Godzilla Ride? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm trying to find an image of something that can possibly take the place of the disaster train. Its a moving platfrom, I first saw it before last years IAAPA convention. Does anyone know what I am speaking about?

like here, the 3 Preshow rooms would actauly be the ComicCon thing from last year and then you enter these Transport 'Busses' and you travel into the room where the 2 screens would be. You'd actauly have front projection and back

projection implicating practical and Digital and your on the Golden Gate Bridge. You hear the sounds of Godzilla and the Mutos from a distance but on the bridge. Then, you see Godzilla Coming out from underground but theres prop

vechicles around you (Attached to Kuka Arms. Godzilla is shown and one of the Mutos is coming to fight him. The military is also there trying to distroy both Godzilla and one of the Mutos and Godzilla Grabs one end of the Golden

Gate and that gets riped. Your 'Bus' would tilt but the cars would be moving to the 'busses' and in the last second, Escape from Godzilla and the Mutos in the nick of time. Then once you unload, you see a video of your exprience

and what happened after the Fight. That'd make a terrifying and unique exprience that Universsal could do VERY well.

Still cant find it, but imagine something like this on track

Could replace the train in godzilla and make for a cool attraction. an open space one where you can look all around you.

However, TNMT for Disaster (turn it into a sewer system and have some kind of ride/show) and MIB for Godzilla dark ride would be 100x better IMO

Simtec%20HEXaFLITE%20Launch%20800.jpg

Still cant find it, but imagine something like this on track

Could replace the train in godzilla and make for a cool attraction. an open space one where you can look all around you.

However, TNMT for Disaster (turn it into a sewer system and have some kind of ride/show) and MIB for Godzilla dark ride would be 100x better IMO

Simtec%20HEXaFLITE%20Launch%20800.jpg

The reason why i'm going to say no on TMNT is there already is TMNT at that Nick hotel and thats in the orlando area.

The reason why i'm going to say no on TMNT is there already is TMNT at that Nick hotel and thats in the orlando area.

Good point.

Btw, i forgot who spoke about the prometheus show/ride concept. An alien encounter/carousel of progression type of ride would be cool. it would be a great if they can make the stage in the middle like alien encounter but it changes to new scenes. Imagine a room like this

prometheusmovie6812.jpg

Alright, getting off track, we're talking about godzilla right?

:focus:

If it'll be a disaster replacement I highly doubt they will replace the RVs. They are high capacity, already have a program ready and fit the theme. All you really have to add is a rethemed facade/preshow rooms, 360 screens and a ride film. I say the golden bridge idea is the way to go because it's from the movie and it'll make for a cool experience. This would be a very cheap and effective new E ticket if they pull it off right. There won't be a a high restriction either

I don't think Toho would allow Universal to just have Godzilla in a rehashed ride system or to have the Godzilla I.P at all. (As much as i'd a want a ride of it) Toho is really thick when it comes to that stuff, I know Universal is more than capable of pulling it off but Toho is really hard to convince. Hell Godzilla (2014) has been in production since after Final Wars came out.

Last edited:
I don't think Toho would allow Universal to just have Godzilla in a rehashed ride system or to have the Godzilla I.P at all. (As much as i'd a want a ride of it) Toho is really thick when it comes to that stuff, I know Universal is more than capable of pulling it off but Toho is really hard to convince. Hell Godzilla (2014) has been in production since after Final Wars came out.

I could be wrong but dont the own a part of the studio that made godzilla? I think they might have some of the rights

I could be wrong but dont the own a part of the studio that made godzilla? I think they might have some of the rights
Legendary has moved with Universal. Gareth Edwards said Godzilla will most likely stay with Warner Bros (and of course Toho). Even though Legendary funded a huge part of the new film.

Last edited:
Ok that makes sense, I still see this happening though because of warner bros and potter. If warner bros funds a 360 video and makes it just the way they want it, Universal has to use it. In that case its more of a warner bros ride, creative would just have to program and design everything around it. Hope universal becomes great friends with warner bros in the future so they could use more of their properties in the future. I would love a horrible bosses 2 show to replace twister

Ok that makes sense, I still see this happening though because of warner bros and potter. If warner bros funds a 360 video and makes it just the way they want it, Universal has to use it. In that case its more of a warner bros ride, creative would just have to program and design everything around it. Hope universal becomes great friends with warner bros in the future so they could use more of their properties in the future. I would love a horrible bosses 2 show to replace twister

I think Universal needs to be in a good standing with Toho. Universal can do it but it will take some time. I hope it's not just some 360-3D rehash. A Soarin type attraction for Godzilla would be amazing.

Ted is the only R-rated comedy with a shot at getting an attraction at ANY theme park aside from Blues Brothers and potentially Animal House if they ever decide to build a GMR-style attraction :lol: any show Universal adds would be a hard PG/light PG-13 during regular hours since plenty of parents would think "OOH teddy bear, Timmy will love it!!" :p I'm just anticipating what a nightmare that would be.

I could see a hard R version as part of HHN though.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Universal needs to be in a good standing with Toho. Universal can do it but it will take some time. I hope it's not just some 360-3D rehash. A Soarin type attraction for Godzilla would be amazing.

