Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cafe La Bamba is supposed to host the new Superstar Character Breakfast. Do we have an opening date for that?

If only it would become an old Hollywood meet and greet. Marx Brothers, Chaplin, original Monsters.

Wishful thinking.

I had the same thought about the garden buildings... they would make perfect Meet N Greet areas... even if they only use the ones not currently used as office space.

Personally I think the old Hollywood Characters belong in Hollywood in front of T2:3D

That being said, I am really excited for a Character meet and Greet that kids will be excited about!

Peeked around inside and nothing going on. Even the tables are shrink wrapped as of now.

IMG_1213.jpg

yesterday they had the registers and monitor on the coke machine running... even had silverware on the tables. I guess whatever it's gonna be used for is happening soon.

The interior is ready to go and the new soda fountain machines are installed and turned on. Outside the entrance is the advertisement for the new character meal options.

IMG_1360.jpg

So it's $26.99 per person for a plated breakfast? Not even a buffet? Uh.. yeah, that's not gonna work at all.

Here is the whole thing and I would imagine early access to Despicable Me is a high possibility as well once its officially grand opened.

Universal’s Superstar Character Breakfast

Start your day at Universal Studios® with a delicious breakfast featuring some of the stars from Universal’s Superstar Parade. Then, later in the day, party with your new friends as the parade takes to the streets with one-of-a-kind music, incredible floats and opportunities to interact with some of the characters.

PLUS, enjoy FREE Early Park Admission to these rides & attractions:
Shrek 4D

Time: First Seating June 15th (Dates and Times subject to change)
Characters From: Nickelodeon; the hit comedy Hop; Despicable Me
Price: Adults $26.99, Children $10.99

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
After reserving and purchasing your dining experience online, you must call 407-224-7554 (EST 7:30am–10pm Mon-Sat; 7:30am–9pm Sun) up to 24 hours before arriving to confirm your table.

Thats why it would be crucial to open DM up early as well :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It's like Disney offering early access to the Transportation and Ticket Center after Chef Mickey's.

Or how about Its a Small World...:whoo:

So, I've actually seen action in the Garden of Allah Villas before. In 2009/10? I was walking by and there was a big crowd gathered around the area all watching a live filming. There was a camera crew set up and a beautiful red car (60's era Corvette or 50's Cadillac perhaps?, i can't remember) placed in the courtyard. I thought it was staged as a distraction on a busy day, but I've never seen it again or heard anyone mention this so maybe not?

They were doing some renovations here the other day. Maybe the rumors of a Shrek/Donkey moved meet and greet are true. Noble steed. Though I liked Donkey, Garden of Allah is so pretty....I guess space used is better than space unused. Anybody else coo-berate this rumor?

Orlando Informer reported that Cafe La Bamba is now open for lunch, supposedly only through mid-January. The posted menus appear to offer Southwestern inspired dishes.

From Orlando Informer's Facebook.....

To my great surprise, I discovered the Cafe La Bamba was open for lunch service.

iXpk0yh6nAMCU.jpg

Turns out this was their very first lunch service. I was told the restaurant will be open now through mid January.

ikaULuTSzDBYR.jpg

The Spicy Beef Burrito from Cafe La Bamba.

ifxKXEeH2CEAF.jpg

From ‏@OrlandoInformer....

This is the first lunch service in years at Cafe La Bamba @UniversalORL. I'm literally the only guest in here.

iqMHsNZ7Ano3e.png

Its about time they offered Mexican food in the park. They will probably keep the place open for lunch until they are done with Monsters Cafe. By the way the burrito in the picture looks good.

Can anyone confirm this?

From ‏@themeparkfoodie

Just overheard some training at @UniversalORL's La Bamba. Serving model will be "both quick service and full service." Be Our Guest style!
To clarify, La Bamba will likely be similar to Be Our Guest lunch (food brought to table), NOT dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.