Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 1, 2009
Orlando
I kept the topic name just Shrek 4-D so we could talk about the ride and history because I couldn't find one...

So I am posting this topic to ask a few questions and I also was shocked today while watching Netflix...

While watching Netflix today we started watching the DreamWorks Spooky Stories and got to the 3rd Episode called Shrek and the Ghost of King Farquaad. Well the episode is the same video used in Shrek 4-D ride!

Now on to questions...

1) What attractions / shows where there before Shrek 4-D?

2) How long do you think the attraction will last and what would you replace it with?

I kept the topic name just Shrek 4-D so we could talk about the ride and history because I couldn't find one...

So I am posting this topic to ask a few questions and I also was shocked today while watching Netflix...

While watching Netflix today we started watching the DreamWorks Spooky Stories and got to the 3rd Episode called Shrek and the Ghost of King Farquaad. Well the episode is the same video used in Shrek 4-D ride!

Now on to questions...

1) What attractions / shows where there before Shrek 4-D?

2) How long do you think the attraction will last and what would you replace it with?

1. Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies
2. I say Shrek still has a few years left. As far as a replacement look for a possible Dreamworks sequel such as How to train your dragon to tie into.

Reactions: GlacierGlacier
Not the biggest fan of Shrek 4-D. The video you're referring to was also premiered on Nickelodeon before it came out on DVD and Netflix.

Depending on how much money this Puss in Boots movie makes, I see it sticking around another 2-4 years and unfortunately just being replaced with another Dreamworks property. The movie is okay, I wouldn't say terrible. But I'm sure it's total crap compared to Hitchcock which I never got to experience.

it would be nice to get an updated film or something .. unless Universal comes out with another hit movie... Dreamworks has HTTYD 2 coming but if i had to pick something from them to replace it I'd rather see Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Reactions: figment1986
i was thinking about how long Shrek 4d has. i think its next after despicable me is finished.

they took down the Shrek signage on the side when they repainted it and haven't put it back up yet.

id love to see something behind the scenes at the park again. id be totally disappointed if they replaced it with another 3d kids show.

it would be nice to get an updated film or something .. unless Universal comes out with another hit movie... Dreamworks has HTTYD 2 coming but if i had to pick something from them to replace it I'd rather see Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Definitely a property to keep an eye on :thumbs:

I always enjoyed the pre-show for Shrek 4-D. That had at least some theming and some nice props. But yeah once you got inside to the theater, it was quite the shock of going from nice looking dungeon to big bland theater that looked like it had nothing to do with Shrek. Movie itself is :blank:

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
i was thinking about how long Shrek 4d has. i think its next after despicable me is finished.

they took down the Shrek signage on the side when they repainted it and haven't put it back up yet.

id love to see something behind the scenes at the park again. id be totally disappointed if they replaced it with another 3d kids show.

well depending on how this Kids Zone thing works out I would think they would replace it with something for kids

Some photos taken yesterday

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

i was referring to what used to be on the side of the building

Last time I saw them the signs had really faded and the pictures looked awful. I'm sure that they are just being replaced and we should see them up again soon. And does anyone know if Puss N' Boots did well? I think that the success of that as a franchise will really help pave the way to more years with Shrek 4-D or if it's time is running out.

Last time I saw them the signs had really faded and the pictures looked awful. I'm sure that they are just being replaced and we should see them up again soon. And does anyone know if Puss N' Boots did well? I think that the success of that as a franchise will really help pave the way to more years with Shrek 4-D or if it's time is running out.

i don't know. something like that seems like it shouldn't take months. id imagine that the replacements would have been ready if they cared enough about putting it back up.

Wow. I literally have never seen that move. :lol: Was that our Yeti?

Anyway, I can't believe the Shrek 4D ride film is on Netflix! I love it so I want to watch it but man, they've literally put that thing everywhere at this point. On DVD, on television. I'm surprised it still has long waits.

I like Shrek in the parks so I'd hate to see him go but maybe he can get a new film?