General Reality TV Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep, they're down. Im not normally a feedster, how long for Noms? 45 min? Not sure if I should go pick up beers or not lol

Usually an hour or so in previous seasons, so you should have some time to make a run :lol:
Alrighty off to Brissel Brothers we go! Worried for my fav here but we shall see.

I have to say I think they nailed the cast though. While everyone is on different levels, theres still a reason to go for anybody. Its fun!

Reactions: Tbad556
Usually an hour or so in previous seasons (maybe a little longer with it being the first of the season), so you should have some time to make a run :lol:
Not sure if first of the season really makes much difference. These guys have all been through this before (sans David). I was gonna say this should be quicker, but CBS seems to be running a skeleton production crew.

Like legit not even close or fair!!! No wonder it was only Nicole and Christmas to make it thru. CBS's sexism showing early this season :thumbsdown:

Not really sexism judging by rest of episode. The whole thing didn't seem well thought out (women got hard puzzle and guys got easy, HOH challenge you could see pads still moving from previous run when the next one started, and them having that have not room locked). It was probably they didn't want to put to 2 harder puzzles next to each other and didn't realize how bad it looked.

1st season watching do I need to watch the live cams or am I good to just watch episodes and they will fill me in? Decided to give it a try as my reality shows are a no go this season (survivor and challenge).

1st season watching do I need to watch the live cams or am I good to just watch episodes and they will fill me in? Decided to give it a try as my reality shows are a no go this season (survivor and challenge).
The feeds are typically the best perspective of what's really happening. The show covers the main stuff typically, but they also make sure to frame/edit things in certain lights at times to either make someone look better/worse or portray a certain story. I once heard someone say that the feeds are the "book" and the show is the "movie". Both give you the story, but the feeds give you the fullest picture. There's also plenty of twitter accounts you can follow for updates if you'd rather just get the cliff notes since it can get time consuming :lol:

It's truly a matter of preference though. The show is just like watching Survivor as I'm sure there's plenty of game and additional moments happening on the island that we're completely oblivious to since there are no feeds. The feeds just give an extra layer to the game with way more strategy talk since the show usually only has time for the competitions, ceremonies, and a few key moments.

Reactions: DeadSexeh
Not really sexism judging by rest of episode. The whole thing didn't seem well thought out (women got hard puzzle and guys got easy, HOH challenge you could see pads still moving from previous run when the next one started, and them having that have not room locked). It was probably they didn't want to put to 2 harder puzzles next to each other and didn't realize how bad it looked.

You can just watch the episodes. With this being your first season, idk if i'd dive right in to feeds, especially since they can consume you. However, it is worth mentioning that there's a free one month trial to CBS All Access right now, so you could sign up for that and just check it out if you wanted. If you don't really have time for the feeds though, but do want to know what's happening outside of the episodes, I recommend you listen to the feed updates from Rob Has a Podcast (just search on youtube), which are a daily thing to my knowledge that just recaps the main events that happened.

Feeds are back.
Seems like Keesha and Kevin were indeed nominated. Both are crying. Kaysar looks furious. Cody seems like he feels crazy guilty. No fighting. He's consoling Kevin right now. Keesha thinks Kevin is the pawn and she's the target.

Honestly, I feel like Cody and Kevin are both playing a terrible social game so far. I liked Kevin in his original season, but he's coming across as a newbie surrounded by legends with all of the asking for advice, wanting Janelle to teach him how to play, etc. Cody just seems like he's word vomiting in the worst way and his lies are too obvious. It seems like Keesha is reading him like a book.

Feeds are back.
Seems like Keesha and Kevin were indeed nominated. Both are crying. Kaysar looks furious. Cody seems like he feels crazy guilty. No fighting. He's consoling Kevin right now. Keesha thinks Kevin is the pawn and she's the target.

Honestly, I feel like Cody and Kevin are both playing a terrible social game so far. I liked Kevin in his original season, but he's coming across as a newbie surrounded by legends with all of the asking for advice, wanting Janelle to teach him how to play, etc. Cody just seems like he's word vomiting in the worst way and his lies are too obvious.
Kevin I think feels a bit out of place and doesn’t have as good of relationships outside of the game with these people as many have. It’s been a struggle for him.

