 60's. I freaking love that idea. Another I idea that was shared to me by HydraGen on closing night of HHN was make a "House of Horrors" concept. It will have been a full decade since the HoH closed at USH, so why not honor it with a "tribute house"? It could also be the "budget house" of the event by reusing the UM sets and even the Chucky AAs!

Exterminatorz house: Yeah, looking at the clues Murdy gace, I think we'll see it. IDK how well the Tram did on GSATs, but I guess it did well enough to warrant its own house. I hope so because I think it would be fun!

Silent Hill: Only thing is IDK if they will want two video game houses assuming FNAF is happening, but we all know Murdy did say he was interested in doing it again, so I think this will fall under the "returning fan favorite house from years ago" category that La Llorona and Holidayz has established the past couple of years. Hopefully this time in a sound stage?

Shows: New Purge show and another Blumhouse show in DWT. Why fix what ain't broken. Also, I think we'll be at eight houses. Don't see Metro being used as the pent up demand from the writers strike will probably stifle that opportunity. As for Tram....Freddy and Jason is what I'm feeling if they get to do it again, or some IP. I don't know....Strangers Tram?

The "Eh...possible but a longshot" or better yet, "I wanna see it happen but it probably won't":

It: I know some of you are like "Yeah, no", but with HMH now way behind us, maybe WB will play ball with HHN? Unless Fright Fest snags It....I think it's possible.

Scream: I'm just going to assume it ain't happening. We've all been burned too much by this. But like Hydra said, there's no movie coming out this year due to the writers strike so maybe Paramount will play ball to keep the IP fresh in people's heads.

The Thing: After seeing Chucky and Monstrous change the game with mechanical effects, imagine what they could do with the Thing! It would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wild Cards:

The Weeknd: Dawn FM: I only see this if they can't get Freddy and Jason again. He's doing a North American Tour so there's that. I think it's possible.

Jordan Peele movie next year: Might be the next marketing mandate house that Believer was. We'll see. Isn't he remaking People Under the Stairs?

That's all I've got for initial speculation. What do y'all think?

Last edited:
Alright! Another HHN in the books, another speculation season underway. Now to get my speculation out of my system! *cracks knuckles*

First the houses on what I think we’ll get/feel pretty good about:

Another Hispanic urban legends house: Kinda obvious at this point. Gonna bet on something involving the Chupacabra or something with Aztec mummies. If I’m not mistaken, I think some of the monsters from Pueblo del Terror appeared in Monstrous? Maybe I’m wrong? If so maybe an Aztec Mummy house? Chuppa? Or both?

Freddy and Jason comeback: It’s worth noting that the rights to Friday the 13th have been legally settled as of September. Don’t have time to look back but I think they decided that the original creator of the series owns the rights legally. It will also be the 40th anniversary of the original NoES (Which they haven’t done!) I know people are kinda iffy about that happening with WB being a wild card, but I think it’s time for Freddy and Jason to come back. It’s been literally 13 years since they had their own individual houses and even then they were based on the remakes. It also will have been 7 years since they’ve been here last so…it’s time.

Five Nights at Freddy’s: This should be the obvious no-brainer I’m willing to put money down on, but Cawthon might be a wildcard here and say “No I don’t want this”. Assuming that won’t be an issue, I think that’s a will be the SFX-heavy house next year.

Chucky repeat: Not a fan of this honestly, but with how much money they must’ve spent on those Chucky AAs, I’m sure they’re trying to figure out a way to get more use out of them. We saw a similar scenario play out here with AVP as they spent so much moolah on that house that they straight-up reused it. I could also see this scenario play out especially if Freddy and Jason comeback. Having those two plus Chucky would be an insanely marketable line-up. The kicker here is that because it was in a sound stage, they could keep it up all year which it sounds like they did. Here since it's an outside tent....not really possible. There is also another way they could reuse those Chucky puppets and that brings me to.....

Universal Monsters: Ideally, I would love to see just one more proper classic monsters house with Gilly.....but after the seemingly "eh" reception to this year's Unmasked house....I have a feeling they will either take a break from the Universal Monsters, or do something that broadens the scope of what is considered "Universal Monsters". I think someone brought up an idea of having a Monsters house that covers the old-school sci-fi monsters movies from the 50's and 60's. I freaking love that idea. Another I idea that was shared to me by HydraGen on closing night of HHN was make a "House of Horrors" concept. It will have been a full decade since the HoH closed at USH, so why not honor it with a "tribute house"? It could also be the "budget house" of the event by reusing the UM sets and even the Chucky AAs!

Exterminatorz house: Yeah, looking at the clues Murdy gace, I think we'll see it. IDK how well the Tram did on GSATs, but I guess it did well enough to warrant its own house. I hope so because I think it would be fun!

Silent Hill: Only thing is IDK if they will want two video game houses assuming FNAF is happening, but we all know Murdy did say he was interested in doing it again, so I think this will fall under the "returning fan favorite house from years ago" category that La Llorona and Holidayz has established the past couple of years. Hopefully this time in a sound stage?

Shows: New Purge show and another Blumhouse show in DWT. Why fix what ain't broken. Also, I think we'll be at eight houses. Don't see Metro being used as the pent up demand from the writers strike will probably stifle that opportunity. As for Tram....Freddy and Jason is what I'm feeling if they get to do it again, or some IP. I don't know....Strangers Tram?

