Godzilla Ride? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As much as I would love a Godzilla ride it would be a marketing disaster trying to promote the new King Kong ride and then have an attraction based on the KING of Monsters. Which makes me think if it ever happened it would show up in Hollywood first. Not to mention three rides are replacing Waterworld, Castle Theater, and the Tram Garage after Potter opens.

I haven't seen a any Godzilla or Kong movies, yet I am excieted for such attractions :)

- - - Updated - - -

How popular is BMG actually? I really only know them from TV commercials.

First sit your butt down and watch some kong (20's or remake give or take, ride will be based on the remake) second it's fairly popular, I haven't seen it because I'm not really a city walk guy but I'm sure it's awesome. If it is replaced by anything it would be something like wicked or another long show for city walk to compete with la nouba

Save some money and have kong vs godzilla the ride.

Sounds cool, but you have to remember Kong was about 30 ft tall in the Jackson film, Godzilla is the size of a skyscraper.

The size of Godzilla makes a Kong 360 ride system implausible for me, as the scale wouldn't be conveyed on surrounding projection screens from ground level.

I think the only ride system that could work would be a view from a helicopter in flight, circling the path of destruction.

Last edited:
Sounds cool, but you have to remember Kong was about 30 ft tall in the Jackson film, Godzilla is the size of a skyscraper.

The size of Godzilla makes a Kong 360 ride system implausible for me, as the scale wouldn't be conveyed on surrounding projection screens from ground level.

I think the only way a ride system that could work would be a view from a helicopter in flight, circling the path of destruction.

Make it like the city part of E.T. But have way bigger buildings. You could fly through half demolished buildings, etc. at least have an AA head or both head and torso.

I think the only way a ride system that could work would be a view from a helicopter in flight, circling the path of destruction.

Possibly if it was in a eye level subway like the movie and kong? There are definitely ways to work around it so you aren't looking at his feet the entire time. He could also pick you up and fight a monster with you in his hands. Maybe to seem like Godzilla is saving you? That would be a awesome experience

One thing Ive noticed is that Universal does not currently have many attractions based on single films...Transformers, Terminator, Despicable Me, Shrek, The Mummy, Men in Black, Jurassic Park, and of course, Harry Potter, are all multi-film franchises. Kong is a single-film IP, but it already has proof of concept as a marketable theme park attraction (Kong 360 in Hollywood). I would guess that this IP would have to churn out a couple more successful movies before its considered ride material.

One thing Ive noticed is that Universal does not currently have many attractions based on single films...Transformers, Terminator, Despicable Me, Shrek, The Mummy, Men in Black, Jurassic Park, and of course, Harry Potter, are all multi-film franchises. Kong is a single-film IP, but it already has proof of concept as a marketable theme park attraction (Kong 360 in Hollywood). I would guess that this IP would have to churn out a couple more successful movies before its considered ride material.
Yeah I never realized that actually, kong even has 2 remakes under its belt. I say get it while it's hot like despicable me. Turn it out quick and let the sequels advertise the ride

Yeah I never realized that actually, kong even has 2 remakes under its belt. I say get it while it's hot like despicable me. Turn it out quick and let the sequels advertise the ride

The thing is, who is to define what's "hot"? Every summer a major blockbuster comes out, and Universal is certainly not going to make rides out of all of them. The real test would be how well Godzilla merch sells, how well it does on DVD, and how successful any potential (and probable) sequels are. If not, it could just become Avatar...even the highest-grossing movie of all time has somewhat fallen out of the realm of pop culture.

The thing is, who is to define what's "hot"? Every summer a major blockbuster comes out, and Universal is certainly not going to make rides out of all of them. The real test would be how well Godzilla merch sells, how well it does on DVD, and how successful any potential (and probable) sequels are. If not, it could just become Avatar...even the highest-grossing movie of all time has somewhat fallen out of the realm of pop culture.

I'd say that Godzilla merch is doing extremely well right now. I've gone looking in several stores that have usually carried a bunch of stuff in before the movie came out, and now I can't find anything. The big Jakks Pacific 24 inch tall, 43 inch long godzilla figure I was able to get a hold of for $31 is now going for up to $300 on eBay because they're so rare.

that is true but Godzilla is already a prominent face in pop culture even more than kong in some cases. This movie is doing insanely well as opening weekends go and when those toys come out kids are going to buy them by the truckload. If the studio pushes for one Godzilla movie for every two years then we are looking at a franchise that will be about as big or even bigger than Spider-Man or despicable me. The possibilities are endless

I'd say that Godzilla merch is doing extremely well right now. I've gone looking in several stores that have usually carried a bunch of stuff in before the movie came out, and now I can't find anything. The big Jakks Pacific 24 inch tall, 43 inch long godzilla figure I was able to get a hold of for $31 is now going for up to $300 on eBay because they're so rare.

I will say that's definitely in Godzilla's favor--he's well-known and the definitive movie monster. Godzilla will probably always sell well. That said, I still think Universal would wait for at least one sequel. No real reason why besides the simple fact that their other headliners come from multi-film franchises.

Almost $200 million world wide. Sequel already given the okay. I think Universal is already on this. Whether it sees the light of day in the parks, that's another story.

I hope everyone realizes that this is still a Warner Bros. movie, so Universal doesn't have automatic dibs. Sure, they can work something out like they did with Potter, and I hope they do since I've wanted a Godzilla ride for years, but let's not think this could come pretty soon.

I will say that's definitely in Godzilla's favor--he's well-known and the definitive movie monster. Godzilla will probably always sell well. That said, I still think Universal would wait for at least one sequel. No real reason why besides the simple fact that their other headliners come from multi-film franchises.

Yeah I think they'll wait for at least a sequel before we see anything happen in the parks or hear about anything. But yeah, these Godzilla toys are VERY good investments if you plan on reselling them because they will have changes in molds, availability, and color. When it comes to color, the Destruction City playset will have a version that comes with either grey, green, blue, or red buildings... Why the buildings are any color but grey is beyond me -_-

The sequel is definitely happening, a new design for mothra as already been made apparently. You guys also have to realize the closest this ride can come out (and that's even a stretch) is 2016. There will probably be another movie out by then

I found this concept artist, Larry Quach, and his idea for a Godzilla ride.

http://larryquachart.com/mecha-godzilla-the-ride/

MechaGodzillaRide1.jpg

MechaGodzillaRide2.jpg

Reactions: Jenstar
This would work for a good simulator but why not the Golden gate bridge scene? You can get a really good angle of 360 as you see Godzilla and fighting other monsters. It would work as that is in the San fransico area and there is one in the park. It'd be perfect for the park to invest.

I hope Universal gives the people what they want. I just don't want some 3d ride. Thats just me. I was something similar to the old Kong. Im sure a little forced perspective could go a long way...

That idea doesn't really work with the movies story, why would we fight Godzilla if he's a hero? Mecha Godzilla isn't even canon at this point. I'm with Alex show on this one that's a fantastic idea, especially if the golden gate slides off the bridge and Godzilla catches you, makes sense story wise so you don't have to change the theming of San Francisco and the subway. I say make the same story as kongfrontation, showing news clips of Godzilla in the city in the line then live the action inside. Possibly have a giant Godzilla for the facade? I think disaster is the way to go

Reactions: Jenstar