Cody though has had an inexcusable HOH, really. He never did the whole “invite everyone up for one on ones” thing, so it’s obvious who he’s aligned with because they’re really the only people talking to him. He missed on getting Kaysar/Janelle nom’d (thankfully) since they caught on that they weren’t safe.

I hope keesha comes down with the POV and Cody is forced to put someone else up (probably Memphis).

Kevin I think feels a bit out of place and doesn’t have as good of relationships outside of the game with these people as many have. It’s been a struggle for him.

Cody though has had an inexcusable HOH, really. He never did the whole “invite everyone up for one on ones” thing, so it’s obvious who he’s aligned with because they’re really the only people talking to him. He missed on getting Kaysar/Janelle nom’d (thankfully) since they caught on that they weren’t safe.

I hope keesha comes down with the POV and Cody is forced to put someone else up (probably Memphis).

Oh, absolutely and I genuinely like Kevin and do feel for him. I just think he may be playing the scared puppy card too openly.

Couldn't agree more on Cody. He's just missing all of the key moments and like you said, his alliances couldn't be any more obvious, especially with Nicole F. I was definitely worried about Kaysar & Janelle for a hot second too lol.

I'd love that. Realistically, I think no matter what, I'm going to be sad nearly every week as eliminations happen, so it is what it is :lol: That's what excites me about this season though.

Sidebar: They need to get the temperature in the house under control so the HGs can talk about literally anything else lmao. I'm sure finally getting the backyard open will help. I need them to stop cutting away from Janelle's storytime sessions too.

Oh, absolutely and I genuinely like Kevin and do feel for him. I just think he may be playing the scared puppy card too openly.

Couldn't agree more on Cody. He's just missing all of the key moments and like you said, his alliances couldn't be any more obvious, especially with Nicole F. I was definitely worried about Kaysar & Janelle for a hot second too lol.

I'd love that. Realistically, I think no matter what, I'm going to be sad nearly every week as eliminations happen, so it is what it is :lol: That's what excites me about this season though.

Sidebar: They need to get the temperature in the house under control so the HGs can talk about literally anything else lmao. I'm sure finally getting the backyard open will help. I need them to stop cutting away from Janelle's storytime sessions too.
The backyard may be limited this season. With the HOH/Safety/Veto all played on Thursday/Friday/Saturday (on a normal week), that tells me production is going to be doing a lot out there basically every day and they probably won't get the backyard until Sunday's and will probably lose it on Wednesday. Not a lot of time for outside.

But it is annoying, especially Dani, hearing them constantly talking about how cold it is and that there's (apparently) very little warm water. :lol:

The backyard may be limited this season. With the HOH/Safety/Veto all played on Thursday/Friday/Saturday (on a normal week), that tells me production is going to be doing a lot out there basically every day and they probably won't get the backyard until Sunday's and will probably lose it on Wednesday. Not a lot of time for outside.

But it is annoying, especially Dani, hearing them constantly talking about how cold it is and that there's (apparently) very little warm water. :lol:
Huh. Didn't realize that after being out of the loop for a few years. That's a shame. It's a nice dynamic change, but it could also lead to some extra stir-crazy drama :shrug:.

It's so frustrating seeing this Cody/Keesha conversation. If she would've just talked to him before noms, she'd probably be safe.

Huh. Didn't realize that after being out of the loop for a few years. That's a shame. It's a nice dynamic change, but it could also lead to some extra stir-crazy drama :shrug:.

It's so frustrating seeing this Cody/Keesha conversation. If she would've just talked to him before noms, she'd probably be safe.
People have almost been afraid to talk to Cody I feel like because you can already see he's got a group together. At the same time, gotta play the game. I hope Keesha pulls Janelle/Kaysar/Memphis or HG Choice at the Veto drawing.

People have almost been afraid to talk to Cody I feel like because you can already see he's got a group together. At the same time, gotta play the game. I hope Keesha pulls Janelle/Kaysar/Memphis or HG Choice at the Veto drawing.
Absolutely and that goes right back to how sloppy this HOH run is. Even this convo with Keesha shouldn't be this long. He's just sending so many questionable messages to the other HGs right now.

On a different note, I'm incredibly intrigued by this Enzo/Nicole A. friendship. It seems like they're both pretty perceptive of everyone's strengths and weaknesses (mostly). It's interesting to see how self-aware Enzo is too. Not sure where either will go with it though yet.