The "Eh...possible but a longshot" or better yet, "I wanna see it happen but it probably won't":

It: I know some of you are like "Yeah, no", but with HMH now way behind us, maybe WB will play ball with HHN? Unless Fright Fest snags It....I think it's possible.

Scream: I'm just going to assume it ain't happening. We've all been burned too much by this. But like Hydra said, there's no movie coming out this year due to the writers strike so maybe Paramount will play ball to keep the IP fresh in people's heads.

The Thing: After seeing Chucky and Monstrous change the game with mechanical effects, imagine what they could do with the Thing! It would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wild Cards:

The Weeknd: Dawn FM: I only see this if they can't get Freddy and Jason again. He's doing a North American Tour so there's that. I think it's possible.

Jordan Peele movie next year: Might be the next marketing mandate house that Believer was. We'll see. Isn't he remaking People Under the Stairs?

That's all I've got for initial speculation. What do y'all think?
Glad I got you on the scream train also it was nice meeting you in person at the event on Halloween!

Reactions: Freak
John Murdy mentioned on Twitter a meeting in a super secret location for a super secret meeting with a super secret person about a super secret property for 2024
Thinking back to this, is it possible it might be Abel? I’d imagine it would have to be a super secret spot considering how famous he is and that a super secret property like DawnFM would be big.

So, I'll take some stabs at speculation:
  • House #1: Exterminatorz feels the most logical given all the reasons some of you have already brought up with Murdy's research.
  • House #3: Assuming we have the same amount of originals as previous years, and knowing Latin American houses are here to stay, I'm assuming this is our Latin American original. Maybe this time, there is a touch of agricultural influences rooted within the story of this house, with all the tree and flower references Murdy is seemingly hinting towards from his recent tweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Assuming House #3 is the Latin American (like how we are with House #1 being the Scarezone to House transplant [or I guess, the Scarezone to Tram to House transplant]) house; then looking at the significance to that of certain trees, two comes to mind; and that is the Palo Santo and the La Ceiba.

The Palo Santo, otherwise known as the Holy Wood tree; is known more properly as a tree that is meant for a tool in burning, for that of the Spiritual ceremony of Cleansing to negative energy. It is also used in some tribes as a means to connect the spirit of ourselves alongside that of our Creator.

The La Ceiba (or Kapok), is known however much more prominently; as the Sacred Tree of Life. The La Ceiba can be found in that of Mexico, but alongside that of Central America and the Caribbean's. The La Ceiba's significance is actively much more important to that of Latin American tradition; with Mayans, Amazonians, in other places such as Puerto Rico.

In the case of the La Ceiba, Mayans considered it as that of a link of sorts. To that of Heaven, Earth, and of what was below of Earth. In Puerto Rican customs, it is seen as a ladder for the deceased to travel to the Afterlife.

I think when looking to what Murdy spoke with House 3, the key lies to that of what exactly is being planted; in that of the trees and of the flowers that are connected to them.

EDIT:

Adding one more in--and I am going to give credit where it is due. From Twisted_Thrills on Theme Park Stop's Discord, they brought up another tree altogether; that being of the Protium Copal.

Protium Copal is more commonly used, via the resin within the trees for Offrendas; primarily around that of guiding the soul through that of the aroma. The Wheelbarrows could be then seen as flower planters; with Twisted bringing up that of Marigolds, and their importance to that of Dia De Los Muertos.

It is also good to note of La Catrina, in how she debuted for the 2023 HHN season in the Plaza.

Last edited:
Oh right, almost forgot to say:

I think EDR is the last time we will see WB at HHN for house content in the immediate future. I think SFCorp is gonna have their hands firm on it, especially with the upcoming CF/SF merger.
I’m actually of the opposite mind… no source on this but I don’t think WB wants to oversaturate their proprieties now that CF is in the picture.

————-

Also happy to be entering an era in which we look forward to HHN getting better and better instead of wondering whether the quality will decrease.

I’m actually of the opposite mind… no source on this but I don’t think WB wants to oversaturate their proprieties now that CF is in the picture.

See--If it wasn't for the fact that the merged company is going to maintain that of the Six Flags brand; and that they have insisted in their marketing that they want to expand the IP they have as it is to include more, I would agree. But I think The Conjuring and Saw is pointing the way to where I think SFMM is gonna go at it to go for more IP.

I want to be wrong--it's been high time for Nightmare to come back, but I don't see it IMO.

Didn't even think about it, but CF merger may actually get us some KSF level mazes in Fright Fest. In that case, I wouldn't be too angry about WB projects being over there -- again, that is IF and ONLY IF -- they are of KSF quality. With that in mind, we still need IT, Conjuring/Anabelle/The Nun, Gremlins (easy way to re-dress the Chucky AAs, honestly), House of Wax, Lost Boys, Beetlejuice (!!! part 2 is coming next year, c'mon, let's try this again!), and longshot Arkham Asylum.

Reactions: TableYe and Freak
Also happy to be entering an era in which we look forward to HHN getting better and better instead of wondering whether the quality will decrease.
If 2022 was the first genuine year of Improvements (in that of house quality and atmosphere quality alongside the addition of the Murder and Death Eaters), and 2023 being the Year of the Terror Tram in enhancements; I genuinely think it's finally time for us to look at Scarezones. I wanna see us go to the lengths that Orlando and Singapore does.

I also am very excited to see where the improvements go beyond scarezones too.

Reactions: TableYe