Personally I'd take either... both would be a worthy replacement of Disaster IMHO. The park has given up on the filmmaking aspect for the most part and switched to the "real world locales" motif. Godzilla would actually bring San Francisco to life

Ted is the only R-rated comedy with a shot at getting an attraction at ANY theme park aside from Blues Brothers and potentially Animal House if they ever decide to build a GMR-style attraction :lol: any show Universal adds would be a hard PG/light PG-13 during regular hours since plenty of parents would think "OOH teddy bear, Timmy will love it!!" :p I'm just anticipating what a nightmare that would be.

I could see a hard R version as part of HHN though.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'd take either... both would be a worthy replacement of Disaster IMHO. The park has given up on the filmmaking aspect for the most part and switched to the "real world locales" motif. Godzilla would actually bring San Francisco to life
I'm joking!!!! Also disaster is going to get replaced by something it'll have to be a 360 ride. No way in hell are they going to demolish a perfectly good ride system and it's surroundings

I'm joking!!!! Also disaster is going to get replaced by something it'll have to be a 360 ride. No way in hell are they going to demolish a perfectly good ride system and it's surroundings

That would really suck then. Disaster is one of the few rides left that uses completely practical special effects and that I can watch with my own two eyes without the help
of glasses. While Kong 360 may be cool as part of an informative hour-long tour full of other attractions, I fail to see what would be cool about it as a standalone attraction. Im not against 3-D by any means, but I am wary of the balance being tipped too far toward 3-D rides at the Studios.

Reactions: A Brittany
That would really suck then. Disaster is one of the few rides left that uses completely practical special effects and that I can watch with my own two eyes without the help
of glasses. While Kong 360 may be cool as part of an informative hour-long tour full of other attractions, I fail to see what would be cool about it as a standalone attraction. Im not against 3-D by any means, but I am wary of the balance being tipped too far toward 3-D rides at the Studios.

Thank you for this...

I completely agree. Disaster, as dated as it may be for us, many people who do not go as often as we do would find the effects and preshows as a great attraction. One of the great things about it is that it is an impressive physical set. You look like you are in a real subway, a truck falls down towards you and there is a flash flood. Although it would be difficult to incorporate a godzilla AA in that space, I believe that the ride turning into a 360 3d attraction would take away form the magic and is just a quick, cheap overlay.

Just a thought, but What would be impressive for me is if they can put digital screens on the floor so it does look like you are on the bridge in san fran and to the side it looks like you are above water, then they can just add the godzilla head and arms to the attraction and make it look like he is near you. Or, make the ride into a TMNT ride in the sewers and get ride of san fran completely and make it apart of NY.

getting off topic, but I do agree with Tyler, the physical sets and not utilizing 3D is great.

It could easily be a 3-4 minute ride with just jaw dropping moments if they wanted it to be. I agree it sucks to see practical effects go away for a 360 ride but atleast it wasn't a giant ride everybody loves like MIB going down.

I've only been on disaster twice and that's for a reason. The final part is awesome but the crap you have to get through to get to that part is painful. Audience participation is the lowest form of a live show. It requires no effort to embarrass somebody in front of a giant crowd. I don't care that it's done in a creative way like this, I still find it lazy and just a way to get cheap laughs. Even the final part is ruined because a "stage manager" is saying "SCREAM!!!" the entire time

Overall I see it's getting dated and I deserves a facelift. Screens or not I'm happy this is on the chopping block

It could easily be a 3-4 minute ride with just jaw dropping moments if they wanted it to be. I agree it sucks to see practical effects go away for a 360 ride but atleast it wasn't a giant ride everybody loves like MIB going down.

I've only been on disaster twice and that's for a reason. The final part is awesome but the crap you have to get through to get to that part is painful. Audience participation is the lowest form of a live show. It requires no effort to embarrass somebody in front of a giant crowd. I don't care that it's done in a creative way like this, I still find it lazy and just a way to get cheap laughs. Even the final part is ruined because a "stage manager" is saying "SCREAM!!!" the entire time

Overall I see it's getting dated and I deserves a facelift. Screens or not I'm happy this is on the chopping block

I say remove MIB and put godzilla.

- - - Updated - - -

not on the chopping block yet...

I'll say it is, how many times has this ride been rumored to be taken down?
Numerous times!

I have a soft spot for Earthquake/Disaster! because it's an Universal original, but will not shed a tear if it's replaced. If Kong, Jaws, and BTTF are replaceable, so is the dragged-out pre-show nonsense of Disaster! I really do love the grand finale because of the physical effects, but if you don't have a good seat, a lot of the effects are visually blocked due to poor seating arrangements.

With that said, I am a big Godzilla fan. So naturally, I fully support demoing Disaster! and/or Beetlejuice for a Godzilla attraction. The franchise has a very strong following, and would sell a helluva lot of merch. With the new movie(which killed it at the box office) taking place in San Francisco, a Godzilla attraction makes perfect sense!

Kong is cool, but that ape has nothing on the King of the Monsters!