Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt this will shut down in January as that is when Monsters will likely go down. That must just be what they're initially budgeted for.

I wouldn't mind if they partnered with AMC again to turn this into a Los Pollos Hermanos :lol: I'll probably never eat here since I don't really like Mexican food.

I hadn't been in there since I was a little girl so it was interesting to go in there the other day. Definitely planning on trying the food sometime.

Every time I walk by the place, I think of La Bamba from the Basic Cable Band on Conan.:lol: It's good to see it open. I'll probably eat something there next time I go.

I am glad I am not the only one! I think of Labamba from Conan every time. IN THE YEAR TWO THOUSANNNNNNnnnnnd

can someone grab a better photo of the menu? im interested in what vegetarian options they have if any.

I'm afraid it doesn't look good. Here's the menu including everything but a few sides and desserts:

Tostada Salad – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49, Spicey Beef $8.49
Tacos – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49
Burritos – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49, Spicey Beef $8.49
Mojo Roasted Chicken $10.99
Chimichurri Skirt Steak $14.99
Chipoltle BBQ Ribs $14.99
All entrees come with two sides: Tortilla Chips, Black Beans & Rice, Tortilla Soup, Chili

can someone grab a better photo of the menu? im interested in what vegetarian options they have if any.

I'm afraid it doesn't look good. Here's the menu including everything but a few sides and desserts:

Tostada Salad – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49, Spicey Beef $8.49
Tacos – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49
Burritos – Chicken $8.99, Steak $9.49, Spicey Beef $8.49
Mojo Roasted Chicken $10.99
Chimichurri Skirt Steak $14.99
Chipoltle BBQ Ribs $14.99
All entrees come with two sides: Tortilla Chips, Black Beans & Rice, Tortilla Soup, Chili

The Tostada Salad, Tacos, and Burritos are all Vegetarian initially. I know they're not popping these into a microwave. I'd put money on all 3 of those being sold with a vegetarian option if you'd like it. Knowing Universal though, they probably will charge you what they charge for the beef. Even though, with the 2 sides that's a better meal than Louie's.

Chipoltle BBQ Ribs and Chimichurri Skirt Steak at a counter service? Yeah!

And they look pretty good, too. Just look at the portion of chicken!

From Orlando Informer

iXqeAgXwg6Jsy.jpg

ic5RDGMf1x2AV.jpg

Do they have fries for kids meals, because the main dishes (ribs, steak, chicken) look and sound great, but I've never been a rice or beans person (exception is Panda fried rice). :lol:

Just not a Mexican (well, Tex-Mex I guess in this instance) food fan, but it is nice to see different menus around the park.

Do they have fries for kids meals, because the main dishes (ribs, steak, chicken) look and sound great, but I've never been a rice or beans person (exception is Panda fried rice). :lol:

Just not a Mexican (well, Tex-Mex I guess in this instance) food fan, but it is nice to see different menus around the park.

It doesn't appear that there is a kids menu. All entree items come with two side dishes. The black beans & rice is considered only one side dish. If you don't care for that, you can still choose any of the following.....

• Guacamole & Tortilla Chips
  • Tortilla Soup
  • Chili

While I'm not a huge fan of this type of food, I do think it's excellent that the Studios is diversifying it's dining options. After spending 4 nights there for HHN in October, I really felt the lack of decent choices beyond Louie's, Mel's and Monsters (which is about to require a RIP designation). Potter should hopefully help even more. (I'm also not a fan of Richter's, for what it's worth.)

Status
Not open for further replies.