Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Forget the IP, the Pets ride, 'if' it hasn't changed from last year's plans, can stand alone even if it wasn't based on a movie IP. That version of the ride looks excellent, and could be one of the most fun dark rides anywhere. It really doesn't matter if you like the movie or not. It's a good example of an attraction that really wouldn't need an IP to be popular.....Hopefully it was not value engineered or altered much from that plan. Plus, the plan had new characters, and a different plot from the movie.

We should remember how many of the current projects we knew were coming at the begging of last summer: ZERO. DC was open, T2 was open, there was no indication of a new night show, and there was no movement at JP. Just because we're not hearing anything about something now doesn't mean there aren't plans.

We should remember how many of the current projects we knew were coming at the begging of last summer: ZERO. DC was open, T2 was open, there was no indication of a new night show, and there was no movement at JP. Just because we're not hearing anything about something now doesn't mean there aren't plans.

Not to mention we all thought SNW was going in KidZone.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Forget the IP, the Pets ride, 'if' it hasn't changed from last year's plans, can stand alone even if it wasn't based on a movie IP. That version of the ride looks excellent, and could be one of the most fun dark rides anywhere. It really doesn't matter if you like the movie or not. It's a good example of an attraction that really wouldn't need an IP to be popular.....Hopefully it was not value engineered or altered much from that plan. Plus, the plan had new characters, and a different plot from the movie.
WHat plans? Cause the movie was Trash

Right. The UC backlog is huge. It's just all about how many dollars there are, and how they're being allocated.

I think they're right to divert funds to KZ first. But I think Shrek makes a lot of sense to be plussed next.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Shrek will be with us until the new park opens.

KidZone not so much.

This really surprises me. Assuming the park opens in 2023/2024, the front of the park will have an attraction over 20 years old that is less impressive than a run of the mill screening at a 4DX auditorium. Seriously, I saw Fallen Kingdom in 4DX and the 10 minute Volcano sequence had more dynamic movement, effects, and in general felt more like a theme park ride than Shrek 4-D does. I'm amazed they will let it survive that long.

What plans? Cause the movie was Trash

There were (are, when you look at USH) plans for a Secret Life of Pet's dark ride. It would've been a full on trackless dark ride with an emphasis on practicality over screens.

It was even accidentally glanced over during a Earnings Call in the early portion of 2016. And IU was the first to report it back in the fall of 2015 if I'm not mistaken.

Since then, IU has reported of it replacing the Globe Theater at USH, as they are actually seeming to be moving with that attraction as it stands now.

Here we are all excited for the possibility of a new park, not thinking that it is has become a rob Peter to pay Paul.

I think realistically that was always gonna be the case. You don't build a new park, resorts, and water park (I'd imagine) without somewhat cooling down on projects in the original parks for a time.

So was Avatar and that got a whole land that people seem to like. Pets ride will be good, whether the movie was or not.
People actually liked Avatar and it was a great movie that deserved a land. That's the difference But okay sure. WHos to say Pets ride will be good or not. We don't know. But it'll likely be a success because people in general like 'Pets' anyway.

Here we are all excited for the possibility of a new park, not thinking that it is has become a rob Peter to pay Paul.

Unpopular opinion: I’d rather see a new theme park, water park, and resort get built, even if that means we don’t get a new project for either of the two current parks for a while (of course, I don’t count the HP coaster, Jurassic World, KidZone replacement, and Ministry, as they’re all projects that will be coming regardless).

I could care less about when we see the Shrek-4D, MSHI expansion, Lost Continent retheme, Toon Lagoon retheme, etc, as long as I get to watch the biggest North-American theme park project in years.

BINGO! I mentioned this in another post but that is clearly what is happening. Shortly after the massive number of D23 ride announcements there were so many exciting projects that credible insiders said were happening with a very aggressive timeline. Super Nintendo World, Pets Dark ride, Ministry of Magic, Marvel expansion, Berk taking over Lost Continent, etc. A few months passed with Kidzone permits ready to go and demolition almost underway and then BAM, radio silence until we got word Nintendo was moving to the third gate.

It isn't just Nintendo moving to the third gate but also all the money that would have been spent on the existing parks. If I had to guess, budgets for 2020 - 2023 attraction spending for the main resort was shifted to the third gate. That would explain the 2020 headliner attraction being a barebones (no pun intended) coaster plopped down in the middle of Jurassic Park/World which will carry a budget that is a fraction of a typical E-ticket. Assuming Kidzone replacement is up next in 2021, I'm guessing it too will be smaller in scale than any of us hoped with a handful of flat rides and a D-ticket.

It isn't just Nintendo moving to the third gate but also all the money that would have been spent on the existing parks. If I had to guess, budgets for 2020 - 2023 attraction spending for the main resort was shifted to the third gate. That would explain the 2020 headliner attraction being a barebones (no pun intended) coaster plopped down in the middle of Jurassic Park/World which will carry a budget that is a fraction of a typical E-ticket. Assuming Kidzone replacement is up next in 2021, I'm guessing it too will be smaller in scale than any of us hoped with a handful of flat rides and a D-ticket.

Jurassic Park has no room for an E-Ticket, though. And we’re still getting an E-Ticket with the Harry Potter coaster.

Also, the KidZone replacement is not anything to mess around with. This thing is huge for USF.