Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Red carpet premiere is this week ...
I worked the awful 2016 reboot premiere. Only two good things came out of suffering that day:

- EctoCooler
- logo tshirt

Just dug up these 2 pics from work that day:
1000009907.jpg
1000009906.jpg
I looked terrible so I cropped my tired-self out lol. I'm surprised I didn't take a pic of the "Firehouse arch" they had or the Ecto-1.

But yea, I would love to work the Frozen Empire premiere. I'm very curious to see what they do for its setup. I'm expecting it'll be "chilling"

Re-watched Ghostbusters 2 last night ... wonder if the baby (grown up) will be in this new movie haha.

Ray's Occult Books would have been a perfect HHN tribute store , but too similar to last year's

1000010230.jpg

Also three things have been said post-premiere:
- The expected tribute exists
- There is a Mid-Credit Scene, but no post.
- A LOT of footage seen in the trailers was not actually in the final film. That's nothing new, but maybe possible extended cut on bluray?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Saw the movie today, it was fun! Not perfect, was a little too short and was a bit overstuffed. Reminded me a bit of TASM 2 (I personally love that movie so it's kind of a compliment) with it's issues. I would recommend it personally. It's quick and really entertaining so I think a lot of people will like it

Last edited:
Just finished it! Really enjoyed it! Like everyone said, It wasn’t perfect, but it did its job. It didn’t feel like a “member-berries” movie and actually felt like a legitimate sequel. I just wanted to see a new Ghostbusters movie set in New York with the original cast, the new ones, and a new villain. It was made for the fans and I appreciated it.

Now Universal…get going on that Ghostbusters ride.

The big bad and all of its related lore was the best part , still laughing about it

Original crew were used perfectly in supporting roles

Reactions: Wesker69
Now that I've rested properly and got a lot of my errands out of the way, I want to expand more on my initial thoughts. What I liked and then felt like could've been better.

What I really liked about Frozen Empire was how they touched more on the horror aspects than Afterlife did. That was something I really wanted to see more in a Ghostbusters sequel. I was pleasantly surprised with some of the creepy imagery and how unsettling the main villain looked.

To me, I felt like the biggest flaws of the movie were a bit more of a reliance on the new cast than the old one. I get wanting "new blood" and I guess the OGs (Especially Murray) weren't as excited to be in it as they once were, but it would've been nice to see a little more of that.

The biggest flaws for me....number one, the climax was a bit underwhelming. Like, I wanted to see Garrakah do some serious destruction that wasn't isolated to the firehouse.

Finally it was clearly following the exact same formula as the OG movie. Like, it's possible to have a solid new villain and not have to follow the exact same beats as the first movie. Like, come on.
But like I said earlier, I still enjoyed it. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece and it didn't need to be. I just wanted a proper sequel that didn't shy away from the horror aspects while also being a supernatural comedy first and foremost. It did its job. While I prefer they just give the franchise a rest lest it gets *blue* milked into oblivion like Star Wars, if they bring back at least Ackroyd and Hudson one last time and get Bill to do at least a couple of scenes, I'll probably see it. But I feel like it should be the last. Knowing Sony, that's not how they're gonna operate though.

Can Podcast at least get a spin-off series or movie? .....Ray is already his subscriber lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Frozen Empire has an extended cut on bluray

***EDIT: They do apparently have future films/stories already in the "possibility" department. No surprise. I think ONE last outing would be enough. I'd rather get another one now instead of 35-40 years from now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
Really, really loved it! Will need a few more viewings as for whether or not I prefer Afterlife or Frozen Empire but FE is a really fun time that just breezed through its run time for me.

I was afraid the Spengler family (especially Pheobe) would be treated as after thoughts but they each had strong performances. The OG crew were fun returns, Akroyd's Ray Stantz is legitimately one of the better bright spots of FE. After being done a little dirty in Afterlife he really gets to be a proud, gleeful dad in FE and it was super fun seeing him ham it up and deliver some trademark supernatural jargon. That said I'm honestly at the point where I'd be okay if Bill sat the next one out. Unless he wants the check and legit enjoys being on the set I can life with him being on vacation for a movie or two (he 1000% does not need to be sacrificed ala Han Solo).The newcomers also breath some nice fresh air into this installment with Patton Oswalt and Kumali Ali Nanjiani being great in their roles. James Acaster especially is great as a head GB engineer and I'd love to see that character return in the future.

Story wise I'm so glad we've finally gotten a new big bad, new plot elements and an expansion of GB tech and world building. The biggest con to Afterlife was just how much of it relied on a rehashing of the original 84 story of Gozer. It was delightful to see a new, chilling adversary that brought the supernatural spooks for real!

I can see that Frozen Empire will undoubtedly bring the cynics out but that's par for the course with the nature of the Internet. As a life long Ghostbusters fan, I had a good time and this one doesn't infringe upon any good will of the franchise at all, IMO. And I can't say that about every franchise I've loved since childhood (glares at Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny).