Godzilla Ride? | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
I thought I'd start a thread to talk about the possibility of a new ride just so it doesn't eat up any other threads. So what will it be guys? Yay or nay? Location? Discuss

Last edited:
I was honestly imagining one in my head last night. It would be nice to fit in somewhere into the New York section but that area is kinda thematically ****ed. It could eat up a few sound stages/twister depending what kinda size they were looking at. Or build a trans-dimensional portal so they can open a 3rd gate.

I was honestly imagining one in my head last night. It would be nice to fit in somewhere into the New York section but that area is kinda thematically ****ed. It could eat up a few sound stages/twister depending what kinda size they were looking at. Or build a trans-dimensional portal so they can open a 3rd gate.

I'm just gonna say 360 3D for disaster, replacement for twister or 3rd gate. Could work for all 3. I'm pretty sure we will get one though because universal owns the studio that made it and it's going to be a giant hit. Midnight release got 10 million dollars, that's huge!!!

I know the movie is good and it's doing well, hell, it will probably do well for three movies but I think that's about it. I just don't think it has any staying power as a HP or LOTR.

You mean to tell me that Godzilla, who has been around for 60 years, doesn't have the staying power like Harry Potter and LOTR?

:inquisitive:
Yeah really it'll revive itself time after time like transformers. Even with this new movie we are looking at a giant series. Sequels are already being planned as we speak (please Mothra and gihdora)

A replacement for Disaster makes the most sense when you consider one of the set-pieces involves a vehicle that looks VERY similiar to the one in Disaster :look: after KidZone, this is probably the next semi-major addition for USF before the big addition between MIB and Springfield

I might be looking too into it, but did anyone else notice the name of the mining company in the opening scenes in the philipines?

Universal mining company

A replacement for Disaster makes the most sense when you consider one of the set-pieces involves a vehicle that looks VERY similiar to the one in Disaster :look: after KidZone, this is probably the next semi-major addition for USF before the big addition between MIB and Springfield

I say this could be the 2016 attraction. If you think about it they have the structure in disaster ready they just have to make a new queue, preshow and screens to go around the vehicle. It's not that expensive of a transformation, like despicable me level

I think F&F is all but a lock to be the Disaster overlay in a few years.

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, and I'm on my phone right now so I can't post it.. But last year or the year before at Comic-Con there was a walkthrough type attraction/show for Godzilla. Something like that in a bigger scale could work at Twister, IMO.

I think F&F is all but a lock to be the Disaster overlay in a few years.

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, and I'm on my phone right now so I can't post it.. But last year or the year before at Comic-Con there was a walkthrough type attraction/show for Godzilla. Something like that in a bigger scale could work at Twister, IMO.

I was thinking that too but then again I think the walkthrough attraction is dead. There has never been a good one and how would you make a good one based off a giant monster?

Since Kong was originally planned to replace Disaster, then it should not be too hard to just translate that plan to Godzilla.
I have never seen any Godzilla movie, but I can imagine that even for people who are not into the movies the attraction would be tempting.
Now Pacific Rim I did see and that was awesome, but Godzilla has more staying power I guess.

Yeah, this Godzilla movie made me into a Godzilla fan, and I know that's the case for a bunch of other people as well. I feel like this new Godzilla movie and it's inevitable sequels will have almost if not the same momentum as the Transformers trilogy did.

This new film is based in San Fransisco.

Close Beetlejuice and make him and the CLASSIC monsters regular Meet-and-Greets in front of the Monsters Cafe. Frank and Bride, Drac, and Wolfman 20 minutes each, with Beets at the front of the park or in Hollywood. We could also put folks like that in front of Horror Makeup, where we occasionally see classic monsters meet anyways.

DEMOLISH Disaster and the Beetlejuice theatre and build a BRAND NEW Godzilla attraction.

This means we have no proper stage musical production in the parks, so close the misplaced Twister to open a Broadway themed musical stage show in New York.

You're welcome, Universal. I'll expect my check in the mail.

Reactions: Jenstar
This new film is based in San Fransisco.

Close Beetlejuice and make him and the CLASSIC monsters regular Meet-and-Greets in front of the Monsters Cafe. Frank and Bride, Drac, and Wolfman 20 minutes each, with Beets at the front of the park or in Hollywood. We could also put folks like that in front of Horror Makeup, where we occasionally see classic monsters meet anyways.

DEMOLISH Disaster and the Beetlejuice theatre and build a BRAND NEW Godzilla attraction.

This means we have no proper stage musical production in the parks, so close the misplaced Twister to open a Broadway themed musical stage show in New York.

You're welcome, Universal. I'll expect my check in the mail.

Or annex BMG back to USF and make that were they put on stage shows.

Since Kong was originally planned to replace Disaster, then it should not be too hard to just translate that plan to Godzilla.
I have never seen any Godzilla movie, but I can imagine that even for people who are not into the movies the attraction would be tempting.
Now Pacific Rim I did see and that was awesome, but Godzilla has more staying power I guess.

Godzilla defined the giant monster and I bet you no giant monster has ever been made without Godzilla in mind. It's such a iconic character that's getting a batch of new movies soon so I definitely see this coming

- - - Updated - - -

Or annex BMG back to USF and make that were they put on stage shows.

Annexing blue man group isn't a option, seriously where did this rumor come from?

Godzilla defined the giant monster and I bet you no giant monster has ever been made without Godzilla in mind. It's such a iconic character that's getting a batch of new movies soon so I definitely see this coming

Yeah, that is what I mean, it is widely known and you don't have to be into it to get 'into' it as a ride. I think that the potential for this is actually better than Harry Potter for instance, because you can easily visualize a Godzilla scenario and imagine it as a great ride.

"So what is is about?"
"Giant creature terrorizing man!"
"And they made a ride of it?"
Yeah!"

There is temptation here, something like Harry Potter you cannot explain the same way, with the same simplicity.
Transformers works for the same reason and is easier to get into than Spiderman, same for Kong.

I haven't seen a any Godzilla or Kong movies, yet I am excieted for such attractions :)

- - - Updated - - -

Annexing blue man group isn't a option, seriously where did this rumor come from?

How popular is BMG actually? I really only know them from TV commercials.