Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I surprisingly like it A LOT more than I thought I would! If anything had to replace ToT, I'm glad this it it. I can't wait for a similar ride at WDW (not an overlay of ToT of course he he).

Last edited:
Not going to watch the video because of spoilers, but can anyone see where in relation to the shaft the "power generator" scene is? Is it right where the open doors at or right above it?

Not going to watch the video because of spoilers, but can anyone see where in relation to the shaft the "power generator" scene is? Is it right where the open doors at or right above it?

It appears to be the old corridor scene.

Overall I like it, has some good humor but not the biggest fan of the screen scenes. Feels kind of short though, but so was the previous TOT.

Unfunny, meandering and chaotic. There's good intentions all over the place but none of it syncs up. The queue has good ideas and an actual terrific idea for a preshow, showing GotG bickering with each other.

But it's not funny. None of their "jokes" land. A Stan Lee cameo lands but it's Stan Lee... of course it lands. Everything he does is hilarious.

The preshow has an excellent Rocket Raccoon AA who also doesn't say anything funny. The story pointed here is a little more sensible than I thought it would be, but again: there's just not much. (Walkman effect at the end is decent as well)

Boiler room is literally the old ToT one with some new lighting and props. Gross.

Then we get to the ride. When the shadow effects are the best part of the attraction, that's embarrassing. The rest of it is just an absolute, nonsensical mess. We're constantly in motion pinging from one area to the next, lost in the chaos of this ride with no laughs to be discerned. There's zero build-up and almost no coherent story to latch onto. At least ToT had pacing and a build-up... this is just a mess. Thrill junkies will like the intensity of the attraction, but what a downgrade. They clearly had no idea what to do with this, so they thought masking it with the film's "attitude" would work.

Look, I go to see Guardians of the Galaxy for laughs and action. This provided neither. Try again.

Reactions: chris.g and WAJAS
Unfunny, meandering and chaotic. There's good intentions all over the place but none of it syncs up. The queue has good ideas and an actual terrific idea for a preshow, showing GotG bickering with each other.

But it's not funny. None of their "jokes" land. A Stan Lee cameo lands but it's Stan Lee... of course it lands. Everything he does is hilarious.

The preshow has an excellent Rocket Raccoon AA who also doesn't say anything funny. The story pointed here is a little more sensible than I thought it would be, but again: there's just not much. (Walkman effect at the end is decent as well)

Boiler room is literally the old ToT one with some new lighting and props. Gross.

Then we get to the ride. When the shadow effects are the best part of the attraction, that's embarrassing. The rest of it is just an absolute, nonsensical mess. We're constantly in motion pinging from one area to the next, lost in the chaos of this ride with no laughs to be discerned. There's zero build-up and almost no coherent story to latch onto. At least ToT had pacing and a build-up... this is just a mess. Thrill junkies will like the intensity of the attraction, but what a downgrade. They clearly had no idea what to do with this, so they thought masking it with the film's "attitude" would work.

Look, I go to see Guardians of the Galaxy for laughs and action. This provided neither. Try again.

Oh did you get to go on the ride tonight?

I watched the POV along with everybody else in the thread.

It's kind of hard to judge something by pictures or a poorly done POV video without experiencing it in person. You wrote that like you had experienced it in person so my apologies for coming to the wrong conclusion. I hate to have things spew over from the VB thread but it was stated there to not make any assumptions just based on photos or video but that one needs to experience it in person before being so negative on a project.

It's kind of hard to judge something by pictures or a poorly done POV video without experiencing it in person. You wrote that like you had experienced it in person so my apologies for coming to the wrong conclusion. I hate to have things spew over from the VB thread but it was stated there to not make any assumptions just based on photos or video but that one needs to experience it in person before being so negative on a project.

I think everything I said in my post can be discerned from the videos as I was commenting on the ride's content. Those who have ridden have said similar things. There's a difference between that and make multiple posts in the Volcano Bay thread over and over about something that isn't finished yet, again, from not being within the park itself. This isn't about experiencing it in person, it's about managing criticism. If you want to play this game, I'm not going to go along with it. I'm sorry you disagree with what was said in that thread, but by no means did I say that you had to be there to make an opinion.

Reactions: chris.g
The pacing is definitely ... different. I'll admit I actually like the ride a lot more than I thought I would. I think the overlaid theming is successful. It really doesn't bother me that the boiler room is relatively unchanged because what's the point of changing it? They kept the same concept of riding a service elevator/gantry, so adding some new touches is really all you need. I just really can't reconcile with the new mood of the ride yet. It so high energy from the start with the music and the new lift/drop sequence and its so very jarring being used to ToT's pacing. I think the screens are really the weak link of the attraction. Simply because there really is no structure to those videos. And at the end of the ride you hear one of them say "Why thank them? They didn't do anything" which was funny at first, and now is now kind of bothering me. Like they are fully acknowledging that we, the riders, are not apart of the story and the ride is just all the characters running around, Scooby-Doo style. It definitely feels like they set up a good plot and then abandoned it as soon as the ride started. Not unlike what happens halfway through Frozen Ever After, IMO.

Some of you Orlando lifers may appreciate this reference. Apparently X-S Tech is now in the MCU:
DAtm-MPXkAA60gz.jpg

I seriously love this ride and I think it looks great. I was a firm hater of this ride at the beginning but now, it looks fantastic. I think a lot of the jokes land and the screens look great. I don't know what you guys are saying about how the story isn't cohesive, cause I think it's easy to follow. Guardians are on display. Rocket breaks out. You're going on a "tour" when Rocket recruits you. You get on service elevator. They all break out. They get away. Got the hell is that hard to follow?

Reactions: Latveria
I seriously love this ride and I think it looks great. I was a firm hater of this ride at the beginning but now, it looks fantastic. I think a lot of the jokes land and the screens look great. I don't know what you guys are saying about how the story isn't cohesive, cause I think it's easy to follow. Guardians are on display. Rocket breaks out. You're going on a "tour" when Rocket recruits you. You get on service elevator. They all break out. They get away. Got the hell is that hard to follow?

Its an overly passive ride. How does sitting in an elevator help them escape and why are they thanking you at the end? The soundtrack really added nothing to the ride.

Reactions: snayberry
Its an overly passive ride. How does sitting in an elevator help them escape and why are they thanking you at the end? The soundtrack really added nothing to the ride.
The music probably adds so much to the ride once your on it and music is literally Guardians of the galxy and I think it adds so much. And I won't even answers the first question you had cause Rocket explains it in the preshow

Reactions: Latveria
The music probably adds so much to the ride once your on it and music is literally Guardians of the galxy and I think it adds so much. And I won't even answers the first question you had cause Rocket explains it in the preshow

Yea I'm pretty sure Pat Benatar =/= GoTG and kinda descrediting to her own stardom and fame. But Rocket didn't need us to be in the elevator. He just needed to the elevator to get to the top.

They literally explain everything you just asked in the pre-show and on the ride Drax even says "why are we thanking them, they did nothing" as a joke.

But Rocket didn't need us to be in the elevator. He just needed to the elevator to get to the top.

During the ride they do a "scan" that permits the elevator to go up. Rocket (who is riding on the top of the gantry) needs human hands since his wont scan and he'd be caught. It's all explained.