Ghostbusters | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You keep throwing the 74% out there like that has anything to do with the quality of the movie. It's average score is 6.6, which I would say it's actual score would be lower is you don't count the reviews calling out trolls and sexists because they clearly can't give an opinion without bias

It's kind of hard to jump to conclusions negative or positive this early. Once the movie is actually playing and we get the real world response from the general public then I think we'll get a better idea of how well it's going to do.

I'm personally kind of torn on this. I have no intention of seeing it, but if I choose to simply think of it as an elaborate plot to get me Ecto Cooler than I guess I can be okay with it.:)

My guess is that fanboys wanted this movie to fail in the same way that the Fantastic Four reboot of last year was both a critical and financial disaster. But from what I can tell, critics are being much more favorable and are not falling in line with what a lot of people on the internet had hoped to see. A large portion of trolls want this movie to fail just for the sake of failing. The fact that this film is not being universally raked over the coals is only going to them enrage them more. I can almost guarantee you that the audience ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are going to be artificially lowered by people who haven't even seen the movie just because they want to take it down a peg.

My guess is that fanboys wanted this movie to fail in the same way that the Fantastic Four reboot of last year was both a critical and financial disaster. But from what I can tell, critics are being much more favorable and are not falling in line with what a lot of people on the internet had hoped to see. A large portion of trolls want this movie to fail just for the sake of failing. The fact that this film is not being universally raked over the coals is only going to them enrage them more. I can almost guarantee you that the audience ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are going to be artificially lowered by people who haven't even seen the movie just because they want to take it down a peg.
This exactly

Just got back from Ghostbusters and no spoilers from me, I enjoyed it ! It is a Ghostbusters movie lots of laughs (well I laughed and so did everyone else there so something must have been right) Lots of ghosts and I mean lots way more busting with plenty of funny moments the cameos were there and plenty of nods to what came before. The effects were excellent the advantages of having modern vfx certainly showed through overall I would give it 5 thumbs up out of 5. I went in with no expectations but came out impressed with the job they had done and it certainly sets things up for a sequel if they get one.

I was honestly expecting this to be a total flop. I thought the trailers looked pretty bad and just had a bad overall vibe.

I'm still a bit skeptical about the good reviews since I think some don't want to be seen as being sexist and others will be getting paid to give positive feedback but as more of the general are giving good reviews, I'm feeling more optimistic and hoping that I'll be proved wrong about it.

I was honestly expecting this to be a total flop. I thought the trailers looked pretty bad and just had a bad overall vibe.

I'm still a bit skeptical about the good reviews since I think some don't want to be seen as being sexist and others will be getting paid to give positive feedback but as more of the general are giving good reviews, I'm feeling more optimistic and hoping that I'll be proved wrong about it.
Not all the reviews are good. Like you I'm a little skeptical of reviews merely trying to play into the story that has overshadowed this movie as well as reviewers who want maintain a favorable relationship with the studio. I never really listen to reviews normally anyway though.

I said two years ago I thought this movie had the potential to be one of the most hated movies of all time and I don't see anything that has changed that. There will certainly be an audience for it though. How well or how poorly it does is really irrelevant.

Reactions: Scott W.
Not all the reviews are good. Like you I'm a little skeptical of reviews merely trying to play into the story that has overshadowed this movie as well as reviewers who want maintain a favorable relationship with the studio. I never really listen to reviews normally anyway though.

I said two years ago I thought this movie had the potential to be one of the most hated movies of all time and I don't see anything that has changed that. There will certainly be an audience for it though. How well or how poorly it does is really irrelevant.

I take most aggregate reviews online with a massive grain of salt now. I watched Beverly Hills Cop 2 yesterday and it's sitting with a 46% on Rotten Tomatoes and in no way does it deserve this low of a score.

Reactions: s8film40
I take most aggregate reviews online with a massive grain of salt now. I watched Beverly Hills Cop 2 yesterday and it's sitting with a 46% on Rotten Tomatoes and in no way does it deserve this low of a score.
Works pretty well for me. Below 60% is usual a rental for me. Below 40% maybe free TV. 30% and below I've learned to skip. (On the other hand, I've seen movies that had rotten trailers that got good scores that made me glad to see them. The 'Iron Giant' immediately comes to mind)

I saw this tonight and I enjoyed it immensely. I literally was laughing from the first minute all the way to the end. Full disclosure: I loved Ghostbusters 1 and 2 growing up but also have really enjoyed Paul Feig's comedies so the humor is absolutely right up my alley.

Kate McKinnon stole the freakin' show, but seriously all the leads added something to the film. I'd say all the weakest parts were in the trailer but there are laughs in what was expanded upon in these scenes. I didn't even mind the villain, even though I had heard he was a real weak point from a majority of criticisms before.

The only part that's slightly conflicting is what keeps the movie from being even better is the fan service worked in. The cameos are fun but do take you out of the movie. It would have been a hard sell without some of them (imagine marketing with no Stay Puft or Slimer), but I think there's a better movie in there without them.

I'm honestly surprised it found such a stride it's first go-around with the chemistry, humor, and GHOSTS, and a sequel could be even better. This was truly a Ghostbusters movie through and through and that's all I could have asked for. Also, this will look FANTASTIC on Blu-ray.

I would give it 4/5.

I still think it was a huge missed opportunity to not mix up the gang, but nice to see initial fears were overblown. I like 3/4 of the cast so they didn't deserve the amount of venom they were getting (Bad trailers aside).

I saw it today and... I really enjoyed it! It definately had some issues but overall it was really fun. I'd say it's worth seeing. Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth were definately the highlights.