Reactions: Nick
Absolutely and that goes right back to how sloppy this HOH run is. Even this convo with Keesha shouldn't be this long. He's just sending so many questionable messages to the other HGs right now.

On a different note, I'm incredibly intrigued by this Enzo/Nicole A. friendship. It seems like they're both pretty perceptive of everyone's strengths and weaknesses (mostly). It's interesting to see how self-aware Enzo is too. Not sure where either will go with it though yet.
Casting has changed for the worse imo in recent years as we don't get people like Kaysar or Enzo anymore. Sure, we get a personality like Enzo (Paulie comes to mind), but there's no depth. No perceptiveness or strategic mindset. I honestly think Kaysar is the first person on quite like him since he was last on in Season 7.

They like more bubbly, young and stupid people these days who just want to have a showmance rather than people who have something intellectual to bring to the game.

Casting has changed for the worse imo in recent years as we don't get people like Kaysar or Enzo anymore. Sure, we get a personality like Enzo (Paulie comes to mind), but there's no depth. No perceptiveness or strategic mindset. I honestly think Kaysar is the first person on quite like him since he was last on in Season 7.

They like more bubbly, young and stupid people these days who just want to have a showmance rather than people who have something intellectual to bring to the game.
Strongly agreed. Like I said earlier, it's largely why I've just skipped the past few seasons after watching avidly for years and years. It just seems like a complete loss compared to prior seasons. I could get going for the younger, more-airheaded individuals if the earlier seasons lacked drama/fights, but most of the best "iconic" fights came from those first 10-15 seasons. I just don't see the reason for the shift other than "attractive young people = views". It's a shame. These first three days alone have shown what a real season of strategy can look like and it's been incredibly refreshing.

EDIT: Hah. Janelle, Dani, and Christmas started talking about how much older this season is right after sending this.

Reactions: Nick
Strongly agreed. Like I said earlier, it's largely why I've just skipped the past few seasons after watching avidly for years and years. It just seems like a complete loss compared to prior seasons. I could get going for the younger, more-airheaded individuals if the earlier seasons lacked drama/fights, but most of the best "iconic" fights came from those first 10-15 seasons. I just don't see the reason for the shift other than "attractive young people = views". It's a shame. These first three days alone have shown what a real season of strategy can look like and it's been incredibly refreshing.

EDIT: Hah. Janelle, Dani, and Christmas started talking about how much older this season is right after sending this.
I'm not quite sure if this is the oldest average age season ever, but it's close. The average age of this season is 33.5. I haven't done all seasons, but the last time it was close was 13 at 31.5 (which was when they brought back a bunch of all-star caliber players to play with newbies).

• Haha
Kaysar is kinda going off the deep end this morning with his theories unfortunately. Hoping he can get it together. Janelle had to hold him back last night from spewing his (wrong) theory to Memphis, but he ended up doing it this morning anyhow.

A couple of potential alliances formed last night as well:

EDIT: Man... Janelle is really spilling tea this year. I love it. She just revealed that Boogie drunkely admitted to her years ago that he snuck a phone into sequester during BB14 and read the bios for the cast to help pick his team.

Cody also said that Derrick told him that he was too afraid to compete again this year because he thought he'd be targeted immediately.

Kaysar is kinda going off the deep end this morning with his theories unfortunately. Hoping he can get it together. Janelle had to hold him back last night from spewing his (wrong) theory to Memphis, but he ended up doing it this morning anyhow.

A couple of potential alliances formed last night as well:

EDIT: Man... Janelle is really spilling tea this year. I love it. She just revealed that Boogie drunkely admitted to her years ago that he snuck a phone into sequester during BB14 and read the bios for the cast to help pick his team.

Cody also said that Derrick told him that he was too afraid to compete again this year because he thought he'd be targeted immediately.

Kaysar is absolutely lost it overnight. Like he has good ideas on what to do, but is impatient and doesn’t want to wait, he just wants to go, go, go.

Did Kayser ever talk to Memphis? He was really hoped up on that last night.

Kaysar is absolutely lost it overnight. Like he has good ideas on what to do, but is impatient and doesn’t want to wait, he just wants to go, go, go.

Did Kayser ever talk to Memphis? He was really hoped up on that last night.
Unfortunately, he did. First thing this morning. And Memphis immediately went and told Cody everything from my understanding. Like you said, he's incredibly perceptive right now, but he's going waaaay too hard, too fast and people are catching on